Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 28 of 263 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah but once someone doesnt want to be here, you dont keep them. Their hearts not in it and the fans will turn.

If he wants out see you later mate we dont want you either.
    This is a different situation. It isn't that he doesn't want to be with us, or he is unhappy with the club, coach, players, it is purely due to an opportunity that has come up to make big money.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Tom Papley? Ryan O'Keefe? I know they are very much in the minority but they do show that it can be done.
    Yeah but they were wanting to come home to Victoria from another state. Dunkley wants to go to Essendon. Huge difference.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is a different situation. It isn't that he doesn't want to be with us, or he is unhappy with the club, coach, players, it is purely due to an opportunity that has come up to make big money.
    As I've already asked, how would you know?

He may just want to play in his natural position and get payed well for it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't know anything for certain.

Essendon have seen an opportunity that Dunkely for whatever reason is not in our first choice midfield line up and have approached with a great opportunity on field and a whole lot of reasons off field to take it seriously.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of comments.

The only reason Dunks would leave is for the money, not because he has cracked the shits over playing a couple of games relief ruck. He loves the club and his mates at the club and loves the coach.

Also, lets say we decide to trade with Essendon. Knowing Essendon the deal will be done on the eleventh hour and we won't have time to use the picks to on trade with another club for a Backman/Ruck, small forward. I can see that happening when Essendon is involved.

Overall, I hope Dunks comes out soon and says he is going nowhere, or the club says we are holding you to your contract - too bad sonny Jim.
    Unless he publicly reaffirms his desire to stay at the club, this is just a horrible look for us. Other clubs will look at us as a team who cannot keep their fabric players all together. As GVGjr said, what about Naughts and Bailey Smith when they are next up for contract?

For mine it is not even important if the deal is done or not. What really matters is that it's an alleged decision by a young player, not even yet entering their prime and who is an impeccable citizen, that they don't believe in the future of the club.

Dynasty clubs hold their players together and take a collective pay cut to do so. Money is irrelevant if a player is truly happy, settled and believes in the future success of the club.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but they were wanting to come home to Victoria from another state. Dunkley wants to go to Essendon. Huge difference.
    You are taking two journos at their word and it's not like he has an axe to grind with the club. You don't know for sure he doesn't want to be at the club either.

Do you really have a good reason for a half empty position with Dunkley?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You are taking two journos at their word and it's not like he has an axe to grind with the club. You don't know for sure he doesn't want to be at the club either.

Do you really have a good reason for a half empty position with Dunkley?
    I guess all we've got to go on is a handful of journos saying he wants out, we can pretend he wants to stay too but yeah we wont know until next week.

It cant always be kumbaya on here.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the reverse version of BTs Tom Boyd thread, can we bash the person who started it?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but once someone doesnt want to be here, you dont keep them. Their hearts not in it and the fans will turn.

If he wants out see you later mate we dont want you either.
    So if Bont or Naughton say they’d rather be elsewhere we’d just wave them on their way?

I also find it mind boggling that there are all these rules around draft tampering and equalisation yet it is ok to offer inducements to break a legally binding contract?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

11. Likes GetDimmaBack, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    So if Bont or Naughton say they’d rather be elsewhere we’d just wave them on their way?
    Sadly yes. If someone doesnt want to be here you trade them out.

Lets not mention Bont is this cursed thread with him coming out of contract at the end of next season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

As I've already asked, how would you know?

He may just want to play in his natural position and get payed well for it.
    Yeah, I don't know what has happened in the past 6 months, but I do know he wrote the article posted in this thread not long ago, (not sure if you read it) and all the players call him the coaches pet. If he really wanted to go he would have come out and said so. What I can tell is he is mulling over the dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    We don't know anything for certain.

Essendon have seen an opportunity that Dunkely for whatever reason is not in our first choice midfield line up and have approached with a great opportunity on field and a whole lot of reasons off field to take it seriously.
    I don't blame Essendon, I would do the same if I was them. they need an inside mid, we have plenty, so go for it. I do blame the AFL for not stopping this bullshit of breaking contracts.

As I said earlier what is to stop another team throwing big dollars at our other young players, or we doing the same. It is getting ridiculous.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Even if he nominates to leave and ends up staying, it is a massive indictment on our club that one of our best under 23 players, a model citizen and future leader, has allegedly decided he has no faith in the future direction of our club.
    It's a good point. You'd wonder if the same scenario involved Shai Bolton would his head be turned as reportedly (I know source is questionable) Josh's has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a good point. You'd wonder if the same scenario involved Shai Bolton would his head be turned as reportedly (I know source is questionable) Josh's has.
    My take is still the enormous salary thrown at him - very hard to resist. It is not always the clubs fault as many on here always purport.

17. Likes GetDimmaBack, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Even if he nominates to leave and ends up staying, it is a massive indictment on our club that one of our best under 23 players, a model citizen and future leader, has allegedly decided he has no faith in the future direction of our club.
    So.….it's a massive indictment on the club that another club is willing to double his wage, and employ his brother when nobody else would?

Not sure I see the logic Sedat.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes bornadog, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the reverse version of BTs Tom Boyd thread, can we bash the person who started it?
    Yep, you get two free ones and that's it. Make them count.

Is that how we talk tough on the internets?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.