Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  111
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R17 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    After the Richmond flag in 2017 that douche canoe Corbin Middlemass tried to justify it being more remarkable than our run in 2016 on ABC Grandstand. His co-presenters shut it down but he just kept banging on about it even though it doesn't warrant a discussion.

Closest I've ever come to calling a radio station to complain about content.
    We'd win a flag every few years if all finals were played at Marvel.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That whole chain made it feel like time had stopped.

One of the greatest experiences of my life was seeing it happen live.
    I wish the Matty Boyd skewiff kick off the ground that landed perfectly in the path of JJ would get as much love as the Matty Scarlett arsey toe poke in the 2009 GF
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the Richmond flag in 2017 that douche canoe Corbin Middlemass tried to justify it being more remarkable than our run in 2016 on ABC Grandstand. His co-presenters shut it down but he just kept banging on about it even though it doesn't warrant a discussion.

Closest I've ever come to calling a radio station to complain about content.
    It was one of the most unremarked finals series in recent memories. Aside from the port v eagles game I’ve never seen such a dull and uneventful finals series. Full credit to the tigers. They deserved it. But remarkable? Not even close.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment JJ took off after the Moyd volley kick (that could have gone horribly wrong for us) was simply electrifying, the anticipation as we saw who was upfield and the roar when the goal was kicked is etched into my memory. Amazing moment.

At the GF I was about twenty rows back centre wing on the bottom level of the southern stand, and as the ball bounced through after the Toyd kick I saw the crowd behind the goals stand up in unison across all four levels and then the sound hit me after a slight delay. Never seen or heard anything like it at the MCG, and I've been to a lot of big finals there.
    I'd forgotten about the rumble of noise engulfing us. I can remember the ball sitting upright and then breaking like one of Warnie's wrong 'uns and then the wall of noise hitting us.

Why have you not told that story before TD?
    Have I told you my Nick Cave war stories?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I wish the Matty Boyd skewiff kick off the ground that landed perfectly in the path of JJ would get as much love as the Matty Scarlett arsey toe poke in the 2009 GF
    We were sitting on the wing with a wonderful view of that contest which ended with Matt Boyd somehow getting it out to JJ and the intensity of those moments was like nothing I've ever experienced befor. We all rose like there was an electric magnets on our heads as JJ took off and we realised where Bont was and that he could run into goal. It was by no means a gimme for Bont. He had a guy hot on his tail and he had to paddle the ball in front, keep his feet where lesser mortals might have stumbled, and still going at full pace, slot it through. I had a half-strangled thought that he was born for that moment and always destined to do this for us.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes Twodogs, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go on, do yourself a favour.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved Terry Wallace's little impromptu 'sheesh' during the AFL Live call.

Post Thanks / Like

It never fails does it.

Is it Libba who is also streaming forward?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

"Bontempelli....the future star...the PRESENT star...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh **and then the SEN box goes off and someone is banging on the desk or wall** "

Oh and Whateley's "It means the WORLD to the Bulldogs"

So glad that "AL" put this together.

Post Thanks / Like

Rex's call is pure bliss. Calls just in front of the play. Sometimes annoying but he nailed it to allow the crowd to come through then he starts and epic rant on the crowd.

The best call on a piece of play I've ever heard.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave me shivers. JJ did he have jets on his boots or what !?

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Rex's call is pure bliss. Calls just in front of the play. Sometimes annoying but he nailed it to allow the crowd to come through then he starts and epic rant on the crowd.

The best call on a piece of play I've ever heard.
    Spot on. He nailed it.