Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 51 of 263 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Mitch Cleary and Brendon Goddard speaking about Dunkley this morning here https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/912...ode/752587.mp3

It's a reasoned discussion. Summary

- From what Goddard knows it has legs, Josh has some issues with the club apparently (doesn't go into any detail so hard to know if true) and is receptive to a move.
    - Players unlikely to go public now due to Daniher, Papley situations last season. So Josh won't request trade unless a good deal has already been arranged.
    - We don't want picks as absorbed by NGA bid (Jamarra)
    - Came about through contacting managers of targeted players and there was some interest from Josh's camp
    - Rate it unlikely as Dogs adamant not happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Mitch Cleary and Brendon Goddard speaking about Dunkley this morning here https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/912...ode/752587.mp3

It's a reasoned discussion. Summary

- From what Goddard knows it has legs, Josh has some issues with the club apparently (doesn't go into any detail so hard to know if true) and is receptive to a move.
    - Players unlikely to go public now due to Daniher, Papley situations last season. So Josh won't request trade unless a good deal has already been arranged.
    - We don't want picks as absorbed by NGA bid (Jamarra)
    - Came about through contacting managers of targeted players and there was some interest from Josh's camp
    - Rate it unlikely as Dogs adamant not happening.
    Everyone has a theory.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder where he's getting his inside information from...……….definitely wouldn't be the club he most recently played for.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes bornadog, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wonder where he's getting his inside information from...……….definitely wouldn't be the club he most recently played for.
    I listened to it and he was pretty balanced to be honest. They all laughed at the suggestion that the deal could be done for a single first and Goddard all but said his intel was coming from Essendon directly
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Thanks jeemak, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes Doc26, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I listened to it and he was pretty balanced to be honest. They all laughed at the suggestion that the deal could be done for a single first and Goddard all but said his intel was coming from Essendon directly
    Yes agree HD, it was a pretty measured discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

*delete*
    Last edited by Doc26; 02-11-2020 at 04:28 PM. Reason: duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be quite a shift in the AFL media tone today from what has been previously been a fait accompli of Dunks moving to Essendon. Sounds like our stance of not moving on it is starting to hit the spot which is where we need it to be to see just how far the Bombers are prepared to go.

10. Likes Twodogs, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    There seems to be quite a shift in the AFL media tone today from what has been previously been a fait accompli of Dunks moving to Essendon. Sounds like our stance of not moving on it is starting to hit the spot which is where we need it to be to see just how far the Bombers are prepared to go.
    Most of the media are Essendon centric.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yep plus a general mentality that the 'big' clubs have some right of passage over the lesser lights. We hold all the cards in this, and I hope we play it out all the way to our strength.

13. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Isn’t there a post somewhere detailing who in the media goes for each team? It would be good to revisit it.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Isn’t there a post somewhere detailing who in the media goes for each team? It would be good to revisit it.
    I'm not sure but I think Mark Stevens supports us, I'm not sure that has been confirmed though. Twodogs may have mentioned it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure but I think Mark Stevens supports us, I'm not sure that has been confirmed though. Twodogs may have mentioned it
    He does a good job of hiding it, Stevo. Very impartial, barely has a thing to say about the Dogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Doc26, Templeton31, Topdog, Sedat, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He does a good job of hiding it, Stevo. Very impartial, barely has a thing to say about the Dogs.
    Now that you mention it he does get a few exclusives for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Yep plus a general mentality that the 'big' clubs have some right of passage over the lesser lights. We hold all the cards in this, and I hope we play it out all the way to our strength.
    Contracts involve the law and the law is blind. It doesn't care about big clubs or little clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Stevo is as fanatical a bulldog supporter as you and I. I've sat at the media table with him at the club's Season Launch a couple of times. He's a really nice guy.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Stevo is as fanatical a bulldog supporter as you and I. I've sat at the media table with him at the club's Season Launch a couple of times. He's a really nice guy.
    I played Golf with him and Bob Murphy, and can confirm a nice bloke.