Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  161
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R14 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I wont lie.
    I went into the backyard, yelled *!*!*!*! as loud as possible, threw some BBQ tongs into the garden bed and probably slammed the back door so hard the lock is now *!*!*!*!ed.

Few hours later and I'm still feeling so frustrated by some of the plays we did because of spud players on our list.

I don't mind losing if we're playing like shit, but I *HATE* losing from a 40 points up position.
    Will some patronising words help at this stage?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Will some patronising words help at this stage?
    I don't think any words would fix how I feel about our MC and their braindead approtch to our team.

Bruce on a 4 year contract, why?
    Dunkley in the ruck, why?
    Gardner, why?
    Cavarra would of probably given more than Dickson tonight
    JJ is actually useless
    Bont completely down again
    Umpires are dog-shit tier
    Misses on goal

Do I keep going?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any words would fix how I feel about our MC and their braindead approtch to our team.

Bruce on a 4 year contract, why?
    Dunkley in the ruck, why?
    Gardner, why?
    Cavarra would of probably given more than Dickson tonight
    JJ is actually useless
    Bont completely down again
    Umpires are dog-shit tier
    Misses on goal

Do I keep going?
    Absolutely you should, why not get it all out mate?

I'm after a complete mosaic of anger and destruction and I know you have it in you.

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Absolutely you should, why not get it all out mate?

I'm after a complete mosaic of anger and destruction and I know you have it in you.
    Haha, maybe if you caught me directly after the game, I'm more calm now, just at disbelief mostly.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, maybe if you caught me directly after the game, I'm more calm now, just at disbelief mostly.
    Harvey Norman is going to have an issue with its home delivery in the western region after tonight, at least one additional day to have TVs delivered.

8. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's remarkable. But flags are what matters. Last ten years we have 1 they have 1.
    True enough but you have to admire that they put themselves in a good position most years.
    How strong do you think our membership numbers might have been if we followed up the success of 2016 with top 5 finishes in 2017 and 18?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I am with you - JJ miss in the 2nd and it is game over. Bruce scores in the 2nd and it is probably game over. So important to take your chances given what happens later in the game. despite this we hang on for 87 minutes and literally run out of puff. Vanders and Wood stay fit and we have just enough to get over the line.

I saw things out there tonight I really liked. I saw some things that were awful, but we just need to persist.
    Yep... the rotations in the end were 63 to 82... it makes a difference!

I’ve bashed this team & MC around the heads as much as anyone, but tonight was different.

We came up against the hottest team in the comp and we put them to the sword in the 1st qtr... like smoked them! We played the type of footy as we wanted to. Danger said they were coached to stop it and they couldn’t get near us. They re-adjusted at qtr time as very good and mature teams (they’re an old team!) do and gradually ate into our lead and over-ran us, but lots had the go there way to do so.

- we missed easy & crucial goals in the 2nd qtr.
    - we had 2 players go off. One of who is quick and helps break the game open and the other a key member of the defence... losing them made a big difference.
    - we got nothing from the umps. Bont was held at every contest, they threw the ball constantly.. we got a poor run.
    - our forwardline was dysfunctional. Dickson is cooked. Wallis was horrible. Bruce & English worse.
    - the ruck set-up was crap... it sort of worked a couple of times, but it needs to stop.
    - our key players were off.. as bad a game as I’ve seen from Macrae (check out his AFL player rating score) and for Bont it was a quiet one, but effective one too.
    - as others have mentioned we went into safe play mode when we had all the momentum and it hurt... that’s not our game.
    - we made some crucial errors through the game. How much did fatigue play a part?

I’m not hanging us on that one, it sucks we lost, really sucks, but life is *!*!*!*!ing hard at present and I was as happy at qtr time as I’ve been for quite a while... sure it didn’t last as long as I’d have liked, but given where I had us pre-game in that I’d hope we’d not embarrass ourselves, to shit, we can make good sides look silly... well it means with some further refining we can get back to competing with the big boys on a consistent basis.

How we go against another really good side next week is going to be super interesting and I’m hoping we turn up ready to go again as we need to build on the good things that happened last night.. because that first qtr was exhilarating!

And if you’re still feeling shit just think that our key forward who puts a smile on our face is 20... how much fun is going to be watching him tear team’s to shreds when he figures it all out.

Up the dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

We under estimate the loss of Laitham Vandermeer. Yes his an in experienced player but the thing he brings to our side is leg speed which is something we don't have a lot of.
    When he went down we had to shuffle the decks and players roles changed and this started a shift.
    In the presser again Bevo said Sweet is not AFL ready but I think you bite the bullet and get some games into him could he be any worse than Bruce stinking it up in the forward line.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

12. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Frustrating seeing Bont held so blatantly at the last handful of centre bounces and just ignored by the umpires.
    Yes, I felt that too. One incident was red hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

our key players were off.. as bad a game as I’ve seen from Macrae (check out his AFL player rating score) and for Bont it was a quiet one, but effective one too.
    This one ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We have to make use of the bye and come out firing. Three games to go and we must win ALL of them. Do that and we go into the finals on a roll. Geelong are the best team at the moment and we could have won this game had we took our chances. We played two down and some of our best players were off the boil. Lose next game and it's season over. Let's Go Dogs!
    We don’t really have a bye. Just a longer turn around. We play next Sunday.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    True enough but you have to admire that they put themselves in a good position most years.
    How strong do you think our membership numbers might have been if we followed up the success of 2016 with top 5 finishes in 2017 and 18?
    I think historically we have a small supporter base. Similar to a lot of clubs that entered about the same time we did. North were very strong in the 90s, Saints were strong for a sustained period in the 2000s and they aren’t far off our numbers. Don’t get me wrong I’m with you, I’d rather be at the pointy end most seasons...but they do have an entire region backing them for memberships, and they are the only side in the league with a dedicated home ground who don’t have to travel every second week like the interstate sides. It’s the single biggest advantage in the AFL.
    I’m impressed with what they’ve done under these circumstances so far this season. I feel dirty saying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    This one ?

I was referring to Macrae’s rating.... 26 touches and his rating was lower than Dickson who was awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Oh we were gallant.

I suppose its change from "brave dogs"
    The dogs media person used the thesaurus.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I was referring to Macrae’s rating.... 26 touches and his rating was lower than Dickson who was awful.
    Yes I was surprised by it too, I looked it up after reading your post... he was quite ineffective according to their metrics. I also thought I could sneak in another headband gag. #oncetoomany