Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sam Edmund is reporting that there is a real standoff between Ambrogio and Power and given the trades yesterday there has been no progress made.
    Power said to be considering not doing a trade with Lions.

We were reluctantly resigned to losing him for the two first rounders this year and next but the Lions wanted our 2nd and 3rd round picks this year back in that scenario.

More to play out here.
    Good news. The club is holding firm. Let fear get into Dunkley and his manager and see where their pressure for the trade lands with Brisbane. Go on, bet that Sam Power is bluffing Ambrogio.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks GVGjr, F'scary thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good news. The club is holding firm. Let fear get into Dunkley and his manager and see where their pressure for the trade lands with Brisbane. Go on, bet that Sam Power is bluffing Ambrogio.
    We apparently met last night and decided we won't budge and we are not opposed to drafting Dunkley in the PSD ahead of the Lions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for the club to play serious hardball with the Dunkley trade. If we get nothing so be it. But they are offering up serious rubbish at the moment. They knew their position and committed to Dunkley. I have no idea how they thought they were going to get this done.

8. Likes josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good move to ratchet up the media pressure.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We apparently met last night and decided we won't budge and we are no opposed to drafting Dunkley ahead of the Lions.
    Great response by the club. Brisbane get serious, or get nothing. I'm happy with that as our position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good move to ratchet up the media pressure.
    The volume got cranked up no doubt.

Pickering and Dunkley will need to apply some pressure here.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Wanting our 2nd and 3rd rounders back when we still are expecting to trade for Lobb is especially rich. Given we're willing to be reasonable and take what they have (had) despite being less than what we think is fair it's a slap in the face.

C'mon GWS you know you want him. Offload Whitfield somewhere for cap space and send us some juicy picks for the Dunk Trunk

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, he hasn't requested the Suns but could we deal with them? I know he has to sign, but if it's Suns or PSD and maybe North, surely he'd do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance Dunkley just signs on for next year with us.

He then gets to be the prime free agent for 2023 and lots of Brand Dunkley exposure.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Likes Bulldog4life, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'Not going anywhere': Lions won't let former No.1 pick go

One man that Lions football manager Danny Daly said was not up for grabs was former No.1 pick Cam Rayner.

Daly said both he and list manager Dom Ambrogio had repeatedly spoken to Rayner in the past two weeks to convince the 22-year-old they had no intention of even entertaining a move after reports speculating it was something the club should look into.

"We haven't spoken to anyone about it because he loves this footy club, we love him, he's not going anywhere," Daly said.

"In fact, we're getting his brother up to play in our VFL team hopefully next year.

"We've got high hopes for Cam coming off a year with his knee surgery. We feel he can go to another level next year and be a really important player for us.

"He's not going anywhere. I can end that speculation right now."

Daly said after Brisbane had spent the early part of Trade Period splitting picks to gather more points ahead of the draft, the Lions would soon move on to acquiring Hawk Jack Gunston and Bulldog Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Any chance Dunkley just signs on for next year with us.

He then gets to be the prime free agent for 2023 and lots of Brand Dunkley exposure.
    A great man already floated this idea and got no traction.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I mean, he hasn't requested the Suns but could we deal with them? I know he has to sign, but if it's Suns or PSD and maybe North, surely he'd do it?
    Firstly he had to agree to go to Gold Coast, secondly do they even have the cap space?

If this is true this is a disaster. To lose Dunkley for nothing would be an absolute disgrace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    'Not going anywhere': Lions won't let former No.1 pick go

One man that Lions football manager Danny Daly said was not up for grabs was former No.1 pick Cam Rayner.

Daly said both he and list manager Dom Ambrogio had repeatedly spoken to Rayner in the past two weeks to convince the 22-year-old they had no intention of even entertaining a move after reports speculating it was something the club should look into.

"We haven't spoken to anyone about it because he loves this footy club, we love him, he's not going anywhere," Daly said.

"In fact, we're getting his brother up to play in our VFL team hopefully next year.

"We've got high hopes for Cam coming off a year with his knee surgery. We feel he can go to another level next year and be a really important player for us.

"He's not going anywhere. I can end that speculation right now."

Daly said after Brisbane had spent the early part of Trade Period splitting picks to gather more points ahead of the draft, the Lions would soon move on to acquiring Hawk Jack Gunston and Bulldog Dunkley.
    I like this response as it sows the seed to get Rayner as part of the Dunkley deal.

His brother can then stay home and play for Footscray.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

21. Likes hujsh, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they involve a player Lohman looks a more likely target. I could live with a future first, Lohman and a second or future second.