Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 17 of 263 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Bont said he is going nowhere.
    The Bont knows all.

Meanwhile Rocco Jones is just a son of a bitch....

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    BR, has this been confirmed today?
    I probably should have said "surely Dunks doesnt want to go to Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee hasn't this escalated since Jeemak threw out the bait back in August.

For Dunkley this is a win win situation. No doubt.

For Essendon a win win situation. Dunkley has leverage with Essendon to get an amazing commercial outcome and be guaranteed to play 100% midfield time.

He also now has leverage with the bulldogs, to put forward his concerns of where he is being played on field (if he has any) and also re-negotiate his current contract and extend it to co-inside with free agency.

He is a couple years off entering his prime and his upside is a lot greater than the unknown we'd be bringing into our club if we were to trade him.

Oh, also guaranteed if he does want a trade to Essendon we won't get anything else done this trade period as Dodo will extended it out until the very final minute.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee hasn't this escalated since Jeemak threw out the bait back in August.

For Dunkley this is a win win situation. No doubt.

For Essendon a win win situation. Dunkley has leverage with Essendon to get an amazing commercial outcome and be guaranteed to play 100% midfield time.

He also now has leverage with the bulldogs, to put forward his concerns of where he is being played on field (if he has any) and also re-negotiate his current contract and extend it to co-inside with free agency.

He is a couple years off entering his prime and his upside is a lot greater than the unknown we'd be bringing into our club if we were to trade him.

Oh, also guaranteed if he does want a trade to Essendon we won't get anything else done this trade period as Dodo will extended it out until the very final minute.
    I don't quite see it that way, he has a contract until the end of 2022 so even if the offer is as big as is being speculated it's not necessarily what can be offered in two years time.
    We just have to keep saying no thanks to anything that Essendon might offer

I'm as confident as I can be that Dunkley will be with us next season and beyond
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't quite see it that way, he has a contract until the end of 2022 so even if the offer is as big as is being speculated it's not necessarily what can be offered in two years time.
    We just have to keep saying no thanks to anything that Essendon might offer

I'm as confident as I can be that Dunkley will be with us next season and beyond
    I am not saying we match Essendon's offer. If we want to keep Dunkley we likely will need to sweeten his current arrangement.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not saying we match Essendon's offer. If we want to keep Dunkley we likely will need to sweeten his current arrangement.
    Why though. He only re-signed last year, it's not like he'd be on nothing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We don’t have to do anything except say no, he is contracted we do not have to match anything he isn’t a restricted or free agent.
    He is contracted to play for us as per the contract both sides agreed to, if one says no he stays.
    Both player and club must agree for him to leave and the club has said no.
    For us to agree it would have to be a massive offer and the bombers would have to pay overs big time.
    I find it strange that a board member and our own captain has said he is happy and isn’t leaving but the press still write stories about it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's contracted until the end of 2022, there is nothing to see and this one will fizzle out soon enough
    If players want to leave while on contract why have contracts in the first place. They mean nothing.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Ill be pointing the finger squarely at Bevo if we lose Dunkley because he was *!*!*!*!ing forced to ruck. Worst decision we made all year and I said it from the first time it happened, that this should NOT be happening.
    Dunks is Bevo's favourite according to the players. All good there.

Post Thanks / Like

Um, so Tom Browne just said Dunkley has told the club he wants to go to Essendon

I don’t feel so good guys.

Post Thanks / Like

So if Dunkley is off to the Bombers, do we try to prise Papley out of Sydney with the traded picks?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
    – Huxley
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that its apparently a real chance, we’re taking the piss if we let him go. I’m so sick of our piss weak co-operative approach to list management, it gets you nowhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Um, so Tom Browne just said Dunkley has told the club he wants to go to Essendon

I don’t feel so good guys.
    Tom Browne says he has been told Dunks wants to go to Essendon. Not sure who is telling him that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Now that its apparently a real chance, we’re taking the piss if we let him go. I’m so sick of our piss weak co-operative approach to list management, it gets you nowhere.
    Okay wow that changes everything.

This is not good at all.