Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would you be so magnanimous if it was Bontempelli?

This is our best performed player of the last 12 months who is 25.

I get in a professional sporting world these things happen, but it's nothing like US or European sports here.

It's still a local game, built around communities and I'm ok with being cranky about Dunks leaving.

Not sure if I'm more annoyed with him, or the clubs inability to satisfy issues he had.

Also the destination, I can't see how we get a good deal here.
    I'd like to think I'd be the same with any player, none are bigger than the club. I don't like shitting on guys who have given their all for our enjoyment, especially Premiership Legends.

Dunkley wanted to leave two years ago, we denied him and he didn't sook. He gave us another two years of decent service.

Hopefully we can get a deal worked out nice and early.

I don't get the local feel anymore from the AFEL and it's clubs(or players) and TBH I'd rather watch country footy over the product that they created for TV. Wait until they relax FA more and players announce their next clubs during the season.
    The curse is dead.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, mjp, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the Club

Josh Dunkley statement

Josh Dunkley has today informed the Western Bulldogs Football Club of his desire to be traded to Brisbane.

The 25-year-old was drafted to the Bulldogs in 2015 and was a member of the 2016 premiership team.

“Josh has indicated to the club he is seeking to continue his career in Brisbane,” Bulldogs General Manager – List & Recruiting, Sam Power said.

“Josh has been weighing up this decision for some time and this news is obviously disappointing for the club.

“We believe Josh is at the peak of his powers in a football sense having had a career-best season in 2022, averaging 25 disposals and kicking 18 goals across the campaign.”

“The Club was clearly intent on Josh staying with the Bulldogs, having tabled an attractive contract offer for him to continue with us for the long term.”

“Given we have only learned the news this morning, we will take some time to work through the Club’s options leading into the trade period."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I'd like to think I'd be the same with any player, none are bigger than the club. I don't like shitting on guys who have given their all for our enjoyment, especially Premiership Legends.

Dunkley wanted to leave two years ago, we denied him and he didn't sook. He gave us another two years of decent service.

Hopefully we can get a deal worked out nice and early.

I don't get the local feel anymore from the AFEL and it's clubs(or players) and TBH I'd rather watch country footy over the product that they created for TV. Wait until they relax FA more and players announce their next clubs during the season.
    Fair enough. Thanks.

Also booo.

5. Likes chef, WBFC4FFC, EasternWest, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your services Josh. See you at the premiership reunions from 2031 onwards.

It seems six years is becoming the spot for deals for the better players, though not sure we're comfortable with that level of tenure and I can accept that position.

I'm definitely on the do what we can to secure Grundy, but I'm highly confident we don't have the apricots for that sort of play. I'd like to squeeze out a player on top of a first rounder for this year, and a future first with a range of picks going back. We need to change our mix now and need to use this as an opportunity to do so.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm it will probably be a future first and a player who in the best 23-26 team bracket.
    I’m not expecting much from this…a deal has to get done.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was hard to love him after the EOC trade request, which signalled his character. To his credit, somewhat, he didn’t spit the dummy when it couldn’t be done & frankly, he should be grateful we didn’t let him go there.

Fingers crossed we get a good deal and I wish him well post footy, until then, may his career be plagued by shit form, frustration and dissatisfaction.

10. Likes DOG GOD, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Thanks for your services Josh. See you at the premiership reunions from 2031 onwards.

It seems six years is becoming the spot for deals for the better players, though not sure we're comfortable with that level of tenure and I can accept that position.

I'm definitely on the do what we can to secure Grundy, but I'm highly confident we don't have the apricots for that sort of play. I'd like to squeeze out a player on top of a first rounder for this year, and a future first with a range of picks going back. We need to change our mix now and need to use this as an opportunity to do so.

Do we change the thread heading again?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Was hard to love him after the EOC trade request, which signalled his character. To his credit, somewhat, he didn’t spit the dummy when it couldn’t be done & frankly, he should be grateful we didn’t let him go there.

Fingers crossed we get a good deal and I wish him well post footy, until then, may his career be plagued by shit form, frustration and dissatisfaction.
    This is the key in my view. He's wanted to be the big dog and he's been fine with letting some issues with personnel at the club being purported to be influential in his wanting to leave - but he'd know what it's like at EFC, he'd know what playing with Jesse Stringer is like.

It will be interesting to see what stance the club takes. I wouldn't be surprised if we do use the PSD as leverage to secure a better deal, that Power has stated we're considering our position knowing full well this was coming hopefully suggests we're going to play this one pretty hard.

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do we change the thread heading again?
    Yes. I think Twodogs changed the thread heading to this ridiculous iteration in a flagrant display of authoritarianism.

16. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Hard to compare Dunkley with Bont. Two entirely different characters - one really only about himself; the other loyal as hell. Deep down we all knew Dunks would leave at some stage - it was just a matter of when.

I am not sure the club could have done much more tbh. Maybe guaranteed 100% game time in the middle but still that wouldn’t satisfy him. He needs to be the big wig and that is impossible with the likes of Bont and Macrae only being a year or two older.
    Bont's on 7 figures and is a rolled gold star as well..
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

From the Club

Josh Dunkley statement

Josh Dunkley has today informed the Western Bulldogs Football Club of his desire to be traded to Brisbane.

The 25-year-old was drafted to the Bulldogs in 2015 and was a member of the 2016 premiership team.

“Josh has indicated to the club he is seeking to continue his career in Brisbane,” Bulldogs General Manager – List & Recruiting, Sam Power said.

“Josh has been weighing up this decision for some time and this news is obviously disappointing for the club.

“We believe Josh is at the peak of his powers in a football sense having had a career-best season in 2022, averaging 25 disposals and kicking 18 goals across the campaign.”

“The Club was clearly intent on Josh staying with the Bulldogs, having tabled an attractive contract offer for him to continue with us for the long term.”

Given we have only learned the news this morning, we will take some time to work through the Club’s options leading into the trade period."
    There is nobody on the planet that believes this.
    Let the games begin
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

From the Club

Josh Dunkley statement

“Given we have only learned the news this morning, we will take some time to work through the Club’s options leading into the trade period."
    Is that all rather chilly? I’m ok with it if so. No need to fawn over the guy.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Is that all rather chilly? I’m ok with it if so. No need to fawn over the guy.
    Nah, it's just a statement of facts. I'd say you'll get more colour when a deal is done, and when he's first brought up in an interview during preseason. Then much less when we beat Lions by 90 points in the prelim at the Gabba next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I think Twodogs changed the thread heading to this ridiculous iteration in a flagrant display of authoritarianism.
    We both know full well it was Twodogs who went rogue.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

No need to stroke his ego.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

23. Likes Twodogs liked this post