Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  157
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R18 2020

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Naughton has a suspected fractured cheek bone ... not good.
    It's better than an orbital bone. Depending on how he plays, he could rush back in time for the semi finals. If it was an orbital bone then that would be year over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    WHAT was that all about? Your most important quarter of the year and... just why?
    Kids these days...…..
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Broken nose or a broken cheek I reckon. The contact looked high up.

Either way it's not good.
    Broken nose is nothing, rather that any day of the week,not sure you would even scan a broken nose , I have a history of them from Back in the day , apparently cheek bone too he could play but eye socket is the worry according to the great man Healy.
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad we made finals. But not satisfied yet. Win one final and I think most of the bitterness I feel about the years since the flag will dissipate.

8. Likes GVGjr, The Bulldogs Bite, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Broken nose is nothing, rather that any day of the week,not sure you would even scan a broken nose , I have a history of them from Back in the day , apparently cheek bone too he could play but eye socket is the worry according to the great man Healy.
    Yeah I've had a couple of broken noses too. Hurts like buggery for a while but not the end of the world.

I'm not sure they will let him play these days though if it's a cheek. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago. Remember the egg on Libba's face in his last game? He played it out but nowadays the decision would have been taken out of his hands.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I've had a couple of broken noses too. Hurts like buggery for a while but not the end of the world. I'm not sure they will let him play these days though. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago. Remember the egg on Libba's face in his last game? He played it out but nowadays the decision would have been taken out of his hands.
    I think it depends on if it’s a concussion issue which I doubt very much, all he did was kept running and grab what looked like his nose.
    For them to rush him to hospital for scans I very much doubt it’s just a broken nose though.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on if it’s a concussion issue which I doubt very much, all he did was kept running and grab what looked like his nose.
    For them to rush him to hospital for scans I very much doubt it’s just a broken nose though.
    Suspected fractured cheek bone
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Suspected fractured cheek bone
    So any chance to return if we go deeper in the finals? or will be back in 2021.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's presser indicated a depressed fracture of the check bone for Astro it just depends on how high it is. Wally should be ok just jarred the shoulder.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

14. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    He could be back in a couple of weeks Easty.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how bad.

18. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...last-round-win

Bulldogs finals bound after last round win
    A 30-point victory over Fremantle in Cairns has secured the Bulldogs a finals berth.

The Western Bulldogs left it to the second last game of the last round of the season, but they have locked in their spot in the 2020 finals.

The Bulldogs, who started their Sunday evening game in ninth spot, launched into the top eight with an eventually comfortable 30-point win over Fremantle in Cairns.

The Dogs will learn their opponent for the Elimination Final – which will be either West Coast or St Kilda - after Monday night’s game between Port Adelaide and Collingwood.

They’ll be sweating on the availability of young spearhead Aaron Naughton, who was sent to hospital as a precaution with a facial injury, and Mitch Wallis, who left the field late in the game nursing his left arm.

The match was still in the balance midway through the last quarter, but the Bulldogs finally broke away from the determined Dockers with the last three goals of the contest.

Lachie Hunter and Tom Liberatore were superb for the Dogs for the entire four quarters. Hunter won a match-high 34 disposals, kicked a goal and had 601 metres gained, while Liberatore recorded an astonishing 41 pressure acts to go with 25 possessions, 12 score involvements, eight tackles and seven clearances.

Captain Marcus Bontempelli finished with a goal and 20 disposals, while Pat Lipinski was a bright light in his return to the senior side, kicking and goal and collecting 17 possessions.

The Bulldogs had 10 individual goalkickers, with Tim English kicking two for the second week in a row.

After an even start, the Dogs established some breathing space during the second quarter with a burst of three straight majors, taking a 12-point lead into half time.

The Dockers kicked the first goal of the third term to get to within six points, but it was to be their last six-pointer of the match.

Bailey Smith snapped truly restore the Bulldogs advantage by the final change, and Hunter broke the tense deadlock at the 10-minute mark of the last quarter with a strong mark and converted set shot.

Dogs fans could rest even easier when Caleb Daniel and Bontempelli put the icing on the cake with late goals to send them marching to back-to-back finals appearances.

MATCH DETAILS

FREMANTLE 2.2 5.4 6.5 6.8 (44)

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2.3 7.4 8.8 11.8 (74)

GOALS

Fremantle: Fyfe 2, Darcy, Schultz, Crowden, Hogan

Western Bulldogs: English 2, Wallis, Johannisen, Naughton, Bruce, Lipinski, B.Smith, Hunter, Daniel, Bontempelli

BEST

Fremantle: Fyfe, Serong, Ryan, Darcy, Cerra, Hogan

Western Bulldogs: Liberatore, Hunter, Bontempelli, English, Lipinski, Daniel

INJURIES

Fremantle: Taberner (quad) replaced in selected side by Colyer

Western Bulldogs: Naughton (head), Wallis (shoulder)
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes Twodogs, The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in presser it depends on how high up the fracture is- if anywhere near the eye sounds like will not play. If lower ok. Will be surgery for sure. He was optimistic about Wally but gee Wally looked somber at end if game so here’s hoping Bevo is right.

Worth watching presser-start is quite funny as interruptions at start and Bevo starts laughing. Also workers are whistling in background for first few mins as they presumably pack stuff away in background. Amateur hour.

Post Thanks / Like

They take any sort of head knock pretty seriously these days.