Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Isn’t the B&F for players who were on the list this season? I mean… are uncontracted players like Schache there?

Why is it such a big deal he’s there?

2. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, chef, Max469, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's with his two brothers, and Treloar they were kind of hanging separate prior to going in with partners.

I spoke to Marra, I said Dunks is here he said "must be winning it!" but he had no ill will.

It's just supporters really.
    It's the players night not the supporters, the majority of the playing group will be happy to share the night with him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Isn’t the B&F for players who were on the list this season? I mean… are uncontracted players like Schache there?

Why is it such a big deal he’s there?
    It shouldn't be a big deal but I know it's raw for many given the way he dragged it out.
    The saving grace for me is that he was professional right throughout the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley, Gunston & Interested in Bowes. They must have more cash than Neville Bartos!

Going to get interesting on compo and trades now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the Sutton Medal is a player award, but the club exists for the supporters and not the players. The players don't exist without the continuing support of all of the other stakeholders of which supporters are one group.

My view is it's fine him rocking up. I wouldn't have but that's just me.......unless I thought I was going to win and then I'd have definitely rocked up and had a list of sponsors and stylists ready to thank.....with maybe even some time to thank my team mates and coaches, and the club.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I get the Sutton Medal is a player award, but the club exists for the supporters and not the players. The players don't exist without the continuing support of all of the other stakeholders of which supporters are one group.

My view is it's fine him rocking up. I wouldn't have but that's just me.......unless I thought I was going to win and then I'd have definitely rocked up and had a list of sponsors and stylists ready to thank.....with maybe even some time to thank my team mates and coaches, and the club.
    I'd thank my future coach and exonerate him of past present or future crimes he is or may be accused of

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'd thank my future coach and exonerate him of past present or future crimes he is or may be accused of
    I'd gush about basically everything the new club has to offer and future lifestyle with my sister, my GF's family, my best mates partner and everyone but my actual girlfriend.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes hujsh, SonofScray, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dunkley, Gunston & Interested in Bowes. They must have more cash than Neville Bartos!

Sounds like they may have to low-ball Gardiner, with he & McStay gone they could make it work.
    Perhaps 1-2 more traded out for cap space and list spots?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

This is where you shine BT.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At least the Dunkley era is now over. Just need the right trades and we can all move on and live happily ever after.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    At least the Dunkley era is now over. Just need the right trades and we can all move on and live happily ever after.
    That's they way to look at it, if we get a reasonable return we just have to take the next step forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It shouldn't be a big deal but I know it's raw for many given the way he dragged it out.
    The saving grace for me is that he was professional right throughout the year.
    I get that, but really he had no choice. He always wanted a move away and for him to land at the club of his choice he had to everything in his power to make this happen. Good luck to him but certainly won’t miss his type, whom think he is better than playing for our proud club. We deserve better and this is not lost on many. I want players that care and want to play for the club rather than looking at it as purely as a job and what benefits me.

18. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I get that, but really he had no choice. He always wanted a move away and for him to land at the club of his choice he had to everything in his power to make this happen. Good luck to him but certainly won’t miss his type, whom think he is better than playing for our proud club. We deserve better and this is not lost on many. I want players that care and want to play for the club rather than looking at it as purely as a job and what benefits me.
    I see it just a little bit differently and that this year he was as professional as he has been right through his time at the club.
    He's not leaving us for any other reason than it means he will be with his partner near her parents and that it simplifies things for him.

Yes it's a kick to the crotch to lose the player that just won the B&F but we've lost a lot of players over the years and we will find replacements. Bevo got it right last night and it is time for Brisbane to pony up.

20. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No cash here, no cash! Robbo? No cash.

My favourite Aus movie scene other than Dennis Denuto's printer issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Which makes it all the more fortunate, for we WOOFERs, to once again have the benefit of your company as we head into trade season then!

23. Likes GVGjr liked this post