Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 44 of 263 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I have a heavy heart at the idea of any of the reasons he would wish to leave.

If a guy like him can be an out-and-out mercenary. then much of the rationale for us sticking fat in tough times, loyally supporting our team no matter what, is empty.

If it's also because we are unable to sell him a vision of a successful club that is close to premiership contention, this is deeply troubling, especially given the recent history of the club he may be choosing.

If disillusionment with Bevo's coaching strategies and the peculiar ruck setup is part of it, I find it unlikely that this would be something that isn't a regular topic of disaffection, dissent and grumbling among that group with which Dunkley is tight ie the solid core of 'good blokes', Wally, Crozier and his best mate Bont. That sort of chatter can so easily become poisonous within a group.

None of these reasons inspire a sense of optimism about this whole wretched scenario.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I know it's not the same level, but how close is this situation to the Ryan Griffen saga in terms of effect on the club and players? This is a leader and supposedly standup guy we're talking about. Even Dustin Martin, who does not have this reputation and could have been viewed as someone to chase the coin, knocked back millions to stay with the Tigers.

Post Thanks / Like

Would anyone enquire about a straight swap for (childhood Doggies fan and want away) Zach Merrett?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. I know it's not the same level, but how close is this situation to the Ryan Griffen saga in terms of effect on the club and players? This is a leader and supposedly standup guy we're talking about. Even Dustin Martin, who does not have this reputation and could have been viewed as someone to chase the coin, knocked back millions to stay with the Tigers.
    We all get buoyed when players “choose us” and sign a long term contract. Feels like in future the exciting media release should have an asterisk. Ours for the next three years!!***

***unless better offer materialises
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

We all get buoyed when players “choose us” and sign a long term contract. Feels like in future the exciting media release should have an asterisk. Ours for the next three years!!***

***unless better offer materialises
    If this is about money it really is unsettling.. I thought Dunks was invested in more than that. I can't believe Dunkley would want to go that in progress Dumpster fire of a club...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If this is about money it really is unsettling.. I thought Dunks was invested in more than that. I can't believe Dunkley would want to go that in progress Dumpster fire of a club...
    I'm with you. Doesn't seem to add up does it, well, the dollars might.
    I'd say Bevo might be taken aback considering his well publicised fondness for Josh.
    It has to be a godfather deal.

Post Thanks / Like

This from Fox Sports. You can't even make this stuff up.

In summary:
    -We need to get on our skates to keep a contracted player, but we're also in no rush
    -The club that went after Dunkley also had him fall in their laps
    -Dunkley hasn't requested a trade yet has told the bulldogs he wants out.

Top shelf journalism right here.

DONS BELIEVE DUNKLEY’S HOME FOR 2021 IS TULLAMARINE

The Western Bulldogs need to get on their skates to keep gun onballer Josh Dunkley at the club for 2021.

Despite being contracted, Dunkley is leaning towards requesting a trade to Essendon.

According to SEN’s Sam Edmund, the Bulldogs are aware of his thoughts and now have two weeks to keep him at the club, despite CEO Ameet Bains’ stance that he will not be leaving in trade period.

“The Western Bulldogs, I reckon have got two weeks to convince Josh Dunkley that his future lies at Whitten Oval,” he said on SEN's Whateley.

“Dunkley wants to play for Essendon next year and the Bombers actually believe he’s told his teammates and other Dogs people that he wants to leave.

While Dunkley hasn’t formally submitted a trade request yet, the Dogs are aware he wants out with two years to run on his contract.

“It’s one for Essendon that has almost fallen into their lap... they’re sitting back to see what happens with Dunkley.

The Dogs are in no rush, there’s six days until the trade period start. They will put the shutters up now and say there’s nothing to see here.”

The Bombers have a big war-chest with plenty of cash to burn, with midfielder Jye Caldwell requesting a trade to Tullamarine.

So we need to get our skates but are in no rush ?
    Isn’t that an each way bet ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The only attractions for Dunks are money and midfield time. They have a new rookie coach; have departed ways with their head of operations and as far away from premiership as Antartica is from the Equator. If it is money and midfield time that he wants well there you are son, but if it is stability, growth and the opportunity for success then the answer is simple.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a heavy heart at the idea of any of the reasons he would wish to leave.

