Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    If he walks and we don’t make a deal with Port/Brisbane, what happens? Are we compensated?
    No. He's going to the preseason draft.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    If he walks and we don’t make a deal with Port/Brisbane, what happens? Are we compensated?
    In that instance we would not be compensated. The problem for both teams is someone like North could grab him in the PSD if they can't get us to agree.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yes. But no way in the world Brisbane do that.
    Then they miss out. Simple.

To get something nice you have to give something nice. This trade can be a process where both clubs can improve their list.

You can be bloody minded about 'winning' trade week and remain anchored in mediocrity (like Essendon.) but Brisbane have a recent record of getting trades done and Sam Power has proven many times that he's no mug.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a future 1st with Brisbane for next season is kinda pointless. It'll likely be pick 15+.

Twodogs is right though, Brisbane have a good record of getting trades done, as do we. In fact Brisbane and the Bulldogs have worked quite well together for trades.

Post Thanks / Like

mjp you might not want to answer this but would you push to include Devon Robertson as part of the trade with Dunkley? Obviously if he nominates the lions.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Man why can’t we just ask for something good. If all Brisbane have is a future first, Home Brand Marcus Adams and a first year small forward then I’d rather let him walk to the PSD.
    TBH I'd take a future first, Payne & Lohmann. That's actually a pretty good deal. Lohmann was taken at pick 20 last year so was close to a first round talent
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Suspect Brisbane will try to to package up the picks they get for McStay plus their first rounders for points and Dunkley, with maybe a player thrown in for us.

Ones I'd look at:
    -Noah Answerth. Hard to pry out, is a regular, but is a Vic boy, is a great one on one defender and would be a good get. Would need to be working on him already though.
    -Jack Payne. I've gone off him a bit, he hasn't really leaped forward for mine and I'd rate him similarly to Liam Jones of which I don't want double of. Think he could be a good lockdown guy in the model of a more reliable Cordy, but not sure the ceiling is there to be someone our defence could really work off.
    -Jaxon Prior. Good size and covers the ground well from what I've seen. Seems neat and they've kept him around the best 22 a lot in the past year without him actually being in it, which to me is a good sign that they rate him but don't have a spot for him yet making him appealing but not too hard to trade for. Suspect mjp might have a few thoughts about him.
    -Kai Lohmann. Seems the player type we should be searching for, and has already been in the mix for them. Haven't seen any footage although the description of "He can take a big pack mark and is just as deadly doing his work at ground level as a crumbing forward" sounds like Weightman again, which is not a bad thing.
    -Dev Robertson. Is pretty entrenched in their lineup and probably moves down a rung with Dunkleys arrival (although I suspect Josh is to replace Lyons who I'm not sure they'll keep once he drops off). Good competitor and could help us offset the loss of our harder mids in Dunkley and Libba, but he is the highest value player on this list imo and is a WA boy.
    -Darcy Wilmott. The kid who just plays finals, but good medium size and seems like a good user of the ball in defence.

Would love Keadean Coleman, but he is from Qld and has his brother at the club and is super highly rated so that might be asking a bit much. Likewise Zac Bailey, although we should be trying pretty hard with both, they'd both make us much better and we should always be forcing other clubs to have to fight to retain their talent like we have to with ours.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Feels like its not Port, think he is waiting to announce until the team he is going to has finished their season.
    The word I got is that it is 99% Port, but Hopper's backflip on the Cats this week says you never really know until it's signed.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane would be an interesting proposition.

Zac Bailey is certainly of interest, however would be on their list of untouchables I suspect (shouldn’t matter for a player of Dunks’ quality by the way, so we should ask for what we want).

Future first round picks probably don’t mean much.

What about the Big O?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Brisbane would be an interesting proposition.

Zac Bailey is certainly of interest, however would be on their list of untouchables I suspect (shouldn’t matter for a player of Dunks’ quality by the way, so we should ask for what we want).

Future first round picks probably don’t mean much.

What about the Big O?
    Can't see them giving up the Big O
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Surely if he moves interstate it would be to Adelaide to be closer to his GF and not Brisbane to be closer to his sister, something not quite right there. Anyway sick of the Dunkley show, has run longer than Neighbours and just as boring.
    Good ammo in the stands if that is how it goes. Ironically, the sort of thing we'd save for folk from Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

So Dunks is saying if he got to Essendon on a 4 year contract he would still be leaving now. Don't think so. He just wants out of the doggies for whatever reason.

15. Likes SonofScray, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No surprise really but Mitch Cleary mentions that if Dunkley doesn't announce Port this week then Brisbane moves to the front of the queue.

There has been a number of reports indicating that money isn't driving his decision making. Perhaps that will bring some other clubs into the mix.
    Aza, do you still think Sydney is a chance?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No surprise really but Mitch Cleary mentions that if Dunkley doesn't announce Port this week then Brisbane moves to the front of the queue.

There has been a number of reports indicating that money isn't driving his decision making. Perhaps that will bring some other clubs into the mix.
    Doesn't his old man hate the place and won't have anything to do with it? If that grudge is still going our Dunkley won't be going there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think so. I really thought Bailey Smith was a big chance to land there.
    More of an In Bruges guy?