Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Lobby to change the rules around trading. With free agency a thing and no doubt, AFLPA efforts to expand it, the clubs should be looking to remove the clause that means a player can refuse a trade. Obviously has to be some depth to it, but introduce things like no trade clauses and make it so clubs can ship you off where they get the best value.
    Personally not a fan of all power resting with either party - but there has to be a better balance.

The player should nominate 3 clubs - if they have that much interest - and then the departing club can get the best deal for them.

Half the issue is the departing club is absolutely slated in the media for not bending to the players will. The narrative is the player and receiving club are happy with the deal, the departing club is being difficult.

I wonder whether Sam power has picked up much more responsibility since Austin left and as such doesn’t have as much time to dedicate to each thing. First couple of trade periods felt much better run than the last couple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    "What are you doing"
    "Nothing. What are you doing?"
    "Nothing"
    You hang up.

No you hang up

*childish giggling*

3. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something for your dart boards

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well no one else in Brisbane can say that so that must be Jash's POD

Post Thanks / Like

Some how I feel the split up of Dunkley and Treloar around the club is a good thing. These two seem like they have a relationship over and above the norm, and I wonder how it effects the whole playing group?

Maybe now, Adz can make some more friends.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes WBFC4FFC, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time I see this thread on my 'New Posts' list I'm making a comment.

Josh and Dunks forever.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

So Liam Pickering a bit salty about Sam's haggling for a future 4th round pick as the clincher to get the deal over the line.
    I must admit if this is true, then Sam really was sending a message to the Lions' team about their lack of professionalism early on in the week, when they dealt 15 to another team after we refused to give them 30 and 39 back...

It certainly does seem a weird hill for Power and the team to be willing to die on if the above isn't the underlying reason, as I don't think the points value of a future 4th tied to Geelong is going to be crucial for us.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The big question now of course is what will happen to the On & Off Podcast now that Off has left.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So Liam Pickering a bit salty about Sam's haggling for a future 4th round pick as the clincher to get the deal over the line.
    I must admit if this is true, then Sam really was sending a message to the Lions' team about their lack of professionalism early on in the week, when they dealt 15 to another team after we refused to give them 30 and 39 back...

It certainly does seem a weird hill for Power and the team to be willing to die on if the above isn't the underlying reason, as I don't think the points value of a future 4th tied to Geelong is going to be crucial for us.
    He was really Salty. Even in the rooms when they got off the phone you could see the exasperation.
    Sam is the ice man.

14. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given it came from Pickering I'd say it's likely far from the truth.

However do we have a couple father sons to consider next year? Will they eat into our picks next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    The second the essendon deal fell through we start a mature dialogue around his future.

Sign him to an extra year extension to see him to FA - then it is great that his shitbloke manager just touts him around for cash.

Or we actively manage a conversation to shift him with one year left on his contract. Open dialogue between all parties.

Couldn’t do that with every player - but Dunks appears an extreme professional capable of separating emotion and logic.
    We don't know that none of that happened or that we didn't make that offer. We did put a 5 year contract in front of him. He had plenty of opportunity to stay. He just didn't want to. And that's fine. Others will do the same, others will want to come to us. The biggest problem was he chose to go to a team that couldn't give us fair value, so we essentially had to settle for less than his worth, Still we turned pick 25 from 2015 into Pick 21, a future 1st and part of Rory Lobb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    We don't know that none of that happened or that we didn't make that offer. We did put a 5 year contract in front of him. He had plenty of opportunity to stay. He just didn't want to. And that's fine. Others will do the same, others will want to come to us. The biggest problem was he chose to go to a team that couldn't give us fair value, so we essentially had to settle for less than his worth, Still we turned pick 25 from 2015 into Pick 21, a future 1st and part of Rory Lobb.
    I think we tried to extend his contract a few times but he didn't want a bar of it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

it's all spin. Brisbane could have offered 15 and 21 with nothing going back before the last day and negotiations could have been productive but they pissfarted around until the last day to actually make a reasonable offer. If Sam wanted to use all of that last day he may as well since it's the only day there was any good faith negotiation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not to be pedantic, Freo got our pick 30 and our future second. The picks for Lobb is completely independent of Dunkley. It’s a (late) Future First, early second (21), likely late second & late fourth (giving back our third).

Or a First, second/Pick 21, upgrade our third into Lions second, and a fourth.

Or a bit above a First (say 15-18) and Pick 21.

Taranto was 12 & 19.

So it’s very close to Taranto. If Brisbane somehow have a bad finals series, you could argue it’s a smidge ahead of Taranto.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think we tried to extend his contract a few times but he didn't want a bar of it.
    And to me lend of last year was the time to do a trade. If he hadn't signed by then, we should've looked to do a deal then. In fact given we had Darcy commitments last year, a Dunkley trade could've enabled Sam Power and co to get funky with some additional trades as we wouldn't just have wanted the trade returns to be simply gobbled up by the Father son points needed.

Anyway moot point now. Dunks is up here with me in Brisbane now.. Great, I look forward to him being a big promotional feature up here from next year on. Uggghh. Gee I hope the Lions fall hard...and I really, really would love for someone to stuff up and bid early on Jaspa Fletcher.