Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 84 of 263 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    True he was the other one missing midfield minutes I couldn't think of. Our depth would feel much better with him in the wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Have it on good authority that we're deep in talks with Collingwood for a swap of Treloar / Stephenson (and possibly) Cox, for picks / salary + either Ed Richards, Josh Schache and Bailey Dale.

Treloars management keen to get him to the Dogs this trade period.

All three Collingwood players also toured the Kennel yesterday.
    Have not heard about JS or Cox but have heard the same re. Treloar.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Have it on good authority that we're deep in talks with Collingwood for a swap of Treloar / Stephenson (and possibly) Cox, for picks / salary + either Ed Richards, Josh Schache and Bailey Dale.

Thank you for the information.

All of the three players of ours mentioned likely to go according to the mail or just one or two?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Thank you for the information.

All of the three players of ours mentioned likely to go according to the mail or just one or two?
    Unsure as of yet.

I'd be surprised if Schache's management HAVEN'T been shopping him around. Pretty much everybody at the club in the playing group has been told to 'wait and see on list sizes next year' - It's REALLY holding up us making proper changes.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Given Collingwood's salary cap position, it's hard to see them being interesting in 3 more players that will all need to be paid.

Post Thanks / Like

Is This the same person that said we were negotiating an extended contract for Dunkley?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is This the same person that said we were negotiating an extended contract for Dunkley?
    Yeah, has mentioned it, but this has also been mentioned by a few afl journalists as well.

The Dunkley situation has been evolving minute by minute, the person I speak to at the Dogs is apart of the social media team, I trust what they say but clearly even his gotten it wrong, I just report back here if I think the information is worth mentioning.

The Collingwood due/trio has been mentioned by several other media personalities and AFL journalists, like everything this time of year, take it with a grain of salt, even people deep within the Dogs thought the Dunkley-Essendon stuff was all a media beat-up right up until this week.

7. Thanks bornadog, chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not keen on loosing Ed yet, would love to see him on a HBF for a full season and see what he can do.

JS while he has attributes we are after in the forward half just doesn't seem the type that we would bring in after recent history. I will be pleasantly surprised if he comes across but Treloar makes sense for sure.

I wonder if we could turn Dunkley into Treloar and Tippa(Goddard confirmed that he had a serious look at our offer last year)?
    Last edited by kruder; 07-11-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hi Soupaman-Who is this you are quoting? Power?

How spot on. Thank you for the post - made my day.
    It's from Dunkleys blog on his bizarre family business page, link here

The entire blog is a treasure trove of stuff that is destined to be printed out and stuck all over the club rooms and ridiculed. He could not make himself sound less cool if he tried.

I honestly think this paragraph is the most mundane thing ever put to text:

Back to my Bega Peanut Butter Cups, sure enough I thought I had the right photo to post, excited at how great they looked, I handed them all out back to the boys as a treat to eat. Then moments later a message popped through and I found out the photo wasn’t right! A quick check in the pantry to reveal I didn’t have enough ingredients to make another batch. So off to the shops I quickly went to buy more ingredients to complete the whole task again. Fortunately it wasn’t a very long recipe and is really quite quick to make once you have everything. Whilst out shopping I might add, I decided to grab everyone a coffee before returning home. I whipped up my Bega Peanut Butter recipe and made sure I got the right photo this time, before I allowed anyone to touch them. Pretty much guarding them like a guard dog, as Kyle and Lara walked past. The boys were done for the day out the back, so another treat was passed out for their car trip home. Believe it or not Lara wanted to cook dinner again! Maybe, it was because she had seen I was pretty much in the kitchen all day making Peanut Butter Cups!
    I am convinced that Dunkley has made a terrible decision to go to Essendon. Any respect he commands will be completely undermined by having Kyle by his side on a make a wish contract and Josh being the kind of guy that thinks telling people everything he does with absolutely zero personality in extended blog form adds value. I'm sure he is nice enough but if he isn't being laughed about behind his back (possibly by someone like Hunter who he is rumoured to not particularly like) about being such a sponsors pet that he shamelessly writes paragraphs like the following I'll be amazed.

The Director of ‘Harvey Landscapes & Design’ gifted us a hoodie each. We were stoked and very thankful for this kind gesture, we whacked them straight on and continued cleaning up finishing off the final job at hand. Once popping on the hoodie, we kind of felt like part of a team again, amazing what a small gift can do. We will wear these proudly, as I must say what Harvey Landscapes have achieved in our backyard, is certainly special and we are proud to be a part of it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Thanks jeemak, 1eyedog, Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we get all of Treloar, Stephenson and Cox I think I might cry.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

12. Likes Ghost Dog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Tears of joy, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Cox anywhere near our club, but Stephenson and Treloar would be a net improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

If we were to net these guys without losing Dunkley then I'm very happy.That's a talent injection to improve on what we've got.

If securing them involves blinking, and moving on Dunkley, I'm not sure this improves our club.

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's from Dunkleys blog on his bizarre family business page, link here

The entire blog is a treasure trove of stuff that is destined to be printed out and stuck all over the club rooms and ridiculed. He could not make himself sound less cool if he tried.

I honestly think this paragraph is the most mundane thing ever put to text:

I am convinced that Dunkley has made a terrible decision to go to Essendon. Any respect he commands will be completely undermined by having Kyle by his side on a make a wish contract and Josh being the kind of guy that thinks telling people everything he does with absolutely zero personality in extended blog form adds value. I'm sure he is nice enough but if he isn't being laughed about behind his back (possibly by someone like Hunter who he is rumoured to not particularly like) about being such a sponsors pet that he shamelessly writes paragraphs like the following I'll be amazed.
    Thanks Soupaman. Agree-I think he will regret it too however he can try and soothe himself with the extra moula and some peanut butter cups. Can absolutely picture what your saying.

To parody Tom Jones “It’s most unusual” or, if I was to be downright rude, it’s kinda anally retentive.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Cox anywhere near our club, but Stephenson and Treloar would be a net improvement.
    Hi Vred, curious to know your reasons for not wanting Cox?

I think I read somewhere Stephenson my have a lowish tank/vo2 which may explain why he fades during games. If that’s true (might be nonsense) do you know if that can be improved? He is exciting when on song from little I have seen of him and love his goal sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley Brothers lockdown......mystery

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post