Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 24 of 263 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Keep going....
    We should ask for the picks they get for Saad and Daniher too. I mean, if they really want him that badly, they shouldn’t mind.
    I'd take Tippa this year, but wouldn't want picks because they'd get soaked up in the JUH drafting. We need players and Tippa's a good start, but given Dunkley's contracted then and they're apparently offering him elite money then more would need to be done.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I agree with you, if there is any truth to the speculation it's because of being used in the ruck it will force a quick rethink

Our forward set-up doesn't quite allow for another options to help out in the ruck
    We have spoken during the season about his lack of midfield time. I think it's a factor. He's probably fifth in line now? As others have said though hopefully this changes with longer quarters and he can rotate more with Libba.
    I'm with you, he really doesn't seem the type to burn his bridges and he's so highly regarded I can't see this relationship breaking down. It might at least give the coaches some food for thought regarding his usage going forward.

3. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd take Tippa this year, but wouldn't want picks because they'd get soaked up in the JUH drafting. We need players and Tippa's a good start, but given Dunkley's contracted then and they're apparently offering him elite money then more would need to be done.
    I think they’re currently banned from trading early picks next year. Could be wrong.
    I get your point about this year but maybe if we can rake them over the coals enough we can make it worth it.
    Alternatively Merrett, Tippa and a first. I know that’s way overs but hey, *!*!*!*! em.

I still prefer to play hardball and hold onto him, but this over the top ask is where we need to go if they try to buy him off with 2 years left on a contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Precisely. You can't offer top tier money to a player with 2 yrs on his contract and offer anything other than an offer to good to turn down to the club. Given JUH eats up points any deal will need to be one that unlocks other trade deals that addresses some strategic deficiencies we have.
    That's the only way we even pick up Dodo's phone call.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    900k a year and play as only as mid, who could blame him.
    We don't know it is 900. Journo talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they’re currently banned from trading early picks next year. Could be wrong.
    I get your point about this year but maybe if we can rake them over the coals enough we can make it worth it.
    Alternatively Merrett, Tippa and a first. I know that’s way overs but hey, *!*!*!*! em.

I still prefer to play hardball and hold onto him, but this over the top ask is where we need to go if they try to buy him off with 2 years left on a contract.
    I think this is close to being correct but I believe there are some consideration about trading a first round pick this year. They can trade their first round pick providing they acquire another in the first round.
    They should be able to trade their 2021 pick though

This is what was reported last month

ESSENDON and Hawthorn will be unable to offload their first-round draft picks in trade deals this year unless they can obtain a second prized selection. And West Coast will also be blocked from trading its 2021 future first-round pick unless it can acquire an early choice this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Is it really hardball by just saying no to Essendon?

10. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not be too worried till we hear from the man himself, Dunks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    We don't know it is 900. Journo talk.
    As much as I rate him that would be a ridiculous pay level for Dunkley.

Journo speculation for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm

Speaking on Fox Footy, Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said Dunkley was likely to request a trade, but the move coming to fruition remains unlikely.

“They (Essendon) believe that Josh Dunkley is very keen to cross to the Dogs. They believe that they will certainly receive a trade request,” he said.

“The Bulldogs as we speak today are saying nothing is doing, there is no way we will trade a player who has two yeas on his contract.

“As I was told today, Essendon is saying he wants to come to us. He doesn’t want to be a ruckman as he’s had to be at times. He was certainly pushed out of the midfield late in the season including in that critical final, he was not thrilled with that.

“He has been up in Noosa considering his future - I think he’ll request the trade, the question is whether they get that done.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We can't get bent over here. We have all the cards.

I like Dunks as a player but he is not the type you pay $950k for. He is not elite. This will come back and bite Essendon.

We can use the picks to get the elite key defender/ruckman. We need to go hard at the other clubs like they do to us.
    He was in the AA squad of 40 last year, when he played as an inside mid. When he got moved into an inside mid role, he had 11 of 16 games over 30 touches including a 39 disposal, 2 goal, 15 tackle, 9 clearance game in round 18.

I think he is definitely elite when playing inside mid, and if he got to play in a starting mid role at another club he would definitely be in AA and Brownlow contention. Unfortunately we have Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith ahead of him - will he be happy to be a Cam Guthrie waiting on the wings/HFF for injuries, or will he chase more money and opportunity?

I really hope we hold on to Dunks.

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Dunks has half a brain in his head the last place he would go would be the Bombers. Why not Carlton? Brisbane? The Cats even......The Bombers are 5 to 8 years away from a top 4 position. He would be wasting his career. I get the money and if that is really important to him then maybe he's not what we need, but I think he is better off passing himself around a number of clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think if Dunks has half a brain in his head the last place he would go would be the Bombers. Why not Carlton? Brisbane? The Cats even......The Bombers are 5 to 8 years away from a top 4 position. He would be wasting his career. I get the money and if that is really important to him then maybe he's not what we need, but I think he is better off passing himself around a number of clubs.
    Because they're not offering double his salary.

Honestly I'd play for Essendon if they came at me with that.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hmmm

Speaking on Fox Footy, Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said Dunkley was likely to request a trade, but the move coming to fruition remains unlikely.

“They (Essendon) believe that Josh Dunkley is very keen to cross to the Dogs. They believe that they will certainly receive a trade request,” he said.

“The Bulldogs as we speak today are saying nothing is doing, there is no way we will trade a player who has two yeas on his contract.

“As I was told today, Essendon is saying he wants to come to us. He doesn’t want to be a ruckman as he’s had to be at times. He was certainly pushed out of the midfield late in the season including in that critical final, he was not thrilled with that.

“He has been up in Noosa considering his future - I think he’ll request the trade, the question is whether they get that done.”
    I'd expect a better article than how this reads from Ralphy but lets assume an offer has been made. Dunkley's only bone of contention might be that he is missing time in the midfield and doing a bit of ruck work. That is an easy remedy for us if we are keen to keep him at the club. Two years to run on a contract is an easy option for us to insist on him meeting.

Too many things are in the positive column for us for me to get concerned

19. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    All that makes sense but if the financial offer is huge you would have to think it's a consideration

21. Likes Bullies liked this post