Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  87
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offseason recruiting priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I know he's not a star (and has little contested game), but Rory Atkins as an outside runner/wingman. He's in and out of the Crows team and is an RFA.
    I suspect he costs us nothing at the trade table and not much in salary, and instantly becomes a better second wing option than Hayes or our attempts to turn McLean and Richards into one. Has a decent tank so can run out a game.
    Played reasonably well early in his career in that 2015 elimination from memory. Not a bad suggestion.

Edit : wrong guy it was Riley Knight I was thinking of. I cant delete posts so best I can do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I know he's not a star (and has little contested game), but Rory Atkins as an outside runner/wingman. He's in and out of the Crows team and is an RFA.
    I suspect he costs us nothing at the trade table and not much in salary, and instantly becomes a better second wing option than Hayes or our attempts to turn McLean and Richards into one. Has a decent tank so can run out a game.
    I guess Adelaide are in a similar position to North, need a clean out and rebuild. Atkins sounds like the kind of value trade we could look at.

THE ADELAIDE PLAYERS WHO COULD LEAVE THE CLUB AT THE END OF 2020

Kane Cornes believes there could be as many as 14 Adelaide Crows players who are currently fighting for their respective futures.

The Crows are still winless in 2020 and are facing the prospect of becoming the first AFL/VFL side since Fitzroy in 1964 not to win a match.

As the club readies themselves for a busy post-season, Cornes outlined the players who could exit Adelaide at the conclusion of the 2020 season.

“I think there are about 14 Adelaide players who’s futures are up in the air,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I’ve got no issue with Matthew Nicks dropping Jake Kelly because Kyle Hartigan comes back in – I don’t think you can play Kelly and Hartigan in the same team because they’re basically the same player.

“There are a number of Crows (who’s futures are questionable) – David Mackay is up in the air, Rory Atkins is certainly up in the air, Brad Crouch is out of contract, Riley Knight, Elliott Himmelberg and Jake Kelly … the way they go about making decisions on their list will be fascinating.

“Those decisions would’ve started to be happening right now and (list manager) Justin Reid has I think the most important job at the football club.

“There’s questions about list management and Hamish Ogilvie’s selections at the draft in recent years.

“They’re going to have a great draft hand and they’re going to have to make a call on their out of contracted players and that’s going to have to happen now.”

Adelaide will be looking for their first win this season when they take on an undermanned Collingwood outfit at Adelaide Oval on Tuesday night.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL media and rumour mill in over drive claiming Lachie Hunter will be leaving us at the end of the year...

where the hell do people come up with this shit
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    AFL media and rumour mill in over drive claiming Lachie Hunter will be leaving us at the end of the year...

Head over to this thread!

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...641#post690641
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    North have some nice talent but they won’t be available. Simpkin, Zurrhar and particularly Larkey all look like being excellent players.

We could maybe ask about Luke McDonald who’s turned his career around this season and has shown he can lock down mids as well as create drive off half back, but we’d be buying at his peak price and not really making our side better.
    Really? Another half back with over rated kicking skills, pass.

Post Thanks / Like

God no to Luke McDonald
    Poor user, and the type we have in spades

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t realize Tarrant’s 31 !!
    Jeepus , that went fast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

Caroline Wilson , so it must be right

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a situation where we trade our first pick for an established player - personally I’d love another tall lockdown defender - and then either bank our other picks of go into deficit for JUH? Are there rules against that?

Post Thanks / Like

There’s talk from journos that we’ve declared a need for a small forward is our number 1 priority this offseason. I suppose the attempts at Wingard and Martin make this pretty obvious

Post Thanks / Like

What about Darcy Macpherson - pretty handy for GC before they got this year's influx of high draft picks which have 'pushed' him out of the side.

Although not blessed with out and out pace, he can kick a goal and works hard to keep the ball inside the forward 50.

Pretty sure his contract ends this year with GC (others may know better).

I put Darcy forward as I think we need to be realistic in our aspirations for a 'big name' trade target. We just aren't a destination club nor do we play our games on the MCG.

Players like Crozier and Keath show we can get value from players 'fit for purpose'.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Been reported we may have interest in Lonie. Yuck. That’d make us worse I’d have thought

On the other hand, I’d welcome Hamling back with open arms.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...1Gpz2nhRHNRInc

Post Thanks / Like

We should be having a word to Hamling:

Fremantle defender Joel Hamling’s relationship with the club is reportedly fractured, as the 27-year-old continues to navigate a troublesome ankle injury.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonie is decent player but isn't overly quick, I don't think he's what we're after.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -