Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    it's all spin. Brisbane could have offered 15 and 21 with nothing going back before the last day and negotiations could have been productive but they pissfarted around until the last day to actually make a reasonable offer. If Sam wanted to use all of that last day he may as well since it's the only day there was any good faith negotiation.
    Absolutely. and this was my poorly explained point. Was Sam's haggling late on the final day over a 4th round a smack on Brisbane's nose, to say 'you plonkers, we could've had this done and dusted day 1, if you'd not been a bunch of bell end's trying to win trade week, so now you've gotta kiss the ring and give me a future 4th or Josh boy will be wearing blue and white stripes next year.'

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not to be pedantic, Freo got our pick 30 and our future second. The picks for Lobb is completely independent of Dunkley. It’s a (late) Future First, early second (21), likely late second & late fourth (giving back our third).

Or a First, second/Pick 21, upgrade our third into Lions second, and a fourth.

Or a bit above a First (say 15-18) and Pick 21.

Taranto was 12 & 19.

So it’s very close to Taranto. If Brisbane somehow have a bad finals series, you could argue it’s a smidge ahead of Taranto.
    How is Brisbane looking for next year? I would imagine they don't have many picks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How is Brisbane looking for next year? I would imagine they don't have many picks
    Nah, they’re looking alright. A second and 3 x Third Rounders. A couple of trades next year and they’ll have a good presence. They’ve crushed it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some how I feel the split up of Dunkley and Treloar around the club is a good thing. These two seem like they have a relationship over and above the norm, and I wonder how it effects the whole playing group?

Maybe now, Adz can make some more friends.
    Didn't seem to be an issue with B1 & B2 (Johnno and Bubba)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nah, they’re looking alright. A second and 3 x Third Rounders. A couple of trades next year and they’ll have a good presence. They’ve crushed it.
    They'll trade their 2024 first into a 2023 pick too Ashcroft's brother is 2024 draft eligible.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2...al-draft-order

Geelong and Collingwood with the least depth (but have 1st rounders at least)

Brisbane have a few but looking like a late second (Geelong I think) and 3rd rounders only

9. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2...al-draft-order

Geelong and Collingwood with the least depth (but have 1st rounders at least)

Brisbane have a few but looking like a late second (Geelong I think) and 3rd rounders only
    Why does that have us with pick 15?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Why does that have us with pick 15?
    That would be the pick we've acquired from Brisbane (their 2023 F1)... obviously based on this years finishing order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That would be the pick we've acquired from Brisbane (their 2023 F1)... obviously based on this years finishing order.
    Ahhh. yes... 2023. Obviously I'm paying attention to what I'm reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hopefully they finish lower down the ladder
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    The second the essendon deal fell through we start a mature dialogue around his future.

Sign him to an extra year extension to see him to FA - then it is great that his shitbloke manager just touts him around for cash.

Or we actively manage a conversation to shift him with one year left on his contract. Open dialogue between all parties.

Couldn’t do that with every player - but Dunks appears an extreme professional capable of separating emotion and logic.
    Pickering was even having a go at us when he was leaving. Said the deal could have been dealt with in the morning but we were haggling over a 4th round pick...well done Sammy. Further said all the bulldog supporters can now stop hassling him on social media. Then he said "I better not walk past the dogs table I'm not very popular"... or words to the effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Pickering was even having a go at us when he was leaving. Said the deal could have been dealt with in the morning but we were haggling over a 4th round pick...well done Sammy. Further said all the bulldog supporters can now stop hassling him on social media. Then he said "I better not walk past the dogs table I'm not very popular"... or words to the effect.
    I'm glad we made it difficult for Brisbane and the by-product that it pissed of Pickering is an absolute bonus! And making Dunks sweat till the very end was good too
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes josie, Bulldog4life, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He'll just randomly setup a tent in their front yard and stay up all night facetiming Adz telling ghost stories with a torch under his face.
    Hang on. Are you saying that that's not a normal thing to do with your mates?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/video/856836/...=1665564304001

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for annoying Liam Pickering, but can someone explain to me why we would want to swap a fourth pick with theirs as part of the deal?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."