Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I see it just a little bit differently and that this year he was as professional as he has been right through his time at the club.
    He's not leaving us for any other reason than it means he will be with his partner near her parents and that it simplifies things for him.

Yes it's a kick to the crotch to lose the player that just won the B&F but we've lost a lot of players over the years and we will find replacements. Bevo got it right last night and it is time for Brisbane to pony up.
    You keep repeating this and that's fine if you believe that, but I don't buy it at all. I think there's a few things at play here, to say it's purely to make things easier with his partner I think is nonsense.

2. Likes azabob, immortalmike, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    This is where you shine BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Which makes it all the more fortunate, for we WOOFERs, to once again have the benefit of your company as we head into trade season then!
    DeGeoy could be the wild card. Even so, I think Collingwood do a trade as he’s restricted. He’s worth more than Pick 18. Then they can get McStay as an unrestricted FA.

But then Brisbane get compo, but have it reduced or removed with Gunston coming as a FA. So they trade for Gunston for a later to be unused pick or future late pick.

That’s before trading for Dunkley. So they’ve then got 15, 33, 44 & 69. They need end of First Round on McStay, no doubt. Then it’s 15 (or Pick 7 with a Bowes trade to them), 20, 33, 44 & 69.

So they do my trade on Dunkley. Two firsts to us, one pick going back with swaps (along the Shiel trade). But as Jazza points, make the second this year. Assuming no player is involved.

So to dogs Picks 7 or 15, 33 and future first.
    To the lions Picks 29 & 37 and Dunkley

Lions have 20, 29, 37, 44 & 69 = 2,459 Draft Points. But they split these in draft points to get to around 2,700-2,900 which gets Ashcroft. To get Fletcher they need to move on a one ok valued player (not a star). Gardiner going (at second round compo) gets them a good pick with enough Draft Points (circa 360) to be used for Fletcher and salary room to pursue Bowes/Pick 7. Meaning they get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft (Pick 1) and Fletcher (1st Rounder) and no deficit while getting top price for McStay & Gardiner. They win trade week.

Dogs left with 7 or 15, 33, 65 and future first. Pick 33 offered for Lobb. If accepted:

2022: Picks 7 or 15, 11, 65 and Jones & Lobb. Plus any picks for trades out such as Hunter etc. - Perhaps look at DFA’s for some mature players, see Jeff Anderson, Quinton Narkle etc.

2023: First Rounder x 2, Second, Third, Fourth

So I’m watching:

McStay compo. If it’s Pick 20 (Port 19 for Amon), then Gunston is a 100% trade, which it could be. Then watching Hawks take Pick 44, or play harder for their 33. Like the Essendon/Port trade on Monfries to keep compo in tact.

Then Power demanding two firsts, hopefully they get Pick 7. But our picks 29 (for their 33) & 37 are good for their draft points.

If it unfolds that our Picks 29 & 37 are crucial to Brisbane acquiring Gunston and avoiding deficits, then Power will no doubt not even consider anything less than 7/15 and Future First. Hopefully they are reliant on us to acquire our reigning B&F.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 29-09-2022 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Hujsh Amon compo pick up
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You keep repeating this and that's fine if you believe that, but I don't buy it at all. I think there's a few things at play here, to say it's purely to make things easier with his partner I think is nonsense.
    It is a national competition. The BS about home sick, this will make my life easier blah blah is all nonsense. You either leave for more money, you don't get along with anyone at the club or there are no opportunities to get into the team due to over supply of a particular role.

I am sick of hearing the BS by players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes F'scary, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of speculative comments that may have factored into the decision but Bevo's and Dunkleys word is good enough for me.
    Plenty of players have tuned out before their departure and a B&F win confirms Dunkley was at least 100% professional.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It is a national competition. The BS about home sick, this will make my life easier blah blah is all nonsense. You either leave for more money, you don't get along with anyone at the club or there are no opportunities to get into the team due to over supply of a particular role.

I am sick of hearing the BS by players.
    What do you want him to say - I'm sick of the pissheads at the club and my concerns have been ignored?
    I'm not sure we'd want that level of media shitstorm
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimately he's going.

Is he THAT great of a player? Wouldn't have thought so.

If we lost Bont or Naughton, well, I'll be about ready to give up the game. But Dunkley is hardly irreplaceable on OR off the field.

I'm looking forward to getting the trade done and moving forward.
    W00F!

9. Likes 1eyedog, MrMahatma, Twodogs, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of speculative comments that may have factored into the decision but Bevo's and Dunkleys word is good enough for me.
    Plenty of players have tuned out before their departure and a B&F win confirms Dunkley was at least 100% professional.
    Bevo also alluded to the money factor so do you only believe part of what he said?

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo also alluded to the money factor so do you only believe part of what he said?
    He did and mentioned our pay structure kind of too didn't he. Which is maybe why we don't lure in the super big names.

Dunkley is 25, it's going to be the biggest contract of his life, the world is his oyster.

He's done everything right by the Dogs, I honestly felt there was nothing but warmth for him in the room last night.

Sad he's leaving, and of course he's going to stick to script regarding why however I'm at the point and wishing him all the best and moving on.

Jokes aside he really appears to be a quality human.

12. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Ultimately he's going.

Is he THAT great of a player? Wouldn't have thought so.

If we lost Bont or Naughton, well, I'll be about ready to give up the game. But Dunkley is hardly irreplaceable on OR off the field.

I'm looking forward to getting the trade done and moving forward.
    Exactly, Griffen was very close to being or if not our best player when he left and Dunkley is further down the order than Griffen was.

It's time to put some faith in Sam Power and his team to work out a suitable trade for the club.

14. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lions have 20, 29, 37, 44 & 69 = 2,459 Draft Points. But they split these in draft points to get to around 2,700-2,900 which gets Ashcroft. To get Fletcher they need to move on a one ok valued player (not a star). Gardiner going (at second round compo) gets them a good pick with enough Draft Points (circa 360) to be used for Fletcher and salary room to pursue Bowes/Pick 7. Meaning they get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft (Pick 1) and Fletcher (1st Rounder) and no deficit while getting top price for McStay & Gardiner. They win trade week.
    Incorrect. First rule of Trade Week: Bombers always win Trade Week.

At least that's what I hear every year on Channel 7 or reading Robbo or RoCo.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Incorrect. First rule of Trade Week: Bombers always win Trade Week.

At least that's what I hear every year on Channel 7 or reading Robbo or RoCo.
    I think Essendon could very well land Bowes and have picks 4 and 7. They will then match points for the two Davey boys later on and come out genuine trade and draft winners. I really hope I'm wrong here.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, Griffen was very close to being or if not our best player when he left and Dunkley is further down the order than Griffen was.

It's time to put some faith in Sam Power and his team to work out a suitable trade for the club.
    Geelong won the Premiership the year after Gary Ablett Jnr left to the Suns. We have more than enough talent to cover the Dunkley loss. We just need to ensure we get a fair trade.

19. Likes immortalmike, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Geelong won the Premiership the year after Gary Ablett Jnr left to the Suns. We have more than enough talent to cover the Dunkley loss. We just need to ensure we get a fair trade.
    Hawks beat Sydney after trading them Buddy as well right?

21. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Hawks beat Sydney after trading them Buddy as well right?
    Yes. The next year.

West Coast also won in 2018 without Nic Nat and Gaff.

23. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw that Dunkley won b&f. Definitely worth two first round draft picks. He is literally a champion. Hate to see him go but prepared to see him playing for norf rather than accept inadequate compensation.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon