Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    How's that going to work if they are trading based on selections in the 2023 draft?

I'm curious as to how they are going to do all of this.
    Trade out their 2023 first, let the deficit apply to their picks after that.
    Dunkley and their two first rounders this year is an incredible haul.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you compare the stats of Dunkley and Taranto, plus reports that the out of contract Taranto will be traded for picks 12 and 19, it is pretty clear that is the minimum we should be getting for our reigning best and fairest.

I see pick 15 this year and a future 1st for Dunkley and some late picks as the most likely scenario. If we can manage to get 7 instead of 15 then I think we have to give up more in the late picks.

I have full confidence that Power won't be pushed into accepting one future 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    When you compare the stats of Dunkley and Taranto, plus reports that the out of contract Taranto will be traded for picks 12 and 19, it is pretty clear that is the minimum we should be getting for our reigning best and fairest.

I see pick 15 this year and a future 1st for Dunkley and some late picks as the most likely scenario. If we can manage to get 7 instead of 15 then I think we have to give up more in the late picks.

I have full confidence that Power won't be pushed into accepting one future 1st.
    Dunks stacks up well against Taranto. Different types of mids but both
    right up there in the top tier. Taranto kicks the ball longer and/or runs with it more. But Dunks has the inside game and the forward role option.
    DunksTaranto.JPG
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

So … what if Brisbane offer $450K of the Jack Bowes salary (meaning we pay $400K). We get Bowes, pick 7, and Brisbane sweeten the deal with 2023 round one pick. Gold Coast get their salary dump, we get two first rounders, Brisbane get Dunkley. Would that work?
    WOOF Member 422

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    So … what if Brisbane offer $450K of the Jack Bowes salary (meaning we pay $400K). We get Bowes, pick 7, and Brisbane sweeten the deal with 2023 round one pick. Gold Coast get their salary dump, we get two first rounders, Brisbane get Dunkley. Would that work?
    Supposedly Bowes wants the Geelong mafia lifestyle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

And the Club should be willing to not trade if we are not sufficiently compensated. If that means he goes in the draft and ends up at Norf versus staying put with us that is his choice but the club can't be taken advantage of because another club says they don't have the capital.

Also, great examples of other trades that have transpired over the years but there are the ones as well where the Club knows they are being shafted but accepts it because they will get nothing back in return. Case in point Swans losing Dawson to the Crows last year. We are lucky as Bris finished higher up the ladder but if "lifestyle" is the reason for Bris then maybe GC could come in and swoop on Dunks if in the draft (should they have sorted out their current Salary cap mess).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just out of curiosity if we did push him to the PSD and Essendon got him would that still be okay?
    If Brisbane don't deal in good faith with an adequate trade, Dunkley can go to the PSD and whoever takes him there.

For us a move to Brisbane needs to enable us to improve or we just make a prime rival stronger at our expense.

Happy for him to go there with the right deal, but without it we should NOT deal.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

What about the compensation for McStay - should help Brisbane.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What about the compensation for McStay - should help Brisbane.
    It will plus there might be some other player movements. Tom Berry to GC is likely as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    If Brisbane don't deal in good faith with an adequate trade, Dunkley can go to the PSD and whoever takes him there.

For us a move to Brisbane needs to enable us to improve or we just make a prime rival stronger at our expense.

Happy for him to go there with the right deal, but without it we should NOT deal.
    Yep. As Bevo said Brisbane have to pony up. Gotta love Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Given we are open to rolling in a player into the Dunkley trade I wonder if any of these names have some appeal for us?

Lohmann, Robertson or Payne?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we change this thread name again? Something like "We never really wanted Dunkley to stay anyway. Who needs him?"

Or "The Dunkley Pony Show" in honor of Bevo's speech?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Can we change this thread name again? Something like "We never really wanted Dunkley to stay anyway. Who needs him?"

Or "The Dunkley Pony Show" in honor of Bevo's speech?
    How about, "Trade Dunkley"?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How about, "Trade Dunkley"?
    That's silly. Who'd name a thread something silly like that? Please suggest something serious like the Royal Dunkley Pony Show.

Post Thanks / Like

Some woeful suggestions (I’m sleep deprived):

Here’s an apparently true Napoleon quote from one of his love letters to Josephine:
    “You are wicked and naughty, very naughty” (smacks of Dick Emery)

And for Smiths fans “Frankly Mr Dunkley (the position we’re in)”

And Clark Gable morphing into Tom Cruise “Frankly my Dunkley, we don’t give a damn (just show us the round 1 picks)”

Dunkley will surely not want to play for North, WC or Bummers. If no deal can be struck with Lions and seeing as Dunkley has publicly stated he has enjoyed his time at our club and will miss his team mates then he plays another year with us taking him to FA and a reasonably high round 1 pick for us. Lions know this. I reckon Powers death stare will make them blink and go into 2023 defici so we end up with two round 1 picks.
    Last edited by josie; 04-10-2022 at 02:02 PM.

19. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post