Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 60 of 263 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Based on?
    He’s botched this, he’s probably headhunted Bruce, and his trade record at the Saints is woeful.

I mean I’m just talking here but want to know if I’m crazy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it’s posturing to get more years + $s with us? Didn’t see it but wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened in professional sport and certainly won’t be the last. Maybe that’s what is being worked out over the next few days.

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the snippets of the airport interview. For those if you they have not seen them.....

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/josh-...alks-c-1511521

I agree with those that have interpreted it as he wants to go to Bummers.

Head scratcher he’d want to go them.

If he wants extension of contract on bigger $ not sure he’d answer Q’s the way he has.

6. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So what is everyone’s preference here?

1) Dunks isn’t worth what Essendon are offering so let him go for suitable compensation
    2) Dunks is worth too much to us. Offer him the $$$ he wants so he stays.
    Interesting conundrum. Kinda sucks but we need to make this benefit us. Is Dunkley a required player? Yes, however in saying that we have others in the midfield that can play a similar role. We need to focus on our weaknesses and somehow draft in a key defender, ruck/ forward or a speedy midfielder at the very least with a future round 1 draft pick.

The worst part of this is that a key player wants away from a club. The main reason has to be the coin $200k pa is significant and will set him up after football. Is this the only reason he is leaving? Probably the main but not the only. We need to understand what some of the other issues are address them pronto. FThis gives us a chance to review a number of aspects of the football club incl coaching, player development, football department, leadership and most importantly team selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched. Hard to say when half the questions have been cut. I’m not convinced he’s leaving.

9. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to read it that it is too good a deal to refuse from the bombers. Doesn’t appear to be any issue with the club.

It’s a tricky one for us because he is one of our few mids with any flexibility, numbers may have dropped but importance didn’t. Beveridge used him as he should have in my view with the players we had at our disposal. Having said that going forward you could make a case for him to really own the midfield with an injury free run.

Something needs to change in that midfield mix and maybe it’s Bont going forward more but we can only do this if we have Dunkley. I would suggest we hold firm unless we get exactly what we want.

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He’s botched this, he’s probably headhunted Bruce, and his trade record at the Saints is woeful.

I mean I’m just talking here but want to know if I’m crazy.
    I don’t follow. Surely this can only be judged at the end, nothing has actually happened yet other than us saying we won’t trade him. What else can he do?

Not sure we can pin Bruce’s complete loss of form on him. We also don’t know how much he even had to do with his recruitment.

I’ve got no idea if he’s good, bad or otherwise at his job but nothing he’s done to date causes me to doubt him.

Post Thanks / Like

That doesnt change my thoughts on anything. It was clear he was interested otherwise he wouldve quashed it quickly a week ago.
    We get a good deal or he stays. Future first and Tippa.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeya Josh.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley for Merrett *!*!*!*! it. We play a game tomorrow and Merrett is probably a better player.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You would have to think the club would have contracted him and mentioned the media could be there
    I think they would have likely, but I’m not sure they would have had much control over the message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Just watched. Hard to say when half the questions have been cut. I’m not convinced he’s leaving.
    Same here, we will at least have a discussion over money with him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dunkley for Merrett *!*!*!*! it. We play a game tomorrow and Merrett is probably a better player.
    I will be really disappointed if we let Dunkley go for anything less than an outcome that significantly improves our club and our prospects.

Dunkley is a leader, young and only coming into his prime years and contracted for 2 more years.

My fundamental position is piss off Essendon, and anyone else who thinks they can snatch long term signed players.

Short of a once in a lifetime offer, Essendon should be told to 'jog on'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I will be really disappointed if we let Dunkley go for anything less than an outcome that significantly improves our club and our prospects.

Dunkley is a leader, young and only coming into his prime years and contracted for 2 more years.

My fundamental position is piss off Essendon, and anyone else who thinks they can snatch long term signed players.

Short of a once in a lifetime offer, Essendon should be told to 'jog on'.
    My position exactly. Otherwise how long before WA teams throw the bank at English and Naughton, Hawks go for Smith. It's a line in the sand moment. One year left on the contract I'm more amenable, two... The audacity of this raid is infuriating.

20. Likes azabob, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is having a bit each way.

If Dogs let him go, awesome $$ and security.

If not, he hasn't burnt too many bridges.

22. Likes dog town, Topdog liked this post