Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Callum Twomey
    @CalTwomey
    ยท
    2h
    Clubs are looking to see if there are provisions within rules that could allow them to trade out their future first and second-round picks to unlock deals. Exemptions are allowed in the 'two first-rounders in four years' rule. Could shape a few of the big deals to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Thanks BT. But how can any club offer a future first and future second when you have said the above.
    Brisbane have traded extra future second round picks in, and can apply tot he AFL for dispensation to trade a future first and second.
    By rumour, Brisbane and Port have both made appeals to the AFL this year (Brisbane for Dunkley picks, Port for JHF picks)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Brisbane have traded extra future second round picks in, and can apply tot he AFL for dispensation to trade a future first and second.
    By rumour, Brisbane and Port have both made appeals to the AFL this year (Brisbane for Dunkley picks, Port for JHF picks)
    If they can trade some fringe players. Say Mathison upgrading their Future 3rd into a Future 2nd, and another player upgrading a Future 4th into a Future 3rd. Then they can package up two Future Seconds to go fishing for a Future First. To then offer 2 x Future Firsts. If they can pull it off, it's very clever, but infuriating as two Future end of First Rounders ain't very good although meeting our demand.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They need to satisfy us
    That's where the KY comes in handy.

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If they can trade some fringe players. Say Mathison upgrading their Future 3rd into a Future 2nd, and another player upgrading a Future 4th into a Future 3rd. Then they can package up two Future Seconds to go fishing for a Future First. To then offer 2 x Future Firsts. If they can pull it off, it's very clever, but infuriating as two Future end of First Rounders ain't very good although meeting our demand.
    Looking at Twomey's take on the next draft Jed Walter is a Top 10 Pick next year. He's a GCS Academy Pick. Plus several others likely to be matched on bids.

As an example... If GCS can upgrade their Future Second (maybe circa Pick 25) into a late Future First (say Pick 15-18) for a Pick or two this year and/or Future Fourth. Or say a player, Fiorini to Collingwood for this upgrade maybe. Or if they get Geelong’s Future First in return for Bowes and hand Geelong back their second Rounder.

Then GCS trade that Future First to Brisbane for 2 x Future Second Rounders. Now GCS have at a guess Pick 10 worth of Draft Points, to secure Walter. It also gives them more flexibility if Walter goes higher, to try to 'trade up' the order before the expected bid.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 07-10-2022 at 08:38 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think I’m not so much interested in what picks we get, but rather what we do with them.

We’re not going to take as many picks as Brisbane will give us numbers wise, so perhaps we have a player in mind?

Sam, do your magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    I think I’m not so much interested in what picks we get, but rather what we do with them.

We’re not going to take as many picks as Brisbane will give us numbers wise, so perhaps we have a player in mind?

Sam, do your magic!
    For thou art wise.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish bad things for the Lions. I hope karma bites them... like it would be amazing now if they not only missed out on Dunkley, but someone put an early bid on Jaspa Fletcher and forced them to scramble for more points.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Yankee Hotel Foxtrot;813355]I wish bad things for the Lions. I hope karma bites them... like it would be amazing now if they not only missed out on Dunkley, but someone put an early bid on Jaspa Fletcher and forced them to scramble for more points.[/QUOTE

The defensive gods have been hitting them with Karma 4 straight years. If you cant defend you can play in the big dance.

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's to stop the Bummers from grabbing Dunkley if he's there at their turn. They would be doing a happy dance getting him for nothing after the failed attempt to screw us last time.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

What about if Brisbane get the right to trade both first and second round picks next year. They trade them with GWS for picks (say) 3 & 15. This pics are on-traded to us for Dunkley. GWS then get fodder for their academy player in 2023. Brisbane get Dunkley; Bulldogs get two first rounders.
    WOOF Member 422

14. Likes Bulldog4life, F'scary, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley is one of the best inside mids in the comp + he can play as a marking forward. He is a beast, physically. He is easily worth the equivalent of the 12 + 19 paid by Tiggers to GWS for Taranto. I would prefer him to go to norf for nix rather than fold to the Brions.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

16. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    What's to stop the Bummers from grabbing Dunkley if he's there at their turn. They would be doing a happy dance getting him for nothing after the failed attempt to screw us last time.
    I would prefer they get him rather than the Brions who traded out their capital deliberately.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I would prefer they get him rather than the Brions who traded out their capital deliberately.
    I agree and at this stage I would rather he ends up anywhere rather than the Lions unless they find a way to pony up. A term I heard recently.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

19. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's not sounding promising....why does it feel like in all of this, we're losing the star player, brisbane is gaining him and the premiers somehow come out on top with the picks. You'd think clubs would want to stop giving Geelong an upper hand
    It's soft avoidance of restraint of trade, to appease the players.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.