Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  111
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R17 2020

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Are you saying you've peaked?
    Yes it's a very low hill though
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bont has been massive over the past 6 weeks. My what's up with Bont?' thread clearly kick started the huge turnaround in form.
    You are the "X-factor" in this equation and will elude the best efforts of the meeja, including Channel 9 appointed super slueth Dameo, to uncover your role.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Is Bont having an underrated huge year? Seems to be really building into beast mode form the last few weeks.
    He's been massive since the Richmond debacle. Probably the best player in the comp since then.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's been massive since the Richmond debacle. Probably the best player in the comp since then.
    I'm praying we win this weekend.

Seeing Bont at full flight in a final is a thing of beauty.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm praying we win this weekend.

Seeing Bont at full flight in a final is a thing of beauty.
    The best thing I've ever seen as a bulldog supporter was Bont running unto that kick that JJ stuck out in front of him and slotting the goal in the prelim against GWS. That's when I truly began to believe we could win the whole thing. Actually I began to expect that we would win
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The best thing I've ever seen as a bulldog supporter was Bont running unto that kick that JJ stuck out in front of him and slotting the goal in the prelim against GWS. That's when I truly began to believe we could win the whole thing.
    I can still clearly remember that play unfolding right in front of me. Unforgettable.. You could actually feel the Dogs fans energy around me in the stand.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best thing I've ever seen as a bulldog supporter was Bont running unto that kick that JJ stuck out in front of him and slotting the goal in the prelim against GWS. That's when I truly began to believe we could win the whole thing. Actually I began to expect that we would win
    Absolutely. 2nd favourite is Morris’ tackle and Boyd goal.

Then you’ve got the wall of Biggs leading to a Picken goal and then Pickens dam wall busting goal. I get emotional after each of these every time I watch them.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I can still clearly remember that play unfolding right in front of me. Unforgettable.. You could actually feel the Dogs fans energy around me in the stand.
    As soon as I saw who it was running into it I just thought "goodnight GWS. Thanks for coming"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Absolutely. 2nd favourite is Morris’ tackle and Boyd goal.

Then you’ve got the wall of Biggs leading to a Picken goal and then Pickens dam wall busting goal. I get emotional after each of these every time I watch them.
    Good choices. The Tom Boyd goal especially. At the game and Buddy is running towards us with the ball (we were virtually alongside the goals they were kicking to) and we're thinking "no. Oh no" and then all of a sudden Tom Boyd is running the other way. Couldn't see the actual tackle because the MCG has that weird dip in the middle of the ground where they drop the pitches in but soon caught up on the replay on the screen.

Post Thanks / Like

The funniest thing I saw was in the next bay. A girl took off the swans scarf she was wearing and handed it to her boyfriend who gave her a quizzical look. She pointed to the bay all us bulldog were going off our heads in and just shrugged and smiled as if to say "I was only really wearing it to make you happy but these people have gone past being happy and if you can't beat them..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    As soon as Moyd made that interception the path to glory revealed itself, we were fortunate that the blokes had in the chain were exactly who you'd want. It was the equivalent of a through ball on goal in a World Cup, or a breakaway 1 v 0 in a Stanley Cup game 7. We all rose in a crescendo of noise with each phase of the play.

I actually got worried after that goal. Felt like we as fans had gone too early, all the prelim flashbacks would suggest that was the moment where we'd exposed a vital organ and the football gods would gleefully knife us right there. It was the only time I doubted the flag would wag from the time Murph did his knee, to the final siren on GF day.

Post Thanks / Like

That whole chain made it feel like time had stopped.

One of the greatest experiences of my life was seeing it happen live.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Its my favourite ever moment also. I've never lost the plot (in a good way) more at the footy in all of my life.

When I finally made it to bed that night at where I was staying in Sydney, and had a look at the highlights on my phone, I got a shock at how far out Bont was.....in my head he was only 15m out, perhaps because of the certainty I had that he'd kick it....so when I saw it was really about 30, I was surprised.

If anyone has NOT seen this online, AL's Highlights has an "Octocall" of the goal, where you see the goal 8 times with all of the different TV and radio commentaries. Whatelely, Hudson and Rex Hunt's calls of the call are particularly brilliant. Whately and Hudson are obviously brilliant play by play callers, and Rex's is funny because he declares it a goal before Bont has even kicked it!

Post Thanks / Like

That whole chain made it feel like time had stopped.

One of the greatest experiences of my life was seeing it happen live.
    Was truly unbelievable.
    I was actually sitting very close to the Bontempelli family (even gave Mrs Bont a big hug after the siren and thanked her for producing her amazing son....bit silly to think of now...but It was pandemonium and everyone was hugging everyone).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Was truly unbelievable.
    I was actually sitting very close to the Bontempelli family (even gave Mrs Bont a big hug after the siren and thanked her for producing her amazing son....bit silly to think of now...but It was pandemonium and everyone was hugging everyone).
    I wish I could bottle that feeling.