Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    For Essendon, they get to take picks to the draft but lose face after working on a deal for months with Pickering. Opposition players would be wary of agreeing to go public on any trade request in the future.
    We say this but Papley not getting to Carlton hasn't held them back, and while Sydney haven't grabbed anyone of note (sorry Tom Hickey you don't qualify) I'm not sure their reputation has been tarnished.

I think players don't place much stock in how hard a club is to trade with, although I can see them being reluctant to trust Collingwood with their contracts after this off season. Imagine if the Magpies asked you to backend your contract now.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I know Collingwood have a tight cap. But if Stephenson goes to North and we take on most of Treloar's salary and flick them our first rounder they'll use a lot of that freed up cap and the first rounder to have a crack at Gunston today I reckon. The rest goes to

De Goey. They are very keen on Gunston.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one way some in the industry believe everyone can go home happy.

Essendon, with picks six, seven and eight, trades one to Collingwood for its No. 16 selection and its future first-round pick.

The Pies get pick eight to use on a kid, Essendon has two future first-rounders to satisfy the Dogs on Dunkley and the Dogs have an arsenal of pick 14 plus three first-rounders if they want to get a deal done on Treloar.

And Essendon gets to use pick 16 on GWS midfielder Jye Caldwell while getting pick 29 back for Orazio Fantasia and keeping picks six and seven.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Here is one way some in the industry believe everyone can go home happy.

Essendon, with picks six, seven and eight, trades one to Collingwood for its No. 16 selection and its future first-round pick.

The Pies get pick eight to use on a kid, Essendon has two future first-rounders to satisfy the Dogs on Dunkley and the Dogs have an arsenal of pick 14 plus three first-rounders if they want to get a deal done on Treloar.

And Essendon gets to use pick 16 on GWS midfielder Jye Caldwell while getting pick 29 back for Orazio Fantasia and keeping picks six and seven.

Link
    I'd prefer Essendon's pick 6 this year and their first rounder next year, then work on a deal to flip 6 and 14 into something very juicy like Adelaide's 1st next year. Pick swaps can be completed up until the draft.

Treloar is a separate deal and no first round pick should be involved in any circumstances.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Standard Essendon media.

Not sure why Collingwood would be keen to give up pick 16 and pick 10-16 for pick 8 in a stuffed draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Standard Essendon media.

Not sure why Collingwood would be keen to give up pick 16 and pick 10-16 for pick 8 in a stuffed draft.
    Because everyone wants to help Dodo
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Standard Essendon media.

When is Reef McInnes expected to attract a bid? Pick 8 could get them ahead of that and allow them to add 2 high quality kids this draft?

Edit: Hun article today predicting a bid around 15-25.

Post Thanks / Like

When is Reef McInnes expected to attract a bid? Pick 8 could get them ahead of that and allow them to add 2 high quality kids this draft?

Edit: Hun article today predicting a bid around 15-25.
    Don't they also need points for Daicos?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure but they'd at least be expecting another pick back, otherwise they are paying pick 4 to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't they also need points for Daicos?
    That's next year.

Sure but they'd at least be expecting another pick back, otherwise they are paying pick 4 to do that.
    Sure, the scenario might be an over-simplification, but there is a good reason why they might want to move up the order from 16.

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could something like the following work?

We fold Port Adelaide into our deal.

Port give up their 2021 first rounder (probable 12-18) and say pick 47, get back Fantasia, Essendons 2021 Second Rounder (probable 20-30), Bulldogs 2021 Second Rounder (probable (25-35).

This enables Essendon to give up their 2021 first rounder as they now have another.

Essendon gives up Fantasia, their 2021 first rounder, their 2021 second rounder, pick 8. Get Dunkley, Ports 2021 first rounder and pick 47.

Bulldogs give up Dunkley and 2021 Second rounder. Get Essendon's 2021 First rounder and pick 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it 3pm yet?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer
    As someone on Woof said many years ago...."if the goalposts were located on the wings, Sam Power would have been the best player in the competition"
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer
    But still no fuss, and unassuming which is perfect for his current role.

Post Thanks / Like

We get the rabble's two first round picks or "tell them they're dreamin". Zero softening. If we could get Treloar for max $600k nett it might be good as he will have something to prove to Collingwood for dumping him. Similarly Martin reckons he was cut loose early, he will also have something to prove to Fagan. He is a good pick up to compliment and mentor English and Sweet, is an intelligent bloke and a seems a good person