Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Definitely not a leader, as a leader would look at a problem and help solve rather than run away from it. Or if it was just about the money and status they'd be happy enough admitting it was just about the money and status.

And him not being a leader when push comes to shove is actually OK. Not everyone can be and some will do whatever they need to do to prioritise their perceived self-interest when it suits them.
    Definitely all about the coin. By all accounts he is very much like his old man. Such a shame when you are talking the difference between $700k - $750k. That sort of money at that level doesn't make or break you. Maybe he could learn something of Cameron, Dangerfield and Hawkins at the Cats who were happy to take a hit for the benefit of the team knowing they can still lead a good lifestyle on what they are on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree, its not acceptable here. Given the amount we have put into Dunks - prioritising him over guys like lipinski, McLean, West and Garcia so that he could develop and play his preferred midfield spot. I would get it if we were a basket case and not in his career likely to play in a finalis let alone a GF; I'd get it if we were offering far less than Brisbane. The fact we are not and it smacks of a decision that is all about HIM. The individual. Good riddance I say, but lets not make this easy.
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears Grundy is a cert to go to the Dees if they lose Jackson. Both parties have met all ready. We'd have to move extra fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Definitely all about the coin.
    I doubt this very much.
    Problems at the Bulldogs all year just haven't been resolved.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I’m not very good at this, but surely we can find a way to make it work…

Bulldogs - out Dunkley, current second round pick, current fourth round, future second round pick
    Bulldogs - in Grundy, future first round, future third round (Brisbane)

Brisbane - out pick 15, future first round, future third round
    Brisbane - in Dunkley, second round and fourth round (Bulldogs)

Pies - out Grundy
    Pies - in pick 15, future second round (Bulldogs)
    Well done GD, Jon Ralph thinks Grundy to Melbourne is a very likely scenario and Goodwin confirmed Melbourne believe it can work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of the way Dunkley has handled this and find him cringe in general, however completely writing it off as him being a mercenary/all about his brand is problematic. Forget defending him, but I am us to be as successful as possible.

As cringe as I find Dunkley, one thing I cannot fault is his professionalism. It's really easy and convenient to place all the blame on him but I hope we have taken or take a thorough look at these issues.

8. Likes Grantysghost, Mofra, Topdog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am not a fan of the way Dunkley has handled this and find him cringe in general, however completely writing it off as him being a mercenary/all about his brand is problematic. Forget defending him, but I am us to be as successful as possible.

As cringe as I find Dunkley, one thing I cannot fault is his professionalism. It's really easy and convenient to place all the blame on him but I hope we have taken or take a thorough look at these issues.
    I actually agree qith this 100%, but my only caveat is that does he think any club in the league isn't going to have cokeheads and shitbags?
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get the 'problems at the club' narrative. If that was the case, wouldn't more players be requesting a trade rather than re-signing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    I just don't get the 'problems at the club' narrative. If that was the case, wouldn't more players be requesting a trade rather than re-signing?
    Exactly. It's bullshit. How many out of contract players did we sign this season. Can't be that much of a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I actually agree qith this 100%, but my only caveat is that does he think any club in the league isn't going to have cokeheads and shitbags?
    Totally. I mean we investigate (possibly Gareth Kennnan). Not saying Dunkley is right or wrong but I'd like to know. My feel is that it's somewhere in the grey zone.

He did want to go to Essendon was that makes the culture thing a bit harder to take. Maybe he wanted the coin and has been resentful about missing out. Who knows I guess is my point. I'd like us to know.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually agree with this 100%, but my only caveat is that does he think any club in the league isn't going to have cokeheads and shitbags?
    Nailed it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Exactly. It's bullshit. How many out of contract players did we sign this season. Can't be that much of a problem.
    Maybe the guys signing on are part of the problem. As in they are signing on as life is 'easy'.

I think you are probably (at least) mostly right and Dunkley is probably talking a lot of crap but he is very professional, for the betterment of our club, I hope we have investigated the issues or do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nailed it
    Yes there are but:
    1/ how many?
    2/ how are they managed?
    3/ how those it effect results?

The easy option is to believe Dunkley is a dick. I love that option. I have zero interest in defending him but I am desperate for us to be as successful as possible. Dunkley for all his faults, has been very professional and setting high standards. Way higher than our benchmark this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    So many

Post Thanks / Like

Is it as simple as Dunkley wants to be number one or two in the pecking order? 100% midfield time, no rotating through other positions on the ground.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post