Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 78 of 263 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    https://www.jkl-d.com/

has josh done his due diligence of essendon? He’s either not very bright or extremely insulated in his family because nothing lines up with his apparent values and playing for essendon. I seriously just don’t get it. I’m sure we could bridge the money gap enough to convince him to stay. Something else must be going on.
    money.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about it the more I don't want the club to trade Dunkley. He is on a 2 year contract by heavens. Looking at the big picture it is a shocking look to the group that if they want to leave, even on a contract, that you won't have a problem. The ripple affect could be terrible for us. Who knows.

This has to be a line in the sand moment for our club. I want us to be like Sydney last year with Papley and he wanted to go home. Dunkley only wants to move suburbs. This is not a go home factor. Even the Bummers wouldn't trade Daniher last year. Plenty of players have wanted to go but end their career with the initial club. Dunkley would be a ten year player with the Bummers and definitely captain material.

Over the years I have seen a number of players leave us. From Wee Georgie, David Thorpe, Dempsey, Huppatz, McGuiness, Quinlan, Round, Templeton, Ward, Griffen and many more. I am sick off it. Furthermore players on contracts should not be allowed to dictate to the club.

So suck it up Josh. Think about that letter you wrote about Bevo not going. Don't be a hypocrite. I'm sure all the players and supporters will welcome you back.

3. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Jeanette54, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    https://www.jkl-d.com/

Has Josh done his due diligence of Essendon? He’s either not very bright or extremely insulated in his family because nothing lines up with his apparent values and playing for Essendon. I seriously just don’t get it. I’m sure we could bridge the money gap enough to convince him to stay. Something else must be going on.
    So, that web page is pretty weird. Although it may shine a light on why being the "main man" is very important to Josh himself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So, that web page is pretty weird. Although it may shine a light on why being the "main man" is very important to Josh himself.
    Really really weird. Now that he's sacked us I look forward to bagging him about it heaps.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Josh is an Alpha male and wants to be head honcho. We can't give him that because we have better players than Essendon. Look at it as a compliment.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Really really weird. Now that he's sacked us I look forward to bagging him about it heaps.
    It's the weirdest thing I've seen on the internet for a good week, and I go internetting quite regularly.

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can just imagine business meetings around the family dinner table: "look, if I go to Essendon and they let you tag along, imagine the exposure our website will get. It just makes sense!"
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we somehow trade him to Sydney for Papley instead? The Dunkleys would love that.

12. Likes hujsh, Twodogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an extension of my post earlier about who we replace Dunkley with should he leave and whether or not we can do it by trading.

We could generate some depth by grabbing players from elsewhere. I know I have lamented our attraction to players in the bargain bin but the following could all be options for not very much. Emphasis on Geelong and Collingwood who have salary cap issues and problems offering some of these guys opportunity making them easier to pry out, plus I got bored looking through clubs lists for promising fringe mids:

-Charlie Constable, big but slow inside mid at Geelong who averages 20 touches at 4 tackles in his 9 games thus far. One position guy which concerns me but could be a much better depth option than what we have.
    -Quinton Narkle, more of a flanker type with some pace and guile. Hasn't really had games pumped into him by Geelong which isn't a great sign but looks to have some attributes we are lacking and I think could do a split between forward/mid better than most of our other options.
    -Lachlan Fogarty, smallish but pacy i think and like Narkle could do the whole forward/mid split ok. I think we were interested in him last year.
    -Sam Simpson, the best of these guys, clean and good enough to make Geelongs GF best 22. I believe is ooc and with the imminent arrival of Higgins and Smith might be persuaded that he is better equipped to get chances with us.
    -Brayden Sier, I believe we were interested in him in his draft year. Big bodied but has lacked opportunity at Collingwood. One position guy though. Basically the same as Constable
    -Callum Brown, undersized and more of a forward but is a natural accumulator, is zippy, and his career trajectory is going in the right direction. I always had him and Daicos in the same boat but obviously Daicos has rocketed past him. Could Brown improve if given an opportunity on the wing like Daicos has?
    -Tyler Brown, better sized than his brother and younger, another natural accumulator, unsure if he is a one position guy though.
    -Will Powell, Gold Coast half back who is meant to be moving into a midfield role. Has reportedly fielded interest from clubs, is a good user of the ball.

Hardly inspiring but most fit the bill of being readymade depth that has looked ok at AFL level and most if not all are in their clubs plans going forward which is a positive in that they rate them.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Can just imagine business meetings around the family dinner table: "look, if I go to Essendon and they let you tag along, imagine the exposure our website will get. It just makes sense!"
    Imagine how much they'd gang up on Kyle over the lack of site traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it’s weird alright. Creepy weird. I got brainwashed cult family vibes.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how much they'd gang up on Kyle over the lack of site traffic.
    "Josh can you speak to Truck and ask him to pick me in the 1s...for the traffic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The testimonials page is particularly inspiring.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Some players sit back at the end of their careers and reflect and are proud to be known as One club players. If Dunkley goes he will have to settle with the fact that he was only a One time premiership player cos he ain't winning one with that rabble.

Post Thanks / Like

We should all chip in and order a Q&A sesh with the alpha dog: https://www.jkl-d.com/bookings