Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  87
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offseason recruiting priorities

Lonie seems more finisher than pressure forward.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

We could do worse than Lonie. He's an ok player but if we're after a high pressure forward he at least would bring that. He does go hard. Worth considering.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Papley will do fine thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tom Papley will do fine thanks.
    yes please
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Well Bevo's gone whack on that Hunter scuttlebut, as you'd expect him to do.

Gently potting Hunter's management in the process mind you ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll 'spew up' if we chase Lonie.. Plays for frees more than any other player in the comp. and isn't the type of player we require.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'll 'spew up' if we chase Lonie.. Plays for frees more than any other player in the comp. and isn't the type of player we require.
    Thanks Clarko

On a serious note, I am with you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a few ideas

Ruck

Have long advocated we need more ruck depth. We won a premiership with 2 good ruckman with 2 experienced rucks in reserve. We need to address this as a matter of priority. We should consider a play for one of these 3 premiership ruckman who will be OOC at the end of this season;

Toby Nankervis (Rich) 2 time premiership ruckman who hasn't featured much this season. He would be perfect to 'lead' our ruck with English as back up. Still only 26 and entering his prime. He would be my priority. Think we would need a decent 2nd rounder and a good offer $$ wise to get him.

Nathan Vardy (WCE) injury prone but was a very good player in the Eagle's premiership year 2018. 29 yo so still has a few years and probably not too expensive.

Jordan Roughead (Coll) major player and leader in the Bulldogs flag. things went stale but I still think he has something to offer as a defender/ruckman. Surely he would have played most games this year???? Will be 30 next season and good for a couple of years and would be cheaper than the other two most likely.

Midfield

Have mentioned Zac Williams and Jye Caldwell in the Giant Raid thread in the List/Recruiting forum. Basically, yes please!

Jack Viney (Melb) RFA who could add much needed grunt & experience to our midfield which is sorely lacking it. Playing well this year and will be 27 next season. Won't cost us a draft pick. Think it could be a good option

Dan Venables (WCE) played in the premiership but has been out with concussion for a long time. Could be a boom or bust. Liked him as a junior and if he can recover sufficiently to play could have a big future.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes soupman, GVGjr, 1eyedog, ratsmac, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Here's a few ideas

Ruck

Have long advocated we need more ruck depth. We won a premiership with 2 good ruckman with 2 experienced rucks in reserve. We need to address this as a matter of priority. We should consider a play for one of these 3 premiership ruckman who will be OOC at the end of this season;

Toby Nankervis (Rich) 2 time premiership ruckman who hasn't featured much this season. He would be perfect to 'lead' our ruck with English as back up. Still only 26 and entering his prime. He would be my priority. Think we would need a decent 2nd rounder and a good offer $$ wise to get him.

Nathan Vardy (WCE) injury prone but was a very good player in the Eagle's premiership year 2018. 29 yo so still has a few years and probably not too expensive.

Jordan Roughead (Coll) major player and leader in the Bulldogs flag. things went stale but I still think he has something to offer as a defender/ruckman. Surely he would have played most games this year???? Will be 30 next season and good for a couple of years and would be cheaper than the other two most likely.

Midfield

Have mentioned Zac Williams and Jye Caldwell in the Giant Raid thread in the List/Recruiting forum. Basically, yes please!

Jack Viney (Melb) RFA who could add much needed grunt & experience to our midfield which is sorely lacking it. Playing well this year and will be 27 next season. Won't cost us a draft pick. Think it could be a good option

Dan Venables (WCE) played in the premiership but has been out with concussion for a long time. Could be a boom or bust. Liked him as a junior and if he can recover sufficiently to play could have a big future.
    Do you think Jack Viney is gettable? I’d love him in the red, white and blue but would be amazed if there was even a sliver of a chance at prying him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Do you think Jack Viney is gettable? I’d love him in the red, white and blue but would be amazed if there was even a sliver of a chance at prying him out.
    I can't answer that.

He's OOC, was replaced as captain, and there have been a couple of unsubstantiated murmurs that he 'could' be gettable.

So maybe!

Post Thanks / Like

what about a swap of Papley for Dunkley?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    what about a swap of Papley for Dunkley?
    Player swaps are pretty much unheard of these days and I don't think the Dunkleys want anything to do with the Swans. I would love Papley though.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, I am 99% certain Roughead has re-signed with the Pies.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yes new deal the other day
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    OK cheers it was more wishful thinking on my part anyway on that one

19. Likes azabob liked this post