Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So many factors probably involved.

If I was 25 and had the opportunity to go and work up in Brisbane in the beautiful weather as opposed to a grim Melbourne winter at Skinner reserve I’d take it in a heartbeat!

Although would you want to play for Fagan now?
    Melbourne for me, best city.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I wonder where the line of division is, in his view. Him and Treloar, then the rest? .
    It certainly feels this way. I think it is a good thing they are now split. Maybe Treloar can make some more friends.

If there is a split in the playing group then the leaders of the players, ie Bont, Macrae etc need to mend this.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    If you assume there is at least partial truth to what Caro has said on Footy Classified last night then hopefully the club is aware of it and addressing where necessary.

I also think there is an element that Dunks isn’t going to find a team of professional robots at any club, it’s not realistic to have an entire club at his level. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle so if we have guys that need to turn this part of their footy around then hopefully the club is working with them.
    I've gleamed the details from the rest of the thread but c'mon, we need to have standards on this board and assuming someone has bothered to watch Footy Classified and managed to both stay awake and pay attention is a very unfair assumption. If one manages such a feat they should share the details with the class if anything relevant is mentioned.

As for the actual story. It's hard to believe the club was super unprofessional AND a top two team for most of the year AND and Grand Finalist. I think this was the pre-defined story for his initial exit and when he didn't get that figured it was good enough to use again because it paints him in he best light. Is there some truth to it. Almost certainly. It's a football club. That's part of why it's a great excuse. Considering we were willing to lose Jake Stringer over this issue in the past it's hard to believe that the club doesn't try to enforce certain standards though.
    Last edited by hujsh; 21-09-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've gleamed the details from the rest of the thread but c'mon, we need to have standards on this board and assuming someone has bothered to watch Footy Classified and managed to both stay awake and pay attention is a very unfair assumption. If one manages such a feat they should share the details with the class if anything relevant is mentioned.

As for the actual story. It's hard to believe the club was super unprofessional AND a top two team for most of the year AND and Grand Finalist. I think this was the per-defined story for his initial exit and when he didn't get that figured it was good enough to use again because it paints him in he best light. Is there some truth to it. Almost certainly. It's a football club. That's part of why it's a great excuse. Considering we were willing to lose Jake Stringer over this issue in the past it's hard to believe that the club doesn't try to enforce certain standards though.
    Tend to agree re Caro and think the media in general has an axe to grind with Bevo because he stands up to them.

I do also think it would be wrong to completely write it off internally, if it’s baseless then great but worth making sure we are on track. I’m sure the club are doing that regularly but i think instantly dismissing it is just as dangerous as accepting it as fact.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the actual story. It's hard to believe the club was super unprofessional AND a top two team for most of the year AND and Grand Finalist. I think this was the per-defined story for his initial exit and when he didn't get that figured it was good enough to use again because it paints him in he best light. Is there some truth to it. Almost certainly. It's a football club. That's part of why it's a great excuse. Considering we were willing to lose Jake Stringer over this issue in the past it's hard to believe that the club doesn't try to enforce certain standards though.
    Totally agree with you

The clubs head of governance (a friend of mine) is a very experienced lawyer and gets on to issues very quickly. He is a diehard Doggies supporter and will not let anything go. The club is in very good hands administration wise. That is not to say there are issues from time to time that need to be dealt with.

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I've seen Daniher out and about, he was pretty straight edge every time.
    And didn't he live in Daylesford(or somewhere rural) as he wasn't a fan of the big city life?

Seems like a sort of laid back keep to himself sort of dude.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    And didn't he live in Daylesford(or somewhere rural) as he wasn't a fan of the big city life?

Seems like a sort of laid back keep to himself sort of dude.
    Yeah. Not drinking, not getting on the gear as far as I could tell.
    Plenty of guys were famous for getting out and about on it though (and some of those are reformed guys now considered really good blokes)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes chef, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this question doesn't come across insensitive about the current report, nor am I suggesting guilt or otherwise.

