Likes Likes:  161
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R14 2020

Q1 - 6.3-0.3 our favour
    Q2 - 0.3-3.3 their favour
    Q3 - 1.1-2.3 their favour
    Q4 - 2.0-5.3 their favour

Really lost it after quarter time and particularly with the last quarter shootout.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Disagree we’re a long off
    How are we a long way off ? We’ve lead all night to the form team of the comp and lost by effectively a kick
    We’ve got the shifting off the d 50 right , but need other plans when teams stifle us
    Need to sort the ruck issue out just think the smart coaches can have any plan going when they know their ruck’s got an armchair ride
    It feels like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Either we are close and highly competitive against the best teams, or the best teams have us comfortably sorted out and we lose exactly the same way against them.

We can't expect games to be played on our terms against the best teams, and we clearly lack the ability to scrap and scrounge when we can't get our preferred game style going.

Maybe it's as simple as the Geelong/West Coast slow ball retention game plan is more controllable and our run and gun style is more inconsistent and subject to greater variances in effectiveness.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Looking on the brighter side, i'm so glad it wasn't a final. I've had a gut full of losing to them in finals.
    I wonder what it was like when we lost to them at Geelong for 27 years straight from 1945-1972? Imagine driving back to Footscray each year and saying to your kid "Don't worry son. We'll beat them down there next year".
    2 close wins in the last decade, we truly are their bitches. Chris Scott has worked out Bevo more so than any other coach.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelongs final qtr outscored our final three.

5.3 to 3.4.

We couldn't hold them with two down.

Bont had ten tackles if that's worth anything. Wasn't at his best but tried his arse off.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly . Had a big effect on the outcome as well
    right.. it had that ig effect from the first bounce of the second quarter we were gassed, is that it, because we chasing shadows from that point on....

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree we’re a long off
    How are we a long way off ? We’ve lead all night to the form team of the comp and lost by effectively a kick
    We’ve got the shifting off the d 50 right , but need other plans when teams stifle us
    Need to sort the ruck issue out just think the smart coaches can have any plan going when they know their ruck’s got an armchair ride
    Granted i didn't see the Power & Lions game but when we have played a good side we only look good on our terms. We looked good in the first quarter because Geelong looked horrible. Yeah give us credit for making them look bad but they had another gear. We all saw after quarter time that the cats got it back on their terms & we couldn't do a thing about it. It was the same against the pies, saints & tigers.

We are not as good as those teams & its a debate of how far behind we are. I think we are quite a distance this year & if we did happen to make the 8 we would be clearly making up the numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Maybe that explains tonight's lopsided performances.
    You could be right Comrade, but alls I'm trying to point out is , it isn't all on Dangers shoulders at the Cats like it is on Bonts at the Dogs.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking on the brighter side, i'm so glad it wasn't a final. I've had a gut full of losing to them in finals.
    I wonder what it was like when we lost to them at Geelong for 27 years straight from 1945-1972? Imagine driving back to Footscray each year and saying to your kid "Don't worry son. We'll beat them down there next year".
    We just can't take a trick against this mob.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this game all week. Friday night. Kick the first six goals! How good is life? Forget about the lockdown. Forget about the crazy life we are living at the moment. Planning out the next few weeks of footy obsession and distraction. Love the game. Love this club. Going to watch every game all weekend!

What a difference the feeling is 90 minute later. You either love it or hate it depending on the score. Gutted.

11. Likes Grantysghost, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott’s an excellent coach
    Pain in the arse , but a great coach
    They recalibrate after 1/4 time

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly . Had a big effect on the outcome as well
    right.. it had that effect from the first bounce of the second quarter we were gassed, is that it, because we chasing shadows from that point on....

14. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So happy to see two big wins at Kardina Park. One from behind at half time and another where we had a miracle comeback in the last few minutes. Thank god for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Looking forward to this game all week. Friday night. Kick the first six goals! How good is life? Forget about the lockdown. Forget about the crazy life we are living at the moment. Planning out the next few weeks of footy obsession and distraction. Love the game. Love this club. Going to watch every game all weekend!

What a difference the feeling is 90 minute later. You either love it or hate it depending on the score.
    For the past 3.5 years, you can certainly count on the Dogs to ruin your weekend more often than not.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    You could be right Comrade, but alls I'm trying to point out is , it isn't all on Dangers shoulders at the Cats like it is on Bonts at the Dogs.
    Also hasn’t won a flag at geelong
    They need to pretty quickly

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god we’re not Adelaide ( this year)
    Melbourne or Stkilda
    Could be a first ,a footy fan site breaking the internet