Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  87
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offseason recruiting priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Pretty sure Hartigan is still where Jakey boy buried him in 2015 on the forward flank at Marvel. We can just go get him any time we want.
    Classic.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Daniel Talia? Don't know if he is gettable or not but he's 28 years old and he is a good defender for the gorillas. Naughton just towelled him up but we can't hold that against him, Naughts is a freak. Although I'm not sure if Bevo would be on board considering Talia gate and all.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I feel Burgoyne would have a very good football brain. He seems very level headed on the field and would be a massive win for our club to get a person like that on our coaching panel.
    Agree completely - I’d love him to come join our coaching staff as a defensive coach or player development coach. If he is the start of an indigenous program too he’d be an amazing get.

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Solomon is getting quite a bit of praise after being sacked by GC, should we be interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    What about Daniel Talia? Don't know if he is gettable or not but he's 28 years old and he is a good defender for the gorillas. Naughton just towelled him up but we can't hold that against him, Naughts is a freak. Although I'm not sure if Bevo would be on board considering Talia gate and all.
    Only if he can find his brother's phone. Think that might be a bridge too far, there's still some animosity there.
    Purely on talent yes please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Solomon is getting quite a bit of praise after being sacked by GC, should we be interested?
    I think so. He is highly regarded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I don't think he could be less of a Beveridge player if he tried. Pure stopper.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Issac Smith is being mentioned again:

HAWK ISAAC’S BIG DECISION
    Triple premiership Hawk Isaac Smith has a decision to make on his future in the coming weeks as he heads towards the end of his current deal with the club.

But his currency has certainly dropped since last year, meaning the Hawks would receive a later pick if he did decide to finish his career elsewhere.

A year ago the Western Bulldogs made a big play for Smith, but it remains to be seen whether the unrestricted free agent‘s modest form across this abbreviated 2020 season would stop rival clubs from chasing him or whether he locks into another deal with the Hawks.

Smith turns 32 in December and had been in contract discussions with Hawthorn earlier this year before the pandemic put so many things on hold.

He has played 10 games this season, but missed last week‘s clash with Port Adelaide with a shoulder injury.
    Would cost nothing but is old and form hasn't been great this year. Could offer more than Suckling though?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally can't see the point of taking on a guy at that age.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Issac Smith is being mentioned again:

Would cost nothing but is old and form hasn't been great this year. Could offer more than Suckling though?
    No thanks

Has been a good player, but he is now a hasbeen
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No thanks

Has been a good player, but he is now a hasbeen
    Especially if list sizes are cut, he's not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Isaac Smith had his chance. He probably would have gotten a two year deal had he come over but may find himself delisted or be forced into retirement. I think he did us a favour.

Talia would be behind Trengove because at least JT can ruck.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Disinclined to take on Smith given Vandermeer's progress.

If the Hawks are shedding veterans though let's offer them Schache + swap of picks if need be for Gunston.

Imagine the latter roaming high in the role we wish Schache could nail down but also being able to play deeper.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Disinclined to take on Smith given Vandermeer's progress.

If the Hawks are shedding veterans though let's offer them Schache + swap of picks if need be for Gunston.

Imagine the latter roaming high in the role we wish Schache could nail down but also being able to play deeper.
    Gunston or Breust both have something to offer us.

I'm also interested in the idea of offering Burgoyne a role similar to the one Hodge took on at Brisbane.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Gunston or Breust both have something to offer us.

I'm also interested in the idea of offering Burgoyne a role similar to the one Hodge took on at Brisbane.
    A playing role? He does seem keen to play on at this stage. Where would he fit in?