Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  111
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Hawthorn R17 2020

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R17 2020

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Big chance now starting with this game to get that finals spot after getting the Eagles tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Was pleasantly surprised to get a text message from the Dogs about tickets. I didn’t realise this game was at AO.

5. Likes EasternWest, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised to get a text message from the Dogs about tickets. I didn’t realise this game was at AO.
    Yep will be at the Adelaide Oval. So an opportunity for our SA woofers to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Margin: Dogs by 48 points
    Our first goal: Aaron Naughton
    Best On ground: Lachie Hunter

Lets smack them Dogs!

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping we continue to play McLean as a defensive mid but Hawks don't have an obvious outside runner to clamp down on like Gaff. Who should we send him to?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm hoping we continue to play McLean as a defensive mid but Hawks don't have an obvious outside runner to clamp down on like Gaff. Who should we send him to?
    What about if O'Meara plays this week?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Wingard playing midfield minutes? Can't see many suitable matchups but I don't know much about their lesser knowns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What about if O'Meara plays this week?
    Sounds like he's more likely to miss than play.

HAWTHORN will seriously consider warehousing big-name trio Jaeger O'Meara, Jarman Impey and Jon Patton rather than risking further injury in the final two rounds.

Coach Alastair Clarkson, at least publicly, left the door ajar for all three of them to play again, depending on how they train between now and Sunday's clash with the Western Bulldogs.

"All of (O'Meara, Impey and Patton) at different stages over the course of the last two or three years have had injury interruptions to their careers," Clarkson said.

"For the sake of one or two games coming back, just to get a game or two under their belt, maybe we're better off just going with the young kids.

"But we'll make that call in the next 24 hours, based on how they train today and whether we think they are ready and will get any benefit out of playing this week or next week."

Clarkson hinted that Patton, who has recovered from a plantaris tendon tear, was the most likely of the three players to appear.

Post Thanks / Like

Impey is probably a good match up for McLean, or Wingard when he's further up the ground. Perhaps he could even play a lock down role on someone like Will Day who is one of the few that can manufacture intercept possessions across half back and then use it well.

With Worpel a definite out, O'Meara a likely out and Mitchell not at his Brownlow winning level, we should have a big advantage in the middle, especially given the Hawk rucks shouldn't be too much for English to handle.

Expecting a dominant win this week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Impey is probably a good match up for McLean, or Wingard when he's further up the ground. Perhaps he could even play a lock down role on someone like Will Day who is one of the few that can manufacture intercept possessions across half back and then use it well.

With Worpel a definite out, O'Meara a likely out and Mitchell not at his Brownlow winning level, we should have a big advantage in the middle, especially given the Hawk rucks shouldn't be too much for English to handle.

Expecting a dominant win this week.
    The most anxiety inducing phrase I can hear as a bulldogs supporter

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs by 40 points
    First Goal: Naughton
    BOG: Macrae
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a feeling it will be a lot closer than expected.
    Breust and Gunston love playing us, so if they get some ball, they should make their shots count.

Dogs 5 pts
    1st goal - Bruce
    Bog- macrae
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...watch-round-17

Four things to watch: Round 17
    The hot topics and talking points ahead of Sunday's clash against the Hawks at the Adelaide Oval.

1. Old mates

There are two inclusions to face the Hawks… and they’re both former Hawks, in Taylor Duryea and Matthew Suckling.

A bit of much-welcomed experience for the Bulldogs in a crucial clash.

This season has been a tough one for Duryea, who has yet to get on the park due to a persistent quad injury.

He has finally been able to overcome it and gets his chance after two strong scratch match performances. The 29-year-old will play his first AFL game since last year’s elimination final, more than 12 months ago.

Suckling also impressed in last week’s scratch match, with three goals in his second game back from a hamstring injury.

Go well, lads.

2. Big boys + McEvoy

Chemistry is still building in the Bulldogs’ forward line, and specifically between key pillars Josh Bruce and Aaron Naughton.

The pair have combined for just 23 goals in 2020 – with six of Naughton’s 11 coming against the Adelaide Crows, and six of Bruce’s 12 against North Melbourne.

But both were important last week – particularly after quarter time – against a West Coast Eagles’ defence led by intercept mark kings Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass.

Bruce and Naughton will need to bring their A-game in the air again against the Hawks, with big Ben McEvoy returning to complement James Frawley and Sam Frost, plus swingmen Jack Gunston and Tim O’Brien.

If they can have a significant scoreboard impact, that’s a bonus.

3. Are you magnetic?

Whatever happened to the Aussie band Faker?

They had that huge hit This Heart Attack, and this other one called Are You Magnetic?

We’re getting a bit off topic.

But while we’re on the subject of magnets – and specifically, a magnetic attraction to the football – there are few better than Jack Macrae and Tom Mitchell.

Macrae ranks second in the competition for disposals and Mitchell fifth.

Both are the definition of elite. Both will be hugely important around the ball this week.

4. Back-to-back

You’ll have to dig a little bit to find out when the Bulldogs last recorded back-to-back wins against the Hawks.

All the way back to 2009-10, in fact.

Only one member of the Bulldogs’ travelling party to Adelaide this weekend played in either of those wins – now runner/coach Daniel Giansiracusa.

The Bulldogs recorded a memorable win against the Hawks last year, overturning a five-goal deficit at three-quarter time.

Prior to that, the Hawks had won 10 of the previous 11 matches between the sides.

With a finals berth on the line, there’s never been a bit time to improve that winning record against the brown and gold.

19. Thanks GVGjr, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes merantau liked this post