Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 77 of 263 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    This is an incredible opportunity, as much as it hurts to lose Dunkley.
    Absolutely! Midfield bats pretty deep (Dunks probably does have legit concerns re: midfield time)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    As far as I am concerned Dunkley is no longer a bulldog. If he is made to stay he can play VFL all year for all I care, his credibility is now zero.
    He’ll certainly get his precious midfield time in the VFL.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want to lose Dunkley. I think he's a better player than Libba and we got the mix wrong.

We should only trade him if they present something that makes us do it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I really don't want to lose Dunkley. I think he's a better player than Libba and we got the mix wrong.

We should only trade him if they present something that makes us do it.
    I'm not sure he's better than Libba, but he's definitely got more good footy left in him than Libba.

Libba getting through 2020 unscathed was a minor miracle and no doubt assisted by the shorter games and reduced season. I doubt we get another full season out of him again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm not sure he's better than Libba, but he's definitely got more good footy left in him than Libba.

Libba getting through 2020 unscathed was a minor miracle and no doubt assisted by the shorter games and reduced season. I doubt we get another full season out of him again.
    Can Lipinski be our next inside beast (after Libba - he’s not quite best 22 for mine RN)

Don’t like Paddy on the outside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Can Lipinski be our next inside beast (after Libba - he’s not quite best 22 for mine RN)

Pat would really need to improve his defensive pressure and ability to stick tackles if he were to transition to this role. He was a veritable witches hat this year defensively.

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Essendon are trying to get their hands on a 2021 Rd 1 pick, probably with the view of using it as part of a Dunkley trade given that a first rounder next year holds more value for us than one this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Looks like Essendon are trying to get their hands on a 2021 Rd 1 pick, probably with the view of using it as part of a Dunkley trade given that a first rounder next year holds more value for us than one this year.
    I hope they really stretch to get one and then we say nah.

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    First this year and next, and we turn this years first two picks into a player or two + points for Jamarra and hold two firsts into next year.

We need to be working the phones to work out who is "gettable". I'd be making a call to Ben McKay at North for a KPD post to start with.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I want a player. I know professional sports are all about being good at some arbitrary point in the future but with the state of our list we should aim to be good now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

As YHF mentioned, Lippa's tackling can be woeful but on the plus side, when switched on his cleanliness in close is very nice and his best attribute so if Dunkley goes, he'd be a decent fall back.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Lipinski is a solid (potentially really good) link up player who covers the ground well, is clean with the ball and uses it constructively and positively. He has shown he can do this, his big issues atm are that he is not a good inside mid, he goes missing in big games (see the final) and most frustratingly in seemingly every game has multiple moments where he is brushed aside and fails to execute an important defensive effort.

Next on the depth chart to take Dunkleys role as second string mid are:
    -West, who lacks size but has tenacity and has already rolled through there.
    -Williams, has shown signs there before as a good inout guy and has even done a preseason as a mid but I would be very reluctant to take him out of defence where he is finally clicking, although this would help us solve the issue of how to fit 26 HBFs in the same team.
    -Garcia, seems to be highly rated and put in some promising performances in the scratch matches but has yet to play a game and is probably way too small for a proper midfield role.
    -Jong, is the most physically similiar to Dunkley but way more injury prone and no where near as good. Decent stop gap i guess.

Other possible candidates would have been Wallis (but he has been a poor mid for years now and is an excellent forward so no), McLean (out for the year and has been pretty underhwelming aside from a couple of games so no) and Gowers (Dangerfield the second, but no).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Pat would really need to improve his defensive pressure and ability to stick tackles if he were to transition to this role. He was a veritable witches hat this year defensively.
    Agree totally - think he has the physical frame to get even bigger and hopefully start sticking tackles & winning more ball on the inside.

He’s not best 22 right now in my eyes, but another pre-season could see him step up.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.jkl-d.com/

Has Josh done his due diligence of Essendon? He’s either not very bright or extremely insulated in his family because nothing lines up with his apparent values and playing for Essendon. I seriously just don’t get it. I’m sure we could bridge the money gap enough to convince him to stay. Something else must be going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot about Jong soupaman, good call