Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scratch match wrap | Dogs v Lions

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There was an email to Whateley this morning asking the question of how much longer can the Bulldogs hide behind the young and inexperienced excuses. Whateley read it a couple of times
    What rubbish by Whateley to read that out. I don't see anyone hiding behind inexperience excuses, certainly not this year.

Currently our team is fairly well balanced with age now, but I am worried about the second tier ie 50 to 100 and their further development.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why?
    Because since October 2nd 2016 our club has gone backwards.
    We have lost more games than we have won.
    It is likely we will miss the finals once again.

Questions need to be asked and answered.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Because since October 2nd 2016 our club has gone backwards.
    We have lost more games than we have won.
    It is likely we will miss the finals once again.

Questions need to be asked and answered.
    BY the media, no thanks, they are an absolute rabble. For any reviews, they must be done internally and no media.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    M.Lloyd said we had a soft underbelly and we turn our toes up when the going gets tough.
    he's right
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, DOG GOD, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BY the media, no thanks, they are an absolute rabble. For any reviews, they must be done internally and no media.
    Media brings the heat on the club.
    Members watch and read media material. Members will the put pressure on the club (if it isn’t already via WOOF )

As a small club we get away with a lot more than the bigger clubs. It works the other way around too but at the moment we need the blowtorch. If we were Collingwood the media would have lynched us and Bevo by now.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hope Cavarra gets a decent run at it, can't understand how he's only been given one crack.
    I have only seen him in the Collingwood game and being blunt I don't think he has the necessary tool etc to be the effective small forward. Is he better than Wallis? Is he better than Lloyd? where is Cavarra's point of difference that makes him a player that we can bring in. He's not fast. He is not a great mark relative to his size. Are his defensive skills good enough to compensate for all of this?

To me if you look at who played the small forward role in 2016 it was Clay Smith and Picko - is Cavarra in their league?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I have only seen him in the Collingwood game and being blunt I don't think he has the necessary tool etc to be the effective small forward. Is he better than Wallis? Is he better than Lloyd? where is Cavarra's point of difference that makes him a player that we can bring in. He's not fast. He is not a great mark relative to his size. Are his defensive skills good enough to compensate for all of this?

To me if you look at who played the small forward role in 2016 it was Clay Smith and Picko - is Cavarra in their league?
    He's one of the fastest guys on the list.

Not sure you can take anything from a game where we were completely belted all night with the ball rarely going forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Media brings the heat on the club.
    You have to be kidding, FMD I don't want to have anything to do with the media, they are poisonous.

Post Thanks / Like

What rubbish by Whateley to read that out. I don't see anyone hiding behind inexperience excuses, certainly not this year.

Currently our team is fairly well balanced with age now, but I am worried about the second tier ie 50 to 100 and their further development.
    Part of his job on SEN is to engage the supporters and he read that contribution out early in the show. I think his belief is that we are there by choice. He wasn't damning about it but it does raise a bit of a question about where we are heading

Why are you so critical of it? It's just a question or observation
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Part of his job on SEN is to engage the supporters and he read that contribution out early in the show. I think his belief is that we are there by choice. He wasn't damning about it but it does raise a bit of a question about where we are heading

Why are you so critical of it? It's just a question or observation
    Because it doesn't address anything. If he wanted to be critical, look at the players and the deficiencies and comment on that. Or the performance of say X player. Or maybe if he wants to talk about the young players, then discuss how has this happened, like we have on WOOF.

It's his show I guess and I just think it adds no value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Wonder if we'll give Buku a shot at AFL level?

I would have thought both Young's would have had better claims for a spot and I wonder what Khamis might have done better than them?

It will be a huge story if happens.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You have to be kidding, FMD I don't want to have anything to do with the media, they are poisonous.
    Well it is the media’s job to represent the view of the public, publicly to those in power. Put them under the microscope so that they don’t abuse positions of power. Granted they do a poor job of it these days (lets not go there) but the majority of commentary of bulldogs supporters here and elsewhere is one of frustration with our stagnation. The club needs to feel that heat.

We could be 15th in a couple of weeks. 2016 aside that is not good enough.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Beveridge press conference after the Brisbane game he said we were immature. He has made numerous references to our youth.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    In Beveridge press conference after the Brisbane game he said we were immature. He has made numerous references to our youth.
    Do you think we are immature?

Post Thanks / Like

Of course we have been young by choice and continue to hide behind it. It is the most obvious obseravtion about the side and is backed by facts. Sure we've had some injuries, but when push comes to shove, we'd rather pick players with less than 5 games experience then pick our depth players WITH experience or mature bodies.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post