Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Edmund now worried that Dunkley is going. Feels the process is taking too long.

He thinks the most likely place if he left is Brisbane. His sister lives up there and they are a good fit.
    He really isn't helping the club much by delaying for so long.
    We need to be looking for replacements.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund now worried that Dunkley is going. Feels the process is taking too long.

He thinks the most likely place if he left is Brisbane. His sister lives up there and they are a good fit.
    Was it Happy Days who suggested it was weird Dunkley would move to QLD to be with his sister rather than Adelaide to be with his GF and to add further tot his his brother and mum and dad are in Victoria.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes jeemak, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He really isn't helping the club much by delaying for so long.
    We need to be looking for replacements.
    If he is leaving what can he do? Can you imagine the uproar and fall out if he publicly announced it as we are coming into a finals campaign.

Maybe he's already told the club he is leaving?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Was it Happy Days who suggested it was weird Dunkley would move to QLD to be with his sister rather than Adelaide to be with his GF and to add further tot his his brother and mum and dad are in Victoria.
    Nah I just said that it was a very normal, well adjusted and not weird thing to do.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes jeemak, azabob, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If he is leaving what can he do? Can you imagine the uproar and fall out if he publicly announced it as we are coming into a finals campaign.

Maybe he's already told the club he is leaving?
    Wonder if we will ever get to the point where the game is mature enough to handle that scenario.
    Personally I'd prefer he at least let the club know.

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure Edmund ripped that straight from next door anyway. Brisbane have nothing to offer us with all of their picks tied up in Ashcroft and Fletcher, and taking a future first after trading them a superstar mid and shoring up their main weakness would be really, really dumb.

9. Likes Grantysghost, GVGjr, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Im pretty sure Edmund ripped that straight from next door anyway. Brisbane have nothing to offer us with all of their picks tied up in Ashcroft and Fletcher, and taking a future first after trading them a superstar mid and shoring up their main weakness would be really, really dumb.
    Agree, problem is the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree, problem is the PSD.
    North will 1000% take Dunkley if it comes to that, they aren’t too proud for anything at the moment. And I think Dunkley and his aspirations of becoming a name brand would rather die than go there.

12. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has taken too long and for us Brisbane is not the sort of club we can do that well out of a trade with this year as they have two highly rated father son selections they are going to need a lot of points to cover.

I still don't quite get the lure for him to go there instead of Port given his best mates are here and his GF is in SA.
    Brisbane have a lot to very good midfielders as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think it is only dollars with Dunks. He seemed to be banking on having a good year with us in 2022 increasing his chances of getting more moolah than he was offered earlier in the year. His very close friendship with Adz is a huge plus for him to remain too. I am still hopeful he remains.

15. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Personally I think it is only dollars with Dunks. He seemed to be banking on having a good year with us in 2022 increasing his chances of getting more moolah than he was offered earlier in the year. His very close friendship with Adz is a huge plus for him to remain too. I am still hopeful he remains.
    This is my (glass half full) feelings as well
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund again on Dunks:

“So hard to read this.

“I’ve come and gone with this, yesterday my confidence had well and truly cracked.

“The Brisbane offer is close to comparable for Josh Dunkley, it’s not like Brisbane have blown the Dogs off the water.

“But the Port Adelaide offer, however, is a better one financially, that’s the superior offer and that’s the temptation.

“Internally, he’s super invested, I’m told he’s engaged and he’s behaving like a player that will be there for the long-term.

“But we won’t know until the Dogs’ season is finished either way.

“From their (the Western Bulldogs’) mind, they’re as comfortable as you can be when a key player hasn’t re-signed.”

18. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Bumper Bulldogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Take this gossip with due caution-a few posters on BF late this arvo saying Dunks has today signed a 6 year deal staying with us.

Just hope we don’t lose West - can see him seeking opportunities elsewhere if Dunks is staying.

20. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Not surprised that Port have gone hard.

Post Thanks / Like

And Dunkley confirmed his partner, Tippah Dwan, who plays netball for the Adelaide Thunderbirds, would play a factor in his decision.

“The [Bulldogs] have given a lot to me over the last seven years and I’ve loved every minute of it,” Dunkley told 7NEWS on Tuesday.

“It’s more just trying to think about my future and my life and so, yeah, a few big decisions to make over the next few days.

“Family’s always been important to me and Tippah’s obviously living in Adelaide, so we’ll have to weigh up those decisions over the next few days, as I mentioned.”

The Power slipped down the ladder this year and concerns arose over their midfield.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl-trade...-mid-c-8142119