Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley? Not tonight Josephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You want to be quick on your feet down at the nets.
    Probably not that quick given who you've drawn.

I actually boxed last night for the second time in a month and I can't move sideways anymore.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You'll hear from my lawyers in the morning. Yarraville nets type lawyers!
    I'd had enough, clearly. You let the power go to your head and if it needs to be knocked out at the nets then Happy Days has a desk set up there and can sort it out for you.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Probably not that quick given who you've drawn.

I actually boxed last night for the second time in a month and I can't move sideways anymore.
    Heh!

A week or so ago I went down to the Yarraville nets poor relation, the Kingsville nets with my son, a cricket bat and a cricket ball. He faced up and I threw up a couple of big looping leg spinners that he promptly dispatched over my head (he's got an eye like a dead fish) but then I got him middle and leg with an arm ball that went between the gap he left between bad and pad. It felt bloody good but I couldn't move any of the body parts beneath my eyes the next day.

It was probably the jumping around and punching the air or the two victory laps I ran around the nets more than anything else.

It was well worth it though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes Bulldog Revolution, josie, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

How does Brisbane downgrading pick 15 to 21 factor in for us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    How does Brisbane downgrading pick 15 to 21 factor in for us?
    On paper it's not doing much unless we are happy for 2023 compensation.
    Brisbane can now trade a F1 and F2 and maybe something else.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Something probably still gets done but could Dunkley not have chosen ANY other side?

It's like he didn't learn a thing from two years ago.

Not sure it's great advice via his player manager either.

Different if he was happy to go to GC too, but he's not.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to think did we burn Brisbane in dealing with them when trading Adams and Schache?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Trying to think did we burn Brisbane in dealing with them when trading Adams and Schache?
    Doubt it. I'd think they're pretty happy with both deals right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It’s really disappointing that the entire decision on destination rests with the player. There should be an element of the club finding the best deal and the player needing to compromise.

Question - what happens if he goes to the PSD? Can he set a contract value to filter other clubs out, could the dogs select him again before brisbane?

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I don't think so, both of them were fair deals.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    It’s really disappointing that the entire decision on destination rests with the player. There should be an element of the club finding the best deal and the player needing to compromise.

Question - what happens if he goes to the PSD? Can he set a contract value to filter other clubs out, could the dogs select him again before brisbane?
    Pretty sure he can nominate for the ND draft with a price on his head. But North and could pay it easily in the PSD. A handful of clubs could offer it in the ND too.

Dunkley is stuffed if Brisbane don't get the deal done. He comes back to us, or he ends up anywhere. He picked them, they came out and accepted it. They will be pay up. It's not desperate yet by a long shot, but i'd love to know what our demands are. Like, tonight in the press.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pretty sure he can nominate for the ND draft with a price on his head. But North and could pay it easily in the PSD. A handful of clubs could offer it in the ND too.

Dunkley is stuffed if Brisbane don't get the deal done. He comes back to us, or he ends up anywhere. He picked them, they came out and accepted it. They will be pay up. It's not desperate yet by a long shot, but i'd love to know what our demands are. Like, tonight in the press.
    That said - is the pressure on Brisbane to get the deal done or on us to accept something “because he is leaving anyway”?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    That said - is the pressure on Brisbane to get the deal done or on us to accept something “because he is leaving anyway”?
    I say on them. They no doubt think they can do better than this year (GF or Premier) with Dunkley, Gunston & at least Ashcroft likely in their best 23 by the end of the season. They've got the plan to go a week further in 2023. So I think they're focused on how to make that a reality.

A future Pick 15-18, versus, trying to get him to stay after nothing happens or let North grab him isn't a big thing to me. I'd gamble the pick on standing our ground and talking him out of North.

I still think this absolutely gets done. Brisbane are putting up $750,000 X 6 years. They think he's making a huge difference to their fortunes. So when it comes to it, they're going to have to put up a good player we want, or risk blowing up the opportunity to advance in 2023.

Both have something to lose. I'd say Brisbane have more to lose since they think Dunkley is a crucial trade in to their fortunes. That's why they get it done. The radio silence might just be down to medicals done on the quiet. But I'd like to hear what we are demanding.

17. Likes josie, Swoop, AshMac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think teams typically put each other over a barrel on trading. I mean, there's a decent chance we'll get unders, but not a total rip off/bargain. That only happens when the club is driving the trade (EG: Treloar, or Stringer).

Post Thanks / Like

How do people feel about waiting an extra year for a shiny new toy?

If there are two picks in the deal im keen for at least one this year just think this group can kick hard off a freshen up and a good vibe that new recruits can provide.