Reckon he might review the Port Adelaide offer now?

Or... maybe he may still want to go to QLD and the door for Suns opens?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I hope this question doesn't come across insensitive about the current report, nor am I suggesting guilt or otherwise.

Reckon he might review the Port Adelaide offer now?

Or... maybe he may still want to go to QLD and the door for Suns opens?
    I doubt he changes his mind after the amount of work that goes into it.

It's an interesting discussion point for sure, if Fagan is found to be complicit he can't continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I doubt he changes his mind after the amount of work that goes into it.

It's an interesting discussion point for sure, if Fagan is found to be complicit he can't continue.
    Brisbane considering standing him down until the new AFL investigation is over (via Twitter).

This story is huge. Clarko might lose his north role? Players who agreed to go to north reconsider?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Brisbane considering standing him down until the new AFL investigation is over (via Twitter).

This story is huge. Clarko might lose his north role? Players who agreed to go to north reconsider?
    Wow. It's huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Tend to agree re Caro and think the media in general has an axe to grind with Bevo because he stands up to them.

I do also think it would be wrong to completely write it off internally, if it’s baseless then great but worth making sure we are on track. I’m sure the club are doing that regularly but i think instantly dismissing it is just as dangerous as accepting it as fact.
    The thing is if this is something Dunkley genuinely cares about the club isn't learning it now. internally either they agree and are working on things or disagree and are not. The media learning what Dunkley (still) thinks is unlikely to change whatever is happening internally (or at least it should be)

17. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is if this is something Dunkley genuinely cares about the club isn't learning it now. internally either they agree and are working on things or disagree and are not. The media learning what Dunkley (still) thinks is unlikely to change whatever is happening internally (or at least it should be)
    Don’t disagree with any of that, I was hand expecting something like this to come out post the Dunkley announcement.

Post Thanks / Like

The club's culture may not be for Dunks, and it may not be bad. Maybe it's just a poor fit? If that's the case, it's best for both to part ways.

One bloke saying that others aren't up to his standards (IF he said that, and if that's the case... if it's around training, diet, obsession with footy, podcasts, haircuts...) then that's actually not necessarily either untrue, or a bad thing. It might be true, and it might be a fantastic thing.

Chris Scott was interviewed a few months back and asked about De Goey (I think) and he didn't say they were or weren't interested in him, but also that a team isn't going to be full of "straighty 180s".

A footy club would be a melting pot. Just like most organisations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    The club's culture may not be for Dunks, and it may not be bad. Maybe it's just a poor fit? If that's the case, it's best for both to part ways.

One bloke saying that others aren't up to his standards (IF he said that, and if that's the case... if it's around training, diet, obsession with footy, podcasts, haircuts...) then that's actually not necessarily either untrue, or a bad thing. It might be true, and it might be a fantastic thing.

Chris Scott was interviewed a few months back and asked about De Goey (I think) and he didn't say they were or weren't interested in him, but also that a team isn't going to be full of "straighty 180s".

A footy club would be a melting pot. Just like most organisations.
    If Dunks wants QLD because of his GF, then why isn't GC part of the conversation? Luke Jackson wants to go back to WA and NOT Freo specifically.

If it is culture, then why did Dunks want to go to the Bummers in 2020, knowing why Stringer was traded and ended-up there? And Bris, with their issues with Zorko let alone today's revelations.

If he wants to be the big dog (pardon the pun) in the team, then why go to a side with a pretty formidable midfield group already?

In total, I think the old man has drummed it into the kids to look after yourself, given his experience with the Swans. Thus going where he can get the most coin seems to be the overriding logic. Most people switch jobs for more coin in life, so we can't attack him for that but what he should do is be honest with the fans.

Note how Nathan Brown was welcomed back to the Bulldogs when he eventually said he left for coin to go to Sh1tmond and NOT play in Premierships. Honesty will let you keep the respect you have earned Dunks.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post