Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 70 of 263 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So Dunkley views himself as at a minimum the third best and third most important midfielder at our club, but the club views him in his mind as the fourth.

He wants to go to a club where he is considered the best, and isn't having to be a role player.

Oh.....and there's the small matter of the money.

I'm actually OK with all of that. And I also think we hold firm for a massive massive over-payment from EFC or he stays and plays where and how we want him to.

This hasn't put any more pressure on us. The pressure on EFC to get the deal done now is astronomical.
    He has never said he thinks he’s the best or even third or sixth best. What he said through Pickering is that he wants to be the main man and would have that opportunity at the Dodos. Maybe he realises how much better our other mids are and he won’t ever be that with us?

But you are also right in that the pressure is all on them and it is indeed astronomical.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    He has never said he thinks he’s the best or even third or sixth best. What he said through Pickering is that he wants to be the main man and would have that opportunity at the Dodos. Maybe he realises how much better our other mids are and he won’t ever be that with us?

But you are also right in that the pressure is all on them and it is indeed astronomical.
    Would he be the main man in front of Merrett and Shiel, I seriously doubt it.

$$$$$$$$$$$

And that's OK. It's a job. But, loyalty goes both ways so buh bye Josh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We should pick his brother up if he leaves.
    One of his reasons for going to Essendon, besides the money, is Essendon promised him they would recruit his brother.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We should pick his brother up if he leaves.
    Love it.

5. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would he be the main man in front of Merrett and Shiel, I seriously doubt it.

$$$$$$$$$$$

And that's OK. It's a job. But, loyalty goes both ways so buh bye Josh.
    They ain’t Bont and Macrae.

7. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's many moving parts here and I don't believe it's any ONE factor which leads to this.

Money - it's a big pay day. Main factor? Probably, but many-a-player has turned down big contracts for loyalty and team success of which now he hasn't done.

Positional - No doubt he didn't like playing second ruck and wants to be first mid.

Bevo - Sorry mate, but you're a factor in this one. Playing one of our best mids as second ruck was idiotic.

Opportunity - He can look after his brother financially.

Disappointing and I'd really question Dunkley as a leader now. In fact I'll say it straight - you're not a leader's ass, Josh. A real leader doesn't run for money, sook over playing varying positions and put himself before the team which is EXACTLY what he's doing by requesting a trade.

Looking at it objectively, we can maybe afford to trade him IF we get a deal we like. I'm not sure we should ask for any draft pick - a future first, maybe, but I think I'd rather try and target the combo of Treloar and Stephenson for Dunkley. We need talent that can contribute NOW, not a stab-in-the-dark and look-how-young-we-are draft pick.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD, Grantysghost, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So disappointing from Dunks.
    I fear we will be worse off with him leaving, if we cave.
    We do hold the whip hand, and I sincerely hope we stick to our guns.
    I will be livid if we somehow blink and wind up with Treloar or Stephenson.
    Dunks you're here for 2 more years, make the most of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post

Possibly you're right. But I'd not be surprised if some of the triggering for looking elsewhere is coming from think HE should be a main midfielder for us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So disappointing from Dunks.
    I fear we will be worse off with him leaving, if we cave.
    We do hold the whip hand, and I sincerely hope we stick to our guns.
    Dunks you're here for 2 more years, make the most of it.
    Really? I'd be rapt if we got Treloar for Dunkley, he's exactly what we need.

Dunkley said a lot by saying nothing the other day, I knew he wanted to go and like I said the other day good riddance. We need to make the most out of this and get some much needed polish into this team and not just settle for a pick.

14. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty disappointed in Dunkley, he is one of the last players I would've expected to put their hand up for this. I hope he knows what he is getting himself into, Essendon are a joke. If he is worried about unprofessionalism he's gonna love going to a club that employs Jake Stringer and is happy to draft players purely because their brother is on the list and not because they've earned it (Kyle reportedly).

We need to at a minimum get their 2021 first rounder as well as another first rounder either this year or next, and use that latter pick to improve our list not merely replace Dunkley.

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I have a feeling dodo will win this one over power. I’m thinking pick 7 will do it. We will fold under the pressure. And it will be done so late in the friggin trade period, that we will be stuck with pick 7 and it will be sucked up with Jamarra. Yep I know this is worse case scenario, but this IS the dogs I’m talking about.
    We won't be stuck with it as such because trade period ending is only the point where you can't trade players anymore, draft picks (including future ones) can be traded up until you use them, so pick 7 could be traded at any point should we receive it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Agreed, if we parlay Dunkley into those 2, I'll be unhappy as neither really address the huge structural issues we have (and Stephenson in particular is almost as flaky as Bailey Dale).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Pretty disappointed in Dunkley, he is one of the last players I would've expected to put their hand up for this. I hope he knows what he is getting himself into, Essendon are a joke. If he is worried about unprofessionalism he's gonna love going to a club that employs Jake Stringer and is happy to draft players purely because their brother is on the list and not because they've earned it (Kyle reportedly).
    Maybe he'll learn 'the grass isn't always greener on the other side' lesson. But it will be too late.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just venting ...

Clear-eyed me can comprehend the nuts and bolts of what's brought us here.

But filthy me is seething we're vulnerable to a rival, let alone those detestable pricks, just waltzing in and poaching a young member of our core.

It's okay though, we're getting Mitch Hannan.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Maybe he'll learn 'the grass isn't always greener on the other side' lesson. But it will be too late.
    Yeah but the floors are softer. Luxuriantly so.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

We are gonna absolutely raped in this deal. We dont ever seem to hold people to contracts. I hope power has a set of nuts

23. Likes DOG GOD liked this post