Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

I'm pretty confident in Sam's ability to navigate this. He's earned his stripes since taking on the role, and I've no reason to suspect he's going to get us caught out here.

Brisbane are not engaging in good faith negotiations and their lack of professionalism in ensuring they were adequately prepared to
    pay the bill, despite knowing full well all year they needed to factor in the capital required to bit on two father/son's.

I'd be hoping Josh's manager is pretty p1ssed at Brisbane's opening ambit claim and moves.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If Dunkley was going to an also-ran, I'd look to deal for unders.

For a side that will legitimately challenge next year? We absolutely should hold firm.
    They'd also have better picks to offer. Their unders would be closer to Brisbane's best offer

4. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Sam has asked the questioned on Cam Rayner with the lions coming out he is going no where?

6. Likes Mofra, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'd be hoping Josh's manager is pretty p1ssed at Brisbane's opening ambit claim and moves.
    Pickers works for SEN who broke the tory (via Edmund).
    He's absolutely pissed otherwise the issue never sees the light of day
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I'm guessing Sam has asked the questioned on Cam Rayner with the lions coming out he is going no where?
    100%
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes kruder, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't know if Lions are just playing a game and trying it on, but their complete incompetence is mind boggling. They traded out pick 15 yesterday with the knowledge they should have given that to us.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. The only way now is they have to trade out someone good and either we are interested, or they open the market and get back a pick in first round.

I am sure Power and the club are not going to bend on this.
    This is why I think Bris had no intention of using pick 15 in the Dunkley deal.
    I just can’t see us getting anything than their future first and a non best 26 player
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty confident in Sam's ability to navigate this. He's earned his stripes since taking on the role, and I've no reason to suspect he's going to get us caught out here.

Brisbane are not engaging in good faith negotiations and their lack of professionalism in ensuring they were adequately prepared to
    pay the bill, despite knowing full well all year they needed to factor in the capital required to bit on two father/son's.

Furthermore they said they will concentrate firstly on Gunston THEN Dunkley. Maybe they are taking Bevo's good will towards Dunkley as a weakness. Wrong. Pony up or shut up.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, there is still plenty of time for something decent to shake loose.
    It's up to Dunks manager to apply some pressure here because they don't want to have to wait until the PSD so see where he lands.

No problems if the club becomes stubborn shits here. Brisbane want a special player and we believe they should pony up so we can't give a premiership contending team a free hit here.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    100%
    Love the idea of a best 22 player to be included in the deal either directly or indirectly. Just wonder the fact Josh having made his mind up late has hurt us because its hard to get a player to commit prior by saying we need you if Josh goes etc.

Having 2 first rounders either this year or next plus a best 22 player is probably the best outcome for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard Silvangi say Dunks is worth up to pick 10 in a trade. He went on to say late first rounders are not nearly worth as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Heard Silvangi say Dunks is worth up to pick 10 in a trade. He went on to say late first rounders are not nearly worth as much.
    Definitely.

I have thought from the get go there's no way the Lions can pay for this deal.

Nothing has changed my mind.

How Dunkley and his management could look at their draft hand, the father sons coming in and other players like Gunstan and believe they had the capital is beyond me.

Can't be that stupid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Definitely.

I have thought from the get go there's no way the Lions can pay for this deal.

Nothing has changed my mind.

How Dunkley and his management could look at their draft hand, the father sons coming in and other players like Gunstan and believe they had the capital is beyond me.

Can't be that stupid?
    Stupidity or over confidence ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yes.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dunks is very narrow in his thoughts. Not having a go at him, it can be a great thing in terms of professionalism and effort, however anything a bit abstract is not his forte.

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Over stupidity.

22. Likes Twodogs liked this post