Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 49 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I’d be furious with a first round pick that gets chewed up entirely in points with a player we are already guaranteed in the draft.
    He’s clearly getting his info from Essendon. I’m not saying there is no truth in it, but everything skews to the way Essendon want it to happen. And you’re right, if he was out of contract then pick 6-8 would probably do it under different circumstances but he’s not and an early pick is worth bugger all to us this year. It wouldn’t even help us get Finley Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone realise it’s the same story as the first one a week ago just reworded .. not even updated except his opinion.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it'll be a future first round pick.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Maybe it'll be a future first round pick.
    The can't trade their first round pick next year unless they get another via a trade
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Pick six, seven or eight we could use to on-trade for a player of need but I'd be expecting an additional player or future second in addition to that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hope Bevo gives this flog the Barrett treatment hence forth.

Tom Browne's source is Tom Browne but from a couple of days ago.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Any pick in the first round will be traded for points in the 2nd round. We Just need to sit this one out and not fold to any pressure. I'm still confident Dunks will be a Bulldog in 2021
    I wish that I could share your confidence. Somehow the media seem to be able to generate pressure to get these sort of deals both underway, and done. Do we know for certain that Dunks wants out ? I have seen nothing concrete to suggest that, other than suspect media speculation.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s hope Cameron goes in the draft and Adelaide take him first pick.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    He’s clearly getting his info from Essendon. I’m not saying there is no truth in it, but everything skews to the way Essendon want it to happen. And you’re right, if he was out of contract then pick 6-8 would probably do it under different circumstances but he’s not and an early pick is worth bugger all to us this year. It wouldn’t even help us get Finley Macrae
    He works with Watson on the 7News.

As painful as the radio silence is from our side it’s the way to play it. Give em nothing. They need this to happen more than we have interest. If and when Dunks requests a trade that goes public we still play the same hand. I love it that the likes of Tom Browne are pushing an agenda, whether this is as much lead by click-bait copy, where he has no idea the cards that we will play. It’s a good way for us to check in with their rising levels of desperation, including their fan base.

Personally, I wouldn’t be raising an eyelid to it. WE determine our minimum before agreeing to speak terms with them, which of course must be overs. This should be nothing to do with us presenting or working towards a fair deal for Essendon. And it’s not like there’s any threat of Dunks moving next year. He’s locked into 2 years with us. Pickering won’t want this to play out in the press either, certainly not before he’s comfortable that there is a trade that will satisfy us. If Dunks does formally request a trade, then we do have a perfect opportunity to set ourselves up. Set them a deadline, and if they come up short, shut it all down so that we don’t disrupt our own focus on the trade period. Send a message out to convey our love for Dunks, and that we are confident that he will come to see himself as a Bulldog for Life.

It’s as if they see it that we are somehow obligated to make this happen for them and indeed Dunks if he does request to leave the kennel. Go back twelve months and see how obligated Essendon saw it to grant Francis and Daniher an escape from their contracts, and that’s from a legitimate sh..hole where Connor McKenna couldn’t wait to escape their spongy matting to a land where COVID is running rampant.
    Last edited by Doc26; 01-11-2020 at 05:34 PM.

11. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm gonna reserve my comments til confirmation of a decision.

But if we've extended..I'm pretty happy.....any curmudgeonly F$%^er who has an issue with a renogiation.. we'll tango post announcement...
    I'm leading with my chin....Josh may announce his leaving to the Bombers.....
    Come at me..........
    I like this. I like this alot.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I am certain of is that Dunkley, if he does want to move, doesn't have a specific desire to play for Essendon, but rather has a desire to play for Essendon under the terms of the contract and/or role they've offered. There's no shot that he has looked at the club and become enamoured with their direction, their culture or their playing group, and its not like after two years he'll sprint into their waiting arms if other offers are around.

If a first round pick is the best they can do then we simply must hold firm.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tom Papley's dad

https://www.facebook.com/AFLTRDON/po...0287197037903/

Tom Browne is a Silver spoon fed Dodoro sycophant.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Callum Twomey.

Essendon's pursuit of Josh Dunkley looks like heating up, while the Dockers eye off a speedy Cat and several quality players remain unsigned for 2021.
    THE STANDOFF between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon will head into the start of this week's Trade Period with star midfielder Josh Dunkley yet to request a trade.

Dunkley has been weighing up a lucrative long-term deal from the Bombers despite having two years to run on his contract with the Bulldogs, where he played in the 2016 premiership.

He has been considering the Bombers' approach, with Essendon's pitch to the 23-year-old including its interest in selecting his brother – and former Demon – Kyle as a delisted free agent.

But Dunkley has not asked the Dogs to be traded to Essendon, despite the Bombers' growing suite of early draft picks giving it plenty of cards to make things happen.

INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand

The Bombers hold pick No.6 and now No.7 after accepting the free agency compensation for Joe Daniher's move to Brisbane, and are also targeting pick No.8 as part of the deal for Adam Saad.

Although the Dogs have made it clear they will not entertain a trade for Dunkley, draft picks also have less value for the club given their selections will be absorbed by matching a bid for top Next Generation Academy talent Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, who is expected to attract a bid inside the opening few selections. – Callum Twomey

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

17. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Article above also says we enquired about McEvoy but were told to piss off, and that we are interested in Darcy Fort.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

19. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Article above also says we enquired about McEvoy but were told to piss off, and that we are interested in Darcy Fort.
    Well at least it’s clear we have that interest.