Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  87
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offseason recruiting priorities

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not cheap as chips but Goldy for a few years with English playing forward/second ruck has some appeal to me. I'd imagine Timmy would come out of it a much better ruckman learning from Goldy every day.
    It would have massive appeal to me.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It would have massive appeal to me.
    It would. But the question is do we want to spend our chips on a ruck when we have more pressing needs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They have a heap of players out of contract and are looking like they need a clean out to rebuild. Any cheap as chips players of interest to us?
    Higgins?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Higgins?
    No thanks. We don't need another slow mid who only runs one way
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It would. But the question is do we want to spend our chips on a ruck when we have more pressing needs?
    Beveridge wouldn't.

Could bringing in Goldstein help sort out our other pressing needs.

Providing our midfield more advantage of clean ball which could help our forward line connection and reduce easy ball into our back half.

As mentioned earlier it would also allow English time and space to develop as a genuine ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Play him across HB, he loves that position on the field

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I'd find it very hard to cheer him if it did happen. I mean he didn't leave on bad terms, we really didn't want him. Something about him has just rubbed me up the wrong way since he's been to that club. Can't stand the guy.

8. Likes Bullies, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd find it very hard to cheer him if it did happen. I mean he didn't leave on bad terms, we really didn't want him. Something about him has just rubbed me up the wrong way since he's been to that club. Can't stand the guy.
    I am with you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't come cheap but if we had any interest in anyone from Norf, it would be Robbie Tarrant for me for a couple of seasons. Plays most weeks, fills a massive area of need.and more of a need than Higgins or Goldstein. Can't see Norf entertaining offers for him but he deserves to go out in a side that would hopefully be contending rather than a rebuild at that rabble.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No to Goldstein
    Would hamper English’s development
    Yes to Tarrant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Wouldn't come cheap but if we had any interest in anyone from Norf, it would be Robbie Tarrant for me for a couple of seasons. Plays most weeks, fills a massive area of need.and more of a need than Higgins or Goldstein. Can't see Norf entertaining offers for him but he deserves to go out in a side that would hopefully be contending rather than a rebuild at that rabble.
    Tarrant is cooked. Has lost a step and can't keep up with anyone with pace on leads anymore.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Tarrant's not the answer. My feeling is that no Norf player would be useful.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Tarrant's not the answer. My feeling is that no Norf player would be useful.
    That can't be true, there has to be some players there that would be useful.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Crozier trade, not a big name like Higgins, Goldy or Tarrant. Perhaps a player that could be re-invented and re-invigorated in a different environment. I've got no idea who that player is but it's likely a player with some deficiencies (hence the cheap price) that can fill a role.

Post Thanks / Like

North have some nice talent but they won’t be available. Simpkin, Zurrhar and particularly Larkey all look like being excellent players.

We could maybe ask about Luke McDonald who’s turned his career around this season and has shown he can lock down mids as well as create drive off half back, but we’d be buying at his peak price and not really making our side better.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That can't be true, there has to be some players there that would be useful.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Crozier trade, not a big name like Higgins, Goldy or Tarrant. Perhaps a player that could be re-invented and re-invigorated in a different environment. I've got no idea who that player is but it's likely a player with some deficiencies (hence the cheap price) that can fill a role.
    I know he's not a star (and has little contested game), but Rory Atkins as an outside runner/wingman. He's in and out of the Crows team and is an RFA.
    I suspect he costs us nothing at the trade table and not much in salary, and instantly becomes a better second wing option than Hayes or our attempts to turn McLean and Richards into one. Has a decent tank so can run out a game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers