Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The auntie thing was gross.

See what I did there..?

Thanks.
    I'm here every night. Two shows on the weekend. Try the fish!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So you're saying that the extra money he'll be getting is 50k per year more than we offered?
    Let's say our offer is $650K p.a. gross, across six years that's $3.9M. Take out tax and that's $1.95M net.

Brisbane's offer is $750K p.a. gross, across six years that's $4.5M. Take out tax and that's $2.25M net.

The gross difference p.a. is $100K, net is $50K p.a., but as Mof states only if you're cursed by a shitty accountant.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Just so I'm clear, are you comparing a net figure with a gross figure?
    Yes out of laziness to calculate PAYG amounts as I was on my phone. But the point is valid, when you are earning that much, how you invest and how you spend your money is a bigger factor than the extra amount he could earn. There is no way I’m leaving somewhere I even remotely like for that much extra per year, but understands everyone’s circumstances are very different.

Also, it’s very hard to dodge the system no matter how good your accountant is if you are earning PAYG income. He would also have other steams of revenue in sponsorship and appearances fees, which again dilutes the additional salary amount further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Yes out of laziness to calculate PAYG amounts as I was on my phone. But the point is valid, when you are earning that much, how your invest and how you spend you money is a bigger factor than the extra amount he could earn. There is no way I’m leaving somewhere I even remotely like for that much extra per year, but understands everyone’s circumstances are very different.

Also, it’s very hard to dodge the system no matter how good your accountant is if you are earning PAYG income. He would also have other steams of revenue in sponsorship and appearances fees, which again dilutes the additional salary amount further.
    I think for ten per cent I agree with you, but when you start talking 20% it gets a bit more tasty. Especially when your major earning years are likely going to be in the first 30% of your working life.

Anyway, it wasn't a decision about money. He wanted to be closer to his sister, his best mate's partner and child, and his partner's family.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after tax.

Bulldogs offer @ $650K is nett $374K

Lions offer @ $750K (worst case result as reports are $700 to $750K) is $427K

The difference is 14%.

(In my line of work if someone left every time they were offered 14% more there would be no one left).

Post Thanks / Like

I think for ten per cent I agree with you, but when you start talking 20% it gets a bit more tasty. Especially when your major earning years are likely going to be in the first 30% of your working life.

Anyway, it wasn't a decision about money. He wanted to be closer to his sister, his best mate's partner and child, and his partner's family.
    Definitely had nothing to do with the Bulldogs.

He loved us.

Pretty much said if you see him and show your membership you can crash at his second house.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

50% extra to his stylist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    50% extra to his stylist.
    Still not enough
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

In that order.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4EC8D9A4-3D66-498F-B35E-1026028A67BF.jpeg

This was on Trade Radio earlier. What do people think of this? I’m still not convinced that we need Lobb but hey.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

This was on Trade Radio earlier. What do people think of this? I’m still not convinced that we need Lobb but hey.
    I want more.
    I'd rather we separate the deals - 2022 & 2023 first from Brissie for Dunkley, with late 2022 picks going back to the Lions.

Lobb for our second rounder. I'd rather not, but he's contracted so we have to pony up. May even need to add a future pick to the deal.
    Bruce went for a 2nd & a 3rd
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Basically the same cost we paid for Bruce. It’s a on the higher side. But I could live with it.

Dunkley for less than two first rounders is unacceptable. Unless there’s a player traded to us from Brisbane to cover the future pick only being second round.

Edit: Mof beat me to the punch. What he said!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It sort of works but we aren't getting a decent return for Dunkley.

If Brisbane work hard and get pick 7 for us it creates some opportunities.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Not tonight, Josephine. So begins the media's irritating but predictable underrating of our players at the trade table.

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on exactly how Brisbane are going to get the draft points they need while still offering us something suitable for Dunkley? So far as I can see pick swapping won't get them there and they need to let go of at least one quality player, has anyone seen any reporting on who that might be? We can't become the victim of their problems.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Id want 7 and 15 this year for Dunkley. Bris don’t need them so it makes sense.

I’ll be disappointed with anything else.
    I will never see #16 the same!!