Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  111
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R17 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Its my favourite ever moment also. I've never lost the plot (in a good way) more at the footy in all of my life.

When I finally made it to bed that night at where I was staying in Sydney, and had a look at the highlights on my phone, I got a shock at how far out Bont was.....in my head he was only 15m out, perhaps because of the certainty I had that he'd kick it....so when I saw it was really about 30, I was surprised.

If anyone has NOT seen this online, AL's Highlights has an "Octocall" of the goal, where you see the goal 8 times with all of the different TV and radio commentaries. Whatelely, Hudson and Rex Hunt's calls of the call are particularly brilliant. Whately and Hudson are obviously brilliant play by play callers, and Rex's is funny because he declares it a goal before Bont has even kicked it!
    I actually grabbed some of the grass from sh1tless stadium as a keepsake! This was my 8th live prelim, I've never felt sicker at a game. I actually spotted myself on the replay and as I expected I had my hands over my face for most of the game. Too much stress! What a goal. I remember everyone just hanging around in a state of euphoric shock after the siren. I walked out with David Smorgan actually back to the car park (don't know him just timing) it was a nice moment.
    My only random stranger hug at the football was when Toby had it at the end of the GF and we knew we'd got it. (Did that really happen).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good choices. The Tom Boyd goal especially. At the game and Buddy is running towards us with the ball (we were virtually alongside the goals they were kicking to) and we're thinking "no. Oh no" and then all of a sudden Tom Boyd is running the other way. Couldn't see the actual tackle because the MCG has that weird dip in the middle of the ground where they drop the pitches in but soon caught up on the replay on the screen.
    I was sitting behind our goals for that one. I saw the Morris tackle coming, although to be honest I thought Buddy would shrug him off like he so often did to players. That tackle was even more amazing considering who Moz was tackling. It'd be like getting Martin pinged for HTB. Buddy rarely, if ever, got caught.

Like you I thought they'd go to the other end and kick a goal. When Boyd launched from inside the square we all stood up and waited for what seemed like an eternity for it to bounce through. But after the ridiculous JJ goal overturn I had this horrible feeling it was going to happen again to Boyds goal. When it didn't, for the first time I felt comfortable knowing we'd win it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I was sitting behind our goals for that one. I saw the Morris tackle coming, although to be honest I thought Buddy would shrug him off like he so often did to players. That tackle was even more amazing considering who Moz was tackling. It'd be like getting Martin pinged for HTB. Buddy rarely, if ever, got caught.
    Made even more amazing by the fact Moz had a broken freaking back!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I say it to myself often during horrible bulldogs losses, but we really are lucky to have lived through that magnificent 4 weeks. Not just because we won the flag, but because it was the most exhillarating 4 weeks of football ever produced and probably ever to be produced. There are so many moments we can repeat forever. We can rewatch whole matches and still be on the edge of our seat. Imagine going for Richmond and getting to watch 100pt floggings on repeat. Just not as fun.

6. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I say it to myself often during horrible bulldogs losses, but we really are lucky to have lived through that magnificent 4 weeks. Not just because we won the flag, but because it was the most exhillarating 4 weeks of football ever produced and probably ever to be produced. There are so many moments we can repeat forever. We can rewatch whole matches and still be on the edge of our seat. Imagine going for Richmond and getting to watch 100pt floggings on repeat. Just not as fun.
    Best flag ever and will never be topped.

In fact, 2016 was the greatest sporting year of all time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early in prelim final week my ex rang saying she was over from Tassie and wantied to know if the kids wanted to catch up with her on the night of the game. As I expected daughter did, son wanted to watch the match. Anyway she turns up just before the match and collects no 1 daughter, faffs about the house for a bit, leaves comes back to collect some things she'd forgotten, leaves, comes back to pick up some stuff daughter had forgotten, leaves, comes back wanders about the house for "no particular reason. I just noticed the game had started and wanted to see the football zombies!"

Son just says "see you mum. Love you"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just going back and watching some of the Hawks game again, I'm pretty bullish on JJ having a big impact playing higher up the field now that Duryea is back. That second goal on the run from 50 was a thing of beauty, just burning off his opponent and then finishing cleanly.

Really hope we continue with that role as it gives us a pacy point of difference, especially with VDM out.

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then when the game had finished I just ran. By the time I got out the front f the unit we were living in I was yelling "*!*!*!*! yeah, grand final, *!*!*!*! yeah." Son was right behind me yelling much the same. We were hugging and jumping up and down when we noticed our Mexican next door neighbours and half a dozen friends (who spoke very little English) sitting out the front watching us with open mouths and raised eyebrows.

I thought "how do we explain this!" and then it hit me. I smiled and pretended to kick a footy and just said "football" and one of them said "ah si. We comprehend. Football!" Pretty soon we were all dancing in the street.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Without doubt. As my avatar shows I'm also a cubs fan.

Also enjoyed seeing Lebron and the Cavs overcome the warriors and of course, Leicester winning the premier league was just astonishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just going back and watching some of the Hawks game again, I'm pretty bullish on JJ having a big impact playing higher up the field now that Duryea is back. That second goal on the run from 50 was a thing of beauty, just burning off his opponent and then finishing cleanly.

Really hope we continue with that role as it gives us a pacy point of difference, especially with VDM out.
    I feel it inevitable that Wood comes back in if healthy. So where does he slot in with Duryea back?

Post Thanks / Like

I feel it inevitable that Wood comes back in if healthy. So where does he slot in with Duryea back?
    My personal view is Cordy and Wood are playing similar roles and can't really co-exist in a balanced defence. I imagine Bevo sees it differently though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Was truly unbelievable.
    I was actually sitting very close to the Bontempelli family (even gave Mrs Bont a big hug after the siren and thanked her for producing her amazing son....bit silly to think of now...but It was pandemonium and everyone was hugging everyone).
    There's nothing silly about this at all. I'm getting shivers just reading this thread.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

The moment JJ took off after the Moyd volley kick (that could have gone horribly wrong for us) was simply electrifying, the anticipation as we saw who was upfield and the roar when the goal was kicked is etched into my memory. Amazing moment.

At the GF I was about twenty rows back centre wing on the bottom level of the southern stand, and as the ball bounced through after the Toyd kick I saw the crowd behind the goals stand up in unison across all four levels and then the sound hit me after a slight delay. Never seen or heard anything like it at the MCG, and I've been to a lot of big finals there.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Then when the game had finished I just ran. By the time I got out the front f the unit we were living in I was yelling "*!*!*!*! yeah, grand final, *!*!*!*! yeah." Son was right behind me yelling much the same. We were hugging and jumping up and down when we noticed our Mexican next door neighbours and half a dozen friends (who spoke very little English) sitting out the front watching us with open mouths and raised eyebrows.

I thought "how do we explain this!" and then it hit me. I smiled and pretended to kick a footy and just said "football" and one of them said "ah si. We comprehend. Football!" Pretty soon we were all dancing in the street.
    Why have you not told that story before TD?

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the Richmond flag in 2017 that douche canoe Corbin Middlemass tried to justify it being more remarkable than our run in 2016 on ABC Grandstand. His co-presenters shut it down but he just kept banging on about it even though it doesn't warrant a discussion.

Closest I've ever come to calling a radio station to complain about content.