Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Dunkley would look good in a Suns jumper...
    Rankine > Pick 5 and extra pick > Dunkley…

Even generous to take a salary dump in Collins out of the goodness of my heart…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Mofra, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Still almost certain a deal gets done, but this just again highlights that Josh Dunkley's decision making is questionable at best.

He's chosen the worst club to go to given their situation/commitment to F/S prospects - regardless of any promises Brisbane have made. His manager is to blame, too.

The more I think about it, the more I absolutely despise the AFL trading system. You should be able to nominate a state, and have a preference of a club, but that's it.

There's still a lot of ways this trade gets done but it looks likely to need the involvement of other clubs.

If it's a pure Brisbane/Dogs deal, we should be looking at something like 2022 R2 (early pick), 2023 FR and Lohmann/Wilmott.
    It's what happens when you get honeydicked into making a decision to live with your girlfriend......oh wait, sorry, get some type of honey'd or dicked into making a decision to live near your sister, your best mate's partner and child, and your girlfriend's family.

You think with your honey and not your head.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's what happens when you get honeydicked into making a decision to live with your girlfriend......oh wait, sorry, get some type of honey'd or dicked into making a decision to live near your sister, your best mate's partner and child, and your girlfriend's family.

Worked out ok for Jayden Schofield.

Oh wait...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I'm loving your doggedness with this ridiculous scenario.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Worked out ok for Jayden Schofield.

Oh wait...
    Blessed little scamp he was.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm loving your doggedness with this ridiculous scenario.
    Ha. It's a world of fun to me to think about when in reality he's probably just wanting to get away from his dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Would any of you honestly be happy if we got nothing for Dunkley? Sometimes there are battles you cannot win and you just need to move on. This instance is one of them, if we're posturing and it makes us get a better deal (which I suspect) great if we're serious the damage of this will last for a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I've posted on this point before.

I think choosing a 'lane' and sticking to it would really help with regards to club facilities.

You can't have 'everthing'. Well, West Coast can. And Adelaide can. But not too many others. The 'big' Melbourne clubs (except Essendon) are space restricted due to their location/age of their facilities...us? We're in the western suburbs and whilst I would happily argue the merits of living on 'this side' of the city, reality is most Melbourne based recruits are 'from' the other side of the city...so they prob want to live there which makes the commute a challenge etc.

Choose a lane. Over invest in one thing. Medical, rehab (cryo etc), whatever...make 'something' we do best of breed WITHOUT question. Give players a really compelling reason to select 'US'. You wont get everyone, but if you are trying to compete against Collingwood in every category and they have the "Well, we play in front of 80K + 6x per year minimum" card in their back-pocket...we are going to lose.

Other than that, you are left trying to overpay to attract/retain talent and it is never going to work.
    I'm not re. the otherside of town factor, I mean maybe but Bob Murphy lived in Carlton and then Thornbury throughout his reign with us. Dane Swan lived in Williamstown for a while and while the go home factor may be a thing many young players take up residence all over the country in year one and many stay and become one club players. Living in Prahran and working in Footscray should not be an issue.

The product I'd like to sell is the very thing that Hawthorn isn't, the family club, or something similar. I want parents to be happy for their kids to go to the Bulldogs who have a pretty good record (10 year pedophile ring in the 80s excluded) rather than the likes of Collingwood / Richmond / Essendon who appear from the outside to be constantly up to their eyeballs in turmoil. If we can develop relationships with parents built on trust I think, because parents are so influencual in their childrens lives i.e. Dunks for instance), we have a good chance of luring young players in and turning them into one club players.

Dal used to be really good with this and I think BMac did too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Would any of you honestly be happy if we got nothing for Dunkley? Sometimes there are battles you cannot win and you just need to move on. This instance is one of them, if we're posturing and it makes us get a better deal (which I suspect) great if we're serious the damage of this will last for a very long time.
    I wouldn't be happy. But I just don't think now is the time to be chewing our nails about this. I am confident that Sam and the team have a strategy. They're not oblivious to the situation, and in fact have probably planned a number of scenarios.
    I think they're very serious about ensuring Brisbane pay as close to market value as possible. This isn't all on us either.

If I'm Dunkley, and I've agreed to their offer, then I've got to be aware that its up to Brisbane to make that deal happen.
    They can't offer him a huge 6 year contract, publicly comment about how much they want him... and then just not even try to facilitate a deal that is by any stretch fair.

I think we're very serious about re-drafting him if his designated club doesn't pony up a decent offer. I actually hope that's the outcome to be honest. I don't want to make Brisbane better, and a 1 yr extension would get Dunkley to free agency.

14. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    'Not going anywhere': Lions won't let former No.1 pick go

One man that Lions football manager Danny Daly said was not up for grabs was former No.1 pick Cam Rayner.

Daly said both he and list manager Dom Ambrogio had repeatedly spoken to Rayner in the past two weeks to convince the 22-year-old they had no intention of even entertaining a move after reports speculating it was something the club should look into.

