Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If it were a pick swap +2 firsts we'd get later picks back.
    They’re saying future first for those 3 picks.
    Dunks for 15

I think that’s what I meant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think on points it puts Dunkley's value as pick 15 or something (I haven't calculated the future third so maybe even 20ish). Basically it's the offer we have now of a future first for Dunkley (or maybe worse!). It's not a good faith offer
    Based on us and Brisbane finishing in the same positions next year I calculate the net value at pick 21. Great deal

3. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It was effectively just pick 15 for Dunkley.

If you assume the F1 was going to be pick 15 again from a points perspective that's 2224 points in and 1400 points out.
    That’s basically the 900 gain they got from GWS isn’t it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Based on us and Brisbane finishing in the same positions next year I calculate the net value at pick 21. Great deal
    Yep, spot on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They’re saying future first for those 3 picks.
    Dunks for 15

I think that’s what I meant
    But you think that's a fair deal? Effectively Dunks for 15 and a swap of picks that could be done independently of Dunkley?

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s closer to the mark than I expected, which makes me think the Lions are at least dealing in reasonable faith.

If you take out pick 30 I almost satisfied with that.

Two first rounders for Dunks and a couple of thirds.
    Agree, 'if' Pick 30 was out that's almost about the best we can get. Problem, that wasn't offered and now they've weakened their draft hand. The only was I can see a resolution is a decent player being involved now, either direct or indirect.

Direct: Future First and Player X

Indirect: Robertson/Lobb/Future First & 3rd

Indirect: Pick 21 (For Lobb straight swap), Future First, Swap Future Second for our Future 3rd

Happy to throw them Pick 69 (for draft points) if we won't use it.

Still a few different ways for Brisbane to close a deal if they're proactive. That deal wasn't good and we were dead right to knock it back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we have to accept the fact we aren’t going to get what we want, partly due to Dunkley’s choice of club.

So for me if we get two first through the door and can bring in some top end talent for some late picks I don’t really care about the points, they mean little to us.

Of course I’d expect that being their first offer to be negotiated, them moving on that 15 though has really put a spanner in the works.

Shows their priority is getting the father son deals done first.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we have to accept the fact we aren’t going to get what we want, partly due to Dunkley’s choice of club.

So for me if we get two first through the door and can bring in some top end talent for some late picks I don’t really care about the points, they mean little to us.

Of course I’d expect that being their first offer to be negotiated, them moving on that 15 though has really put a spanner in the works.

Points do mean little, but pick 30 simply should not be discarded.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dunkley can accept our contract at any time he likes, until he's signed to another club. He would have to nominate himself into the PSD at the end of his contract which from memory all fall at the end of October (or thereabout). I haven't read the rules in a while, but I think he can nominate for the National Draft with a figure on his head. But with Ashcroft and Fletcher, there's no way he slips down far enough for Brisbane to live trade their 2023 First to sign him at the ND. Shame. And we could end up in any state. Shame.

When Jack Martin had to do the same thing a few years ago, GCS were still trying to convince him to stay until his contract expired and he nominated himself in the PSD.

Problem for Dunks is that there's zero chance he can get to Brisbane in the PSD. Shame. North are struggling to pay the minimum required under the cap, Dunks could put $1,000,000 a season on his head and North should and would pick him up.

Me thinks he and Pickering might be hitting the phones over the weekend to avoid this blowing up in their faces. Shame.
    Thanks BT
    WOOF Member 422

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we have to accept it though? They chased him all year and have put in a massive financial offer for his services but effectively want us to accept 50 cents in the dollar for a B&F winner and premiership player in the prime of his career.
    Accepting 85 or 90 cents in the dollar is a compromise most could accept but 50 cents in the dollar is something we should walk away from.

They've had plenty of options available too them to get a reasonable offer in front of us but have clearly disrespected the process.

I've been very open to a compromised deal because a decent 1st rounder this year and a decent 2nd rounder next year might have been the best we could get and we could all walk away happy enough. The Lions offer was just flipping us the bird.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Thanks Stevo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Points do mean little, but pick 30 simply should not be discarded.
    Agree, I wouldn't have done that deal I thought it was a reasonable first offer.
    Take out 30, im listening a bit harder.

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do we have to accept it though? They chased him all year and have put in a massive financial offer for his services but effectively want us to accept 50 cents in the dollar for a B&F winner and premiership player in the prime of his career.
    Accepting 85 or 90 cents in the dollar is a compromise most could accept but 50 cents in the dollar is something we should walk away from.

They've had plenty of options available too them to get a reasonable offer in front of us but have clearly disrespected the process.

I've been very open to a compromised deal because a decent 1st rounder this year and a decent 2nd rounder next year might have been the best we could get and we could all walk away happy enough. The Lions offer was just flipping us the bird.
    Bris are hinging their bets that the dogs won’t send dunks to the PSD..they are expecting us to fold under pressure, and the way it stands right now, we will not get the deal we were hoping for. Once 15 disappeared off the table, they showed their true hand.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane haven’t dealt with us in good faith. Let him walk or stay or another year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Brisbane haven’t dealt with us in good faith. Let him walk or stay or another year.
    It's the issue I have with the AFL trading system. Self-regulation, good faith...it's all a deck of cards.

Every time a player requests a trade, it's to only one club.

21. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The clubs have all the power to draft a player…but once that player IS drafted, they hold all the power…something has to change. If player X is in Perth and wants to go back home to Victoria, then they should say I want to go back to Victoria…not I want to go to Richmond. Same for every state.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

23. Likes hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post