Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  161
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R14 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Just thinking we could've used Vanders run in the last. Bah ... stupid f*$*%g game sucking me in...surely I can find a more healthy way to spend my time.
    Supporting the Dogs is a shocking hobby, isn't it? Enjoyable about 20% of the time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Dangerfield is smart enough to know to get the calls. Bont has more upside given his 6 years younger, but lets be honest here, Danger willed his team to win this one from 6 goals down. Bont is not there yet. I'm sorry but he's not.
    Please don't ignore that we were two down for a half and one down for most of the game. We were running in sand and our entire team was up against it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Supporting the Dogs is a shocking hobby, isn't it? Enjoyable about 20% of the time.
    It's masochistic to say the least. I even think it's probably sadistic (i.e. those at the club who seem to have a clear agenda against us supporters).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's masochistic to say the least. I even think for some it's probably even sadistic.
    Yeah, it's getting to that point.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree we’re a long off
    How are we a long way off ? We’ve lead all night to the form team of the comp and lost by effectively a kick
    We’ve got the shifting off the d 50 right , but need other plans when teams stifle us
    Need to sort the ruck issue out just think the smart coaches can have any plan going when they know their ruck’s got an armchair ride

7. Likes Eastdog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Disagree we’re a long off
    How are we a long way off ? We’ve lead all night to the form team of the comp and lost by effectively a kick
    We’ve got the shifting off the d 50 right , but need other plans when teams stifle us
    Need to sort the ruck issue out just think the smart coaches can have any plan going when they know their ruck’s got an armchair ride
    I think I am more in your camp RM. A lot to work on but also not a long way off either.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't ignore that we were two down for a half and one down for most of the game. We were running in sand and our entire team was up against it.
    Exactly . Had a big effect on the outcome as well

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English had shoe horn hands tonight, just like Kramer wanted and the ball just kept bouncing off them.

Well Kramer, try marking an Australian Rules footy with those super handy shoe horn hands of yours mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Pull the other one mate.

What useless irrelvancies.

2016 was great. Bont was great. He's still a great player.

He just can't do what Dangerfield did tonight. If he could, we'd be talking about him, not Dangerfield.
    Pull the other one Mate,
    What useless irrelvancies. really?
    This is why people just can't be bothered posting any more,.
    The last two weeks there's been scarcely an article about Danger and plenty about Bonts.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim English had shoe horn hands tonight, just like Kramer wanted and the ball just kept bouncing off them.

Well Kramer, try marking an Australian Rules footy with those super handy shoe horn hands of yours mate.
    He was like a giant broken wooden trebuchet we were wheeling around the ground just there to...block stuff.

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    The last two weeks there's been scarcely an article about Danger and plenty about Bonts.
    Maybe that explains tonight's lopsided performances.

Post Thanks / Like

I curse you Geelong. May all your nipples dry up so you have no sucklings.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking on the brighter side, i'm so glad it wasn't a final. I've had a gut full of losing to them in finals.
    I wonder what it was like when we lost to them at Geelong for 27 years straight from 1945-1972? Imagine driving back to Footscray each year and saying to your kid "Don't worry son. We'll beat them down there next year".

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't buy Bevo's excuse. We're playing a shorter quarters They had Toohey and Taylor with injuries,

What happened was we were second to the ball from the first bounce of the second quarter because we crapped oursleves and the wanted it more. That had nothing to do Vanders and Wood injuries.

If all that we take out of this game is that we lost because of that then Bevo learned nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong had the 10 most experienced players on the ground tonight... it’s only happens 50 times in VFL/AFL history.. it showed in the end.

We have some gaps to fill and issues to sort through , but we aren’t winning it this year... but it might be a different story in a couple of years time.

20. Likes KT31 liked this post