Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Bump
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Bump
    Lol.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    Really
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Really
    Nah, bad call on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, bad call on my part.
    Emotion from the game day thread

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Emotion from the game day thread
    Yes, yes it was.

I normally don’t post during the match but lockdown has got me doing bizarre things!

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes it was.

I normally don’t post during the match but lockdown has got me doing bizarre things!
    It's hard not having people sitting beside you to vent with! Twitter and Woof have definitely got more of a workout during lockdown.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 100% sure he is so happy he isn't at the Bombers tonight. Off to the big dance again in the Red, White and Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I'm 100% sure he is so happy he isn't at the Bombers tonight. Off to the big dance again in the Red, White and Blue.
    I can change that if you want me to.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not tonight, not tomorrow night, not in a fortnight and not during any trade period for some years, possibly for Dunks entire career.

And stop calling me Josephine.

Post Thanks / Like

From wantaway to Grand Final bound: Josh Dunkley on THAT trade request

JOSH Dunkley would have been watching next week's AFL grand final in a rival club's colours if last November's stunning trade request had been granted. Then I read Jeemak's thread on WOOF wanting to get rid of me and decided, nope I am staying

The 24-year-old was seeking more midfield time and nominated Essendon as his preferred destination, but was ultimately held to the remaining two years on his Western Bulldogs contract.

"I haven't really thought about it too much ever since it didn't happen; I've just looked forward and tried to do as best I can for the team," Dunkley said.

"I've been on record saying I'm really excited for the future and things like that.

"But to be able to come back into the group and be embraced by everyone from day one of pre-season has been really important."

As Dunkley prepares for a shot at a second premiership - the Bulldogs to take on Melbourne in the September 25 grand final - everything appears to have panned out well.

He has played an important role in the midfield rotation when fit and formed a close bond with star recruit Adam Treloar, who added even more depth to the Dogs' strong on-ball division over summer.

But the 11-month period since Dunkley's trade move fell through hasn't all been smooth sailing.

He was sidelined after a shoulder reconstruction in April and played one match on return before being forced into quarantine after he unwittingly attending a COVID-19 exposure site.

"For me, it's been an interesting ride," Dunkley said, having played 14 games this season, including all three finals so far.

"I did my shoulder (in round six), came back in pretty quick time, 11-12 weeks, which I don't know if it's been done before.

"I felt really good in that Gold Coast game (round 18) and then I copped the two weeks quarantine at home.

"To be locked inside my house for two weeks certainly didn't help my preparation and all the work that I'd done post-shoulder surgery... now I'm starting to hit my straps again."

The Bulldogs have a massive injury concern with star midfielder Josh Dunkley hurting his shoulder in this collision

It's happening at the right time, with Dunkley one of up to nine players from the Bulldogs' 2016 premiership team set to chase more flag glory in this year's historic decider at Perth's Optus Stadium.

"We've just got to put our heads down and work really hard - the job's not done yet," Dunkley said.

"We've got to train really well, get together and enjoy the moment a little bit and when it comes to game day we'll work really hard together and hopefully we get that (premiership)."

Dunkley said he has not yet closely considered his playing future beyond his existing contract, which runs out at the end of next year, but expects some dialogue with the Bulldogs' hierarchy during the off-season.

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From wantaway to Grand Final bound: Josh Dunkley on THAT trade request

Dunkley said he has not yet closely considered his playing future beyond his existing contract, which runs out at the end of next year, but expects some dialogue with the Bulldogs' hierarchy during the off-season.
    What do you reckon BAD, you think he will stay or look to move at the end of 2022?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice edit bad.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you reckon BAD, you think he will stay or look to move at the end of 2022?
    Stays

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one BAD!

He's definitely going at the end of next year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.