"We haven't spoken to anyone about it because he loves this footy club, we love him, he's not going anywhere," Daly said.

"In fact, we're getting his brother up to play in our VFL team hopefully next year.

"We've got high hopes for Cam coming off a year with his knee surgery. We feel he can go to another level next year and be a really important player for us.

"He's not going anywhere. I can end that speculation right now."

Daly said after Brisbane had spent the early part of Trade Period splitting picks to gather more points ahead of the draft, the Lions would soon move on to acquiring Hawk Jack Gunston and Bulldog Dunkley.
    We just need Rayner to say he wants to come home to Taylors Lake. Trade sorted. I'd do 1 for 1 keep your picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Taranto two first round picks and is not as good a players as Dunks

Player Statistics Comparison
    Josh Dunkley Name Tim Taranto
    Western Bulldogs Team GWS Giants
    Midfield, Forward Position Midfield, Forward
    116 Career Games 114
    Gippsland Power Origin Sandringham Dragons
    January 9, 1997 Date of Birth January 28, 1998
    25yr 8mth Age 24yr 8mth
    191cm Height 188cm
    91kg Weight 89kg
    2015 National Draft Last Drafted In 2016 National Draft
    Round 2, Pick #25 Last Draft Position Round 1, Pick #2
    Western Bulldogs Last Drafted By GWS Giants
    2022 Stats for Season 2022
    23 Games 16
    11.8 Kicks 13.8
    13.6 Handballs 11.7
    25.4 Disposals 25.5
    6.2 Marks 3.6
    0.8 Goals 0.4
    0.5 Behinds 0.4
    6.1 Tackles 4.8
    0.1 Hitouts 0
    2.7 Inside 50s 3.9
    0.6 Goal Assists 0.6
    2.0 Frees For 1.7
    1.0 Frees Against 1.2
    11.3 Contested Possessions 9.7
    14.6 Uncontested Possessions 14.8
    18.4 Effective Disposals 17.6
    72.4% Disposal Efficiency % 69%
    3.1 Clangers 4.6
    0.6 Contested Marks 0.3
    0.8 Marks Inside 50 0.3
    4.4 Clearances 3.8
    1.4 Rebound 50s 1.9
    1.7 One Percenters 0.8
    0.2 Bounces 0.1
    83.7 Time On Ground % 84.2
    2.0 Centre Clearances 1.2
    2.4 Stoppage Clearances 2.5
    7.0 Score Involvements 4.9
    224.9 Metres Gained 342.8
    3.4 Turnovers 4.9
    3.0 Intercepts 2.3
    1.5 Tackles Inside 50 0.4
    $843,000 AFL Fantasy Price $747,000
    109.8 AFL Fantasy Score 95.5
    $563,800 Supercoach Price $464,300
    109.0 Supercoach Score 91.4
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    What the hell is Dunkley’s manager doing? His client has now twice come out publicly saying he wants to leave before either club has any of the building blocks in place to make the deal happen.

Absolute s**t show.

To get this far - after 4 weeks of us “waiting for the decision”’is an absolute joke. They aren’t committed to him - he looks like a knob for coming out and saying they’re his preference.

Walk him to the PSD and he can play in North Melbourne colours for all I care. This is precedent setting and it’s a farkin joke that it always happens with us.
    Seems to be the line Sammy is taking atm.

Post Thanks / Like

It would please me no end to watch Dunkley play at Norf in 2023. I'd give up what Brisbane want to pay to see this.

20. Likes Mofra, bulldogtragic, josie, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Brisbane somehow end up offering us pick 21 and a future first I suspect we take it.
    There's nothing to suggest they're even close to that though.

Power may be stalling and asking Pickering to canvas the market again, hence he gets his radio partner Sammy Edmund to write the PSD article this morning. Let to footy world now they're a chance with Dunkley if they can make a late pitch to him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Strong Dodoro energy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    'Not going anywhere': Lions won't let former No.1 pick go

One man that Lions football manager Danny Daly said was not up for grabs was former No.1 pick Cam Rayner.

Daly said both he and list manager Dom Ambrogio had repeatedly spoken to Rayner in the past two weeks to convince the 22-year-old they had no intention of even entertaining a move after reports speculating it was something the club should look into.

"We haven't spoken to anyone about it because he loves this footy club, we love him, he's not going anywhere," Daly said.

"In fact, we're getting his brother up to play in our VFL team hopefully next year.

"We've got high hopes for Cam coming off a year with his knee surgery. We feel he can go to another level next year and be a really important player for us.

"He's not going anywhere. I can end that speculation right now."

Daly said after Brisbane had spent the early part of Trade Period splitting picks to gather more points ahead of the draft, the Lions would soon move on to acquiring Hawk Jack Gunston and Bulldog Dunkley.
    Ambrogio can save the list spot for Kyle Dunkley instead.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

23. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post