If a guy like him can be an out-and-out mercenary. then much of the rationale for us sticking fat in tough times, loyally supporting our team no matter what, is empty.

If it's also because we are unable to sell him a vision of a successful club that is close to premiership contention, this is deeply troubling, especially given the recent history of the club he may be choosing.

If disillusionment with Bevo's coaching strategies and the peculiar ruck setup is part of it, I find it unlikely that this would be something that isn't a regular topic of disaffection, dissent and grumbling among that group with which Dunkley is tight ie the solid core of 'good blokes', Wally, Crozier and his best mate Bont. That sort of chatter can so easily become poisonous within a group.

None of these reasons inspire a sense of optimism about this whole wretched scenario.
    Yep. It can only reflect extremely poorly on the club if a player of Dunkley's quality, character and age profile makes a voluntary decision, 2 years out from his contract expiring, to leave the club. It is even worse when you consider the disaster zone that is his supposed destination.

I hope good sense and judgment prevails but I am not filled with optimism.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if something happened in the hub?

I'd be amazed if there was not conflict of some sort between the players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Dont believe everything you hear. Dusty offer wasnt that good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    Yes and I think he actually went back to The tigers with a lesser offer than the original.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it Norf though?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    More Shite from the media, ( where a poo icon when needed ? )
    How has he fallen into the scums lap ?
    We either get a great deal, shop him around, he plays for us or sits out two years of footy.
    And sits out without pay. He's contracted to play footy with us. Essendon can't pay not to pay footy.

This from Fox Sports. You can't even make this stuff up.

In summary:
    -We need to get on our skates to keep a contracted player, but we're also in no rush
    -The club that went after Dunkley also had him fall in their laps
    -Dunkley hasn't requested a trade yet has told the bulldogs he wants out.

Top shelf journalism right here.

DONS BELIEVE DUNKLEY’S HOME FOR 2021 IS TULLAMARINE

The Western Bulldogs need to get on their skates to keep gun onballer Josh Dunkley at the club for 2021.

Despite being contracted, Dunkley is leaning towards requesting a trade to Essendon.

According to SEN’s Sam Edmund, the Bulldogs are aware of his thoughts and now have two weeks to keep him at the club, despite CEO Ameet Bains’ stance that he will not be leaving in trade period.

“The Western Bulldogs, I reckon have got two weeks to convince Josh Dunkley that his future lies at Whitten Oval,” he said on SEN's Whateley.

“Dunkley wants to play for Essendon next year and the Bombers actually believe he’s told his teammates and other Dogs people that he wants to leave.

While Dunkley hasn’t formally submitted a trade request yet, the Dogs are aware he wants out with two years to run on his contract.

“It’s one for Essendon that has almost fallen into their lap... they’re sitting back to see what happens with Dunkley.

The Dogs are in no rush, there’s six days until the trade period start. They will put the shutters up now and say there’s nothing to see here.”

The Bombers have a big war-chest with plenty of cash to burn, with midfielder Jye Caldwell requesting a trade to Tullamarine.
    Apart from the fact the article appears to be written by a 7yo, take any form of media that begins with "Fox" anything with a huge grain of salt. It's not in the business of disseminating accurate information it's in the business of making stuff up for clickbait.

North offered 600k a year from what I've heard. It was a bit back then but Dusty pretty much went back to Richmond with his tail between his legs. As it turned out it was the best thing that could have happened to him but I doubt he was thinking that at the time.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And sits out without pay. He's contracted to play footy with us. Essendon can't pay not to pay footy.

Apart from the fact the article appears to be written by a 7yo, take any form of media that begins with "Fox" anything with a huge grain of salt. It's not in the business of disseminating accurate information it's in the business of making stuff up for clickbait.

North offered 600k a year from what I've heard. It was a bit back then but Dusty pretty much went back to Richmond with his tail between his legs. As it turned out it was the best thing that could have happened to him but I doubt he was thinking that at the time.
    And that is the point I made the other day, regarding Chris Grant staying all those years ago. If Dunks decided himself to stay (v. the Club saying he has to stay because of the Contract) he will go up another level (as Rick Kennedy predicted with Turtle at the end of 1996).

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Martin’s manager explains why he rejected staggering $11m mega deals

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.