Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 53 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

It's interesting. I wonder why it's such a huge issue now and it wasn't a year ago in June when he re-signed. Hmm what's different. Couldn't be more money could it? I'm dubious about this. Are we suggesting Marcus as captain is OK with this purported behaviour?

2. Likes Testekill, 1eyedog, SquirrelGrip, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's interesting. I wonder why it's such a huge issue now and it wasn't a year ago in June when he re-signed. Hmm what's different. Couldn't be more money could it? I'm dubious about this. Are we suggesting Marcus as captain is OK with this purported behaviour?
    Perhaps he thought the issues would be addressed and they haven't been or perhaps being in a hub for months highlighted the issue more

Will be interesting to see how this plays out now
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Perhaps he thought the issues would be addressed and they haven't been or perhaps being in a hub for months highlighted the issue more

I said a bit earlier in this thread Dunkley will be traded. This was before reading the Fox footy comments.

If the comments are true it is really disappointing and perhaps our leadership outside of the playing group isn’t as strong as we think.l (Bevo, Baines, Gordon, Grant).
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

It's a good point re the hubs, they would really put relationships under the microscope.
    I know it's all hearsay at the moment, but if any of this is true I'd be signing renowned over trainer B.Smith on a five year deal yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I said a bit earlier in this thread Dunkley will be traded. This was before reading the Fox footy comments.

If the comments are true it is really disappointing and perhaps our leadership outside of the playing group isn’t as strong as we think.l (Bevo, Baines, Gordon, Grant).
    I still don't think it will force a trade but if there is some merit in their comments it could be a catalyst of change that many of us feel is overdue. I'm not fazed by all this but if it opens up some honest communication that can't be a bad thing

7. Likes Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Well that makes sense now. He wants to go where professionalism seeps out like Thymosin from a dodgy Dank clinic and players have physiques akin to Adonis himself!

Stringer is the only person in the world who could star as both leads in that 1980's TV cop show 'Jake and the Fatman'
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been spoken about quite a bit but Dunks is best mates with our captain. Surely if there were work ethic issues the captain would be either having his own concerns or trying to address it.

10. Likes Dry Rot, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The trading day show highlighted 3 issues for Dunkley

1) A lack of midfield time
    2) The Essendon offer is a good one
    3) The professionalism of some in the group

Does the club now need to come out and address this?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    My gut reaction says "Libba", but given how good he was this year and how fit he looked I can't really reconcile that.

Who could it be then (if true, if course).
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

If any of this unrest is true you’d have to think Hunter given the other rumours circulating. That article seems suss though. Dunkley the rookie a few years ago was calling out unprofessional behaviour?

Like always the case the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. No doubt we have issues to address. We’ve been stagnant for too long. Like GVG said this could be a good thing as it’ll bring any issues to the surface and perhaps force things into action. This could be an interesting trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

I call this as garbage designed to unsettle the club.

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.
    Funny how this is only now coming out. Like they’ve gotten sick of saying the usual garbage of he doesn’t like playing ruck.

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's true you'd imagine he may not be the most popular guy within the group. Maybe the teachers pet comments by his team mates were of a snide nature.
    Where would this information come from? Pickering? Like others im not thinking this is a major concern for the club, doesn't mean it's not a major concern from Josh's perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    BS story made up by Morris - making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    My gut reaction says "Libba", but given how good he was this year and how fit he looked I can't really reconcile that.

Who could it be then (if true, if course).
    Libba one of the best trainers at the club - from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Agree, it is garbage. If Dunks had issues, he wouldn't have extended last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes 1eyedog liked this post