Thanks Thanks:  302
Likes Likes:  3,271
Page 96 of 263 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3937

Thread: Trade Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Dunkley

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Make no mistake him leaving would be a disaster for Collingwood as well. They are stuffed either way as no player is going to trust them with contract changes going forward.
    Sam Power should be calling Brodie Grundy's manager and raising this point.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    This is what I keep telling people.

Beams was a high profile player who fell in Collingwoods lap (as in they did not seek him out as a trade target) who had known issues with his body and off field and came at a severe cost to their trade assets and took up a huge part of their salary cap which they hadn't planned for and played a position they didn't need to bolster like that anyway.

Treloar fits basically everything there, with the only bonus being that he might cost less in trade assets because Collingwood are so stuffed if they keep him.

Who was the last player that was pushed out of their club for any reason that was a good idea to pick up? And how is putting a $700K unplanned divot in your salary cap for at least two years when you have Bont about to come out of contract a good thing?
    Pies have really stuffed up. Cox has triggered another year from his contract and they need to pay him $550k. However, he has said he is prepared to negotiate his contract in order to stay. They have the worst list management in the AFL paying big dollars to Treloar, Beams, Cox and now De Goey wants his share and god only knows what Grundy is on or other players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pies have really stuffed up. Cox has triggered another year from his contract and they need to pay him $550k. However, he has said he is prepared to negotiate his contract in order to stay. They have the worst list management in the AFL paying big dollars to Treloar, Beams, Cox and now De Goey wants his share and god only knows what Grundy is on or other players.
    And if rumour is true, Philips is on 600k.

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told Pert had a hand in paying the big dollars that was the reason he left...or pushed.

6. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This Treloar news makes me feel like we're all going to stick with what we've got.

Hilarious to see happen to Essendon again but I'd actually warmed to the idea of a king's ransom for Dunks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar at Collingwood is simply untenable. How can he possibly stay after everything that's happened?

It's close to workplace harassment and unfair dismissal.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Hilarious to see happen to Essendon again but I'd actually warmed to the idea of a king's ransom for Dunks.
    Yes. Dunkleys blog combined with BT's calculations have me very happy to lose him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dunks plan.....Stay with the doggies and get more time in the guts, no rucking and a pay increase. Might work a treat.

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Treloar at Collingwood is simply untenable. How can he possibly stay after everything that's happened?

It's close to workplace harassment and unfair dismissal.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Gold Coast to be close to his partner and child.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The Dunks plan.....Stay with the doggies and get more time in the guts, no rucking and a pay increase. Might work a treat.
    I can't see why a coach would promise more time in the guts. Doesn't a game plan involve many parts and if it doesn't suit, you don't play a player in a particular spot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If that was to happen I’d like to see him recommit for a further year on his contract to shut down what might be two years of scuttle but.

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see why a coach would promise more time in the guts. Doesn't a game plan involve many parts and if it doesn't suit, you don't play a player in a particular spot.
    It was sort of tongue in cheek.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Gold Coast to be close to his partner and child.
    Seems silly to move states on a five year contract given his wife has a 10 month contract
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Seems silly to move states on a five year contract given his wife has a 10 month contract
    True. Unless she wants to live there after contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund reporting that him + every other list manager in the league doesn't think the Dunkley deal gets done, at all, Essendon just can't get what we want for him.

Good, *!*!*!*! Dodo and *!*!*!*! Essendon.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

23. Likes Bulldog4life, SquirrelGrip, 1eyedog liked this post