Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 71 of 263 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Disappointing and I'd really question Dunkley as a leader now. In fact I'll say it straight - you're not a leader's ass, Josh. A real leader doesn't run for money, sook over playing varying positions and put himself before the team which is EXACTLY what he's doing by requesting a trade.
    Yeah, I always thought of Dunkley as the type that would crawl over glass to be successful and he plays to win flags. Now I KNOW he's leaving for money, but coming out publicly and saying he's leaving because he wants to be the main midfielder just reeks.

One of the worst reasons for leaving I've heard.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Just venting ...

Clear-eyed me can comprehend the nuts and bolts of what's brought us here.

But filthy me is seething we're vulnerable to a rival, let alone those detestable pricks, just waltzing in and poaching a young member of our core.

It's okay though, we're getting Mitch Hannan.
    And Lonie probably.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a money thing. If he went to the coach and said ill stay if i can play here. And coach rates him highly he would get what he wanted . They better make this shit work. Plenty of pissed of supporters if we get played

Post Thanks / Like

I say this most trade seasons..... absolutely gutted.

The first game I remember clearly was against the Dees, on my fifth birthday. We were thrashed, and I went home in tears. But I kept the faith, really had no choice, the Bulldogs were family. The seasons came and went and It got to the stage I thought I would never see a Premiership (other than the old night comp) come the way of the "Dogs in my life time. Then came 2014, and the reserves premiership. When the player banner was unfurled referring to the 1924 VFA Premiership, it was again tears. My Grandad saw that 1924 game, and the Victorian Championship win (against Essendon), it was family folklore. It hurt he was no longer here to share the win.

As supporters its hard to see the casual way loyalty is traded for the dollar. We are supporters for life, generations in fact. Players come and go. Its just a shame those that chase the dollar have never known the love of the club that most supporters feel. We might be critical of some of its decisions, and acknowledge that sometimes the club gets it wrong. But we will never leave, not while we still have the breath to make it to the ground and yell support for OUR players.

Dunks, the fact you have asked to be traded, will forever taint your place in Bulldog history, premiership team member or not. I hope the extra money is worth that. Personally I hope the club holds on to you, and sits you on the bench, to watch the season with the rest of us.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Let’s turn this into a massive win. Quoting Alice Cooper “We got the Power!!”.

Great opp for Lippy and Westy to show us what they are made of as inside midfielders.

Could be the makings of premiership number 3 if we can turn this into ready to go player or two plus a 2021 high draft pick which I understand is supposed to be a cracker draft.

Need to re-sign Bont and Smith to long term deals soon.

And note to el supremo Mr Beveridge: - please address our ruck problem pronto.

This is exactly what needs to happen. Good calls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    Its a money thing. If he went to the coach and said ill stay if i can play here. And coach rates him highly he would get what he wanted . They better make this shit work. Plenty of pissed of supporters if we get played
    If he did that I would be trading him without hesitation. The players don't make those decisions. Every backpocket is a midfielder in their dreams.

8. Likes WBFC4FFC, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually buy his reasoning about not wanting to play ruck and wanting to be in a position to be the lead horse. The money is probably the main motivating factor but the other stuff is more believable than moving to Geelong for family reasons or something.

At any rate, Dunkley is good and definitely better than Shiel, and the Bombers know it. I really hope we realise there's no reason we have to trade him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also if we end up with Hurley and/or Hooker I'm changing teams.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DIsappointing. Ok Josh go and play with Stringer. There are 16 better clubs you could choose other than that rabble. You follow in the footsteps of the likes of the other mercenaries like Ward and Griffin. Oh, and Chris Grant has more loyalty in one fingernail than you have demonstrated. Shut the door on your way out.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can still keep him if a deal can’t be done but I suppose it wouldn’t help us to have an unwilling player

16. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole "Give your brother a spot on the list if you come to us" really is disgusting. I'm surprised this has been lost on so many. It's like GWS giving Scully's Dad a spot on the list when he went over there. It's so close to cheating, gross. We better sign up Jack Macrae's bro or he'll go somewhere else as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So Essendon have been chatting to Dunks for months. We brought this on. Why didn’t the bombers go for an out of contract Jack Steele?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Let’s turn this into a massive win. Quoting Alice Cooper “We got the Power!!”.
    Gorillaz I reckon.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I’m Not Bitter Anymore! View Post
    We can still keep him if a deal can’t be done but I suppose it wouldn’t help us to have an unwilling player
    Lets get the best deal and move on. What an opportunity for West and Lippa to step up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I actually buy his reasoning about not wanting to play ruck and wanting to be in a position to be the lead horse. The money is probably the main motivating factor but the other stuff is more believable than moving to Geelong for family reasons or something.

At any rate, Dunkley is good and definitely better than Shiel, and the Bombers know it. I really hope we realise there's no reason we have to trade him.
    we’ll, why didn’t we use him in that role so we got maximum value ? His first ruck contest was in his first game and in 5 years he has never looked comfortable there. I hope he is going for the money, otherwise someone else should be going too.

(We have also seen Bont and Macrae in ruck contests, and they looked equally uncomfortable.)