Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I think these are all conversations we need to have because it's clear our mix is not right, particularly v the best sides who consistently hurt us on the spread away from stoppage.

Hard calls will need to be made, be it in a list/trade capacity or selection. I just think Libba (love him) and Lipinski are most vulnerable for varying reasons (Libbas knee history has hurt us and him).

Who's potentially available from opposition clubs?
    Baaaaahahaha, if you think I've thought that far ahead TBB you're giving me way to much credit!

In honesty, that was the major thing almost stopping me from posting this in the first place.

I immediately think about GWS and gold coast, and even Brisbane when thinking about this. None of them have anyone of Dunkley's stature and have all been exposed over time inside against the best sides.

Additionally, if we don't make a change now we're even more exposed if Libba does fall over.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite, Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't need to trade Dunks to get serious quality. We just have to convince Zac Williams to come to the kennel as a free agent. He is exactly the type of player we need to compliment what we already have.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We don't need to trade Dunks to get serious quality. We just have to convince Zac Williams to come to the kennel as a free agent. He is exactly the type of player we need to compliment what we already have.
    Good idea.

I'd love him at the club but I wouldn't be putting all eggs in the basket to see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Good idea.

I'd love him at the club but I wouldn't be putting all eggs in the basket to see it happening.
    I'd be going all chips in. We just need to cut deeper from the list than we have done previously, I reckon we have the cap space to make it happen. GWS will have to pay top dollar to hold onto Jeremy Cameron at the end of this year - their salary cap is still bursting at the seams.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be going all chips in. We just need to cut deeper from the list than we have done previously, I reckon we have the cap space to make it happen. GWS will have to pay top dollar to hold onto Jeremy Cameron at the end of this year - their salary cap is still bursting at the seams.
    We need to sign Bont long term and then focus on Smith.

Who knows, maybe Jacko leaves for a massive massive deal elsewhere. I guess we'll never know whether this is possible because nobody has gone to the effort of making a contract thread sticky on this site so it's hard to know who's out of contract and who isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

It all comes down to what is available and who's in the market for a Dunks type player.

Libba's got 2 - 3 years left in him. Dunks can play Libba's role but who have we got coming through? Mostly outside types however I'm yet to see what Garcia is like. Stick Rhylee West in Lloyd's place and we are automatically a better team.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really think Dunks will have top class currency? Yes he is a powerful inside mid, but he is a not a great kick and a bit one paced. I think we would get a 2nd rounder at best.

re changing the midfield, we do need more pace in there, but guys like that are rare and not easy to pry away from opposition teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    It all comes down to what is available and who's in the market for a Dunks type player.

Libba's got 2 - 3 years left in him. Dunks can play Libba's role but who have we got coming through? Mostly outside types however I'm yet to see what Garcia is like. Stick Rhylee West in Lloyd's place and we are automatically a better team.
    I actually agree with this. West is one who really impressed me with the games he played this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Not for mine. We've moved on enough talent in recent history already & with the lost profile age wise, we probably need to keep players like him around to actually end up good quality, experienced, wise old heads.

It's a lever to pull, no doubt. But I'm not sure. He is very capable. Would add more to the opposition than what we get in return.

Perhaps we tweak how the game plan utilises the talent we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t ever trade players that are good, happy and don’t want to leave.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes SonofScray, Max469, Bullies, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What we need to do this offseason is something similar to what the saints did last year. Bring in some experience and then go after even fringe players at other clubs that fill a position of need. If we have to give up some talent then so be it. This list has stagnated and needs a bit of a spring clean. Target a small-pressure forward, a gorilla defender and someone with some pace. Then recruit some sort of experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Don’t ever trade players that are good, happy and don’t want to leave.
    Yeah, trading Dunkley ain't it chief. Especially when he's best mates with our captain.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am dreaming, but I would love to get Kelly. He would ideally compliment Bont and Macrae.

Zac would be more gettable and also fit in, but he will need big dollars as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m basing this on absolutely nothing but I’m getting the vibe that a few guys from GWS are really gettable. The contract freeze is over (I think based on that Charlie Cameron extension) but they have a ton of talent out of contract with no news on any re-ups.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’m basing this on absolutely nothing but I’m getting the vibe that a few guys from GWS are really gettable. The contract freeze is over (I think based on that Charlie Cameron extension) but they have a ton of talent out of contract with no news on any re-ups.
    Who else is there that can't get a game, but is worth chasing?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.