Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

I'm staggered if Brisbane aren't offering up a player like Lohmann at this point. They're trying to win a flag now; Gunston, Dunkley, Ashcroft (maybe Fletcher) is surely a great result for them.

F1, Pick 21 & Lohmann for Dunkley and third round pick is what I'd be hunting. And I'm not sure why they'd really haggle over that.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Take the blue pill Jeemak!!!
    What does that one do?

The one I took was a thatch colour and had something that looked like a yellow pages logo on it.......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless our player demand was ‘Rayner and only Rayner’, I don’t get their stubbornness.
    I would be comfortable with that approach.

Since WE knew (this forum) that the Brians was going to be Dunks club a couple of weeks before he formalised it, surely the club read the same tea-leaves?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but most of the other players listed on this now ENORMOUS thread as potential trade inclusions (Lohmann, Starcevich) are good players but 'just' good players...they are not 1st round players.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you want something good you have to give something good...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'm staggered if Brisbane aren't offering up a player like Lohmann at this point. They're trying to win a flag now; Gunston, Dunkley, Ashcroft (maybe Fletcher) is surely a great result for them.

F1, Pick 21 & Lohmann for Dunkley and third round pick is what I'd be hunting. And I'm not sure why they'd really haggle over that.
    It's because they're looking at the period as a bunch of individual deals instead of a broad process and letting perfection get in the way of marked improvement.

Classic improvement strategy fail.

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I would be comfortable with that approach.

Since WE knew (this forum) that the Brians was going to be Dunks club a couple of weeks before he formalised it, surely the club read the same tea-leaves?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but most of the other players listed on this now ENORMOUS thread as potential trade inclusions (Lohmann, Starcevich) are good players but 'just' good players...they are not 1st round players.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you want something good you have to give something good...
    11th hour reiterated good deal to Rayner? Subject to a medical tomorrow? Enough time?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's because they're looking at the period as a bunch of individual deals instead of a broad process and letting perfection get in the way of marked improvement.

Classic improvement strategy fail.
    Everyone here is frustrated at Geelong but the are the perfect example of what Brisbane should be doing. At the time they “seemed to give up a lot” for Cameron and Dangerfield.
    But they got the bloody deals done.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll be basically Dunks and 39 for 21, f1 and f2. Maybe there's a future 3rd they can throw in for next year (rules permitting). It's like... fine. Not great. Unders for sure. But hey Dunkley is a prick whattayagonnadoaboutit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    But hey Dunkley is a prick whattayagonnadoaboutit
    Complain all summer?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Everyone here is frustrated at Geelong but the are the perfect example of what Brisbane should be doing. At the time they “seemed to give up a lot” for Cameron and Dangerfield.
    I could understand it if two good talents - with one being the best in the draft according to some, weren't coming into the club. They're going to have enough points, and at this stage Dunkley would be cream on a trade period that's been extremely productive for them.

Perhaps the sticking point is our refusal to take Mathieson off their hands for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    To me I'd say the deal is pretty close and someone will fold.

Probably the Lions.

Pick 21 and a future first with maybe a swapsy later on.

Lobb im less sure about. Gut feel is it happens very late. One of those queuing at the door jobs they love so much.

Drama!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    It's disheartening at the moment but I continue to wait for tomorrow night hoping we somehow come through the otherside true to our word.
    Lets not hold our breaths here, we will know by 1pm if the deal can be struck but the mail I have says the differences in what we want and what they will offer says it won't get done.

15. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just waiting for us to capitulate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm just waiting for us to capitulate
    I don’t think Power will capitulate on the Dunks trade.

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I don’t think Power will capitulate on the Dunks trade.
    I think you’re right josie. With the club telling the press we will walk Dunkley to the PSD, if we take anything less than the demand it will be a humiliation of not just Power, but the list management committee that endorsed the decision and now the board which signed off on the decision and informing the media. I don’t think we can back down even if we wanted to. It’s all or nothing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you’re right josie. With the club telling the press we will walk Dunkley to the PSD, if we take anything less than the demand it will be a humiliation of not just Power, but the list management committee that endorsed the decision and now the board which signed off on the decision and informing the media. I don’t think we can back down even if we wanted to. It’s all or nothing.
    At least it gives an insight into the governance over the trading process if nothing else. I would think that most core decisions involving high draft picks and key players need some sort of approval, which is comforting - even though Bevo has everyone under his spell and is out of control.........

Obviously I'm being silly, but when you strip it back this is simply a transaction as part of a strategy that would have been signed off at the higher echelons of the club prior to the execution phase.

Perhaps at the lower ends of the draft or trading pile it becomes looser, but this is a good insight into how the trade period is governed.

22. Likes josie, bulldogtragic liked this post