Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    How do people feel about waiting an extra year for a shiny new toy?

If there are two picks in the deal im keen for at least one this year just think this group can kick hard off a freshen up and a good vibe that new recruits can provide.
    Yeah there's value in that for sure. 2 firsts this year would be a good injection (and 2 next in a super draft as well)

Post Thanks / Like

If there are two picks in the deal im keen for at least one this year just think this group can kick hard off a freshen up and a good vibe that new recruits can provide.
    Whose to say we don’t trade it for a player (not reported about) this year?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got to get something in return for next season otherwise, IMO, it's a fail. So many good teams going so hard to make themselves better, Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Brisbane have already shown their intent. We seem to be content losing players and don't seem to have any targets or any fires in the oven apart from some Salvo store specials.

Post Thanks / Like

We will bring in a player with our first round pick and Power prepared us by saying he was open to a few scenario's.
    My preference is to get a few players in now but it might not play out that way.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we’ve got Jones. We might get in Lobb. Unless we get another best 18 or so KPD or small fwd, I’d say we go to draft with any pick in the top 30 or so. I’m not massively in the “we need to get someone this year” vibe, noting that our drafting is usually pretty good in the first round and most of our good players were first rounders.

8. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We've got to get something in return for next season otherwise, IMO, it's a fail. So many good teams going so hard to make themselves better, Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood, Brisbane have already shown their intent. We seem to be content losing players and don't seem to have any targets or any fires in the oven apart from some Salvo store specials.
    Players need to want to come to our club, and they just don’t for whatever reason.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just been reading not posting a lot on the trade threads. Will be fascinating how it plays out.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

11. Likes EasternWest, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see how Brisbane have the capital available after trading pick 15 for a future second rounder. If Taranto is worth two single digit picks, Dunkley is worth much more. Let it go to the pre … our contract is still on the table Josh. You’re welcome to stay.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I’ve just been reading not posting a lot on the trade threads. Will be fascinating how it plays out.
    I’ve been wondering today how the Lions can get picks off the Giants to give to us - they seem to have a swag of early picks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Players need to want to come to our club, and they just don’t for whatever reason.
    Lobb, Jones do
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What happens to Brisbane's future first round pick if Brisbane end up in points deficit after matching bids on Ashcroft and the other f/s (Fletcher?)? Is it pushed back and if so how far? And if we end up with their future first pick for Dunks, is it locked because we now hold it? I doubt that to be the case so what guarantees do we have that if we accept their future first that they have the points currency to be able to cover any bids on their F/S kids? My concern is if we accept any future picks with Brisbane now with a week remaining in the trade window, Brisbane go and trade away their picks haphazardly this year ,knowing it wont affect them because we hold their picks and we get pushed back the order next year not them.

Did that make any sense or am I just delirious because I can't sleep right now?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb and Jones are 2 who wanted to come here but I get your point DG.

Are we being proactive in recruiting or just waiting and see how things fall into place? I know we don't know much as our club gives nothing away. It would be nice to hear nothing but silence once in a while. I'm very concerned how our trade period is going right now. We're losing 3 of our premiership players and 2 of those are F/S for what seems like a couple of magic beans.

17. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lobb, Jones do
    Not guys in their prime are they .
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    What happens to Brisbane's future first round pick if Brisbane end up in points deficit after matching bids on Ashcroft and the other f/s (Fletcher?)? Is it pushed back and if so how far? And if we end up with their future first pick for Dunks, is it locked because we now hold it? I doubt that to be the case so what guarantees do we have that if we accept their future first that they have the points currency to be able to cover any bids on their F/S kids? My concern is if we accept any future picks with Brisbane now with a week remaining in the trade window, Brisbane go and trade away their picks haphazardly this year ,knowing it wont affect them because we hold their picks and we get pushed back the order next year not them.

Did that make any sense or am I just delirious because I can't sleep right now?
    They can go into deficit to around 700 points or around pick 27.
    If they trade that future 1st pick nothing happens to it as it's no longer theirs and the deficit is applied to other selections.

20. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how we fix that and perhaps the redevelopment of the WO might help.
    Either way if we aren't perceived as a destination club in the eyes of good players in the prime of their careers then we need to be a club that has a great development program and become a club that focuses more on the draft and lower end trades.

One of the challenges is that we haven't been a successful club over an extended period ie after our successes in 2015 and 2016 we couldn't back up the flag in 2017/18 and lost momentum. The same this year after a very impressive 2021.

We are a well run club and 50K members means we are growing the membership base and we now just need to improve or on-field performances in what is a very competitive competition.

22. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post