Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  157
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R18 2020

If someone told me Naughts and Wally would not kick a goal, that we’d be 1 player down with half a game to play and we were gonna win by 5 goals by a much improved Freo I would have said you are dreaming.

The little things our players did whole match - tapping ball to others, somehow reaching ball when not in best position etc impressed me today. Playing more cohesively as a team. Think Freo did us some favours with some bad goal misses in last half plus horrible turnovers. Thought we handled the slippery conditions much better.

2. Likes Testekill, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We finished two games out of the top 4. Would have been nice to finish off Port and Geelong, but still may get a chance to.
    Yeah would have been nice to have already secured our spot in the finals before the last round but we are here again and always a chance.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If someone told me Naughts and Wally would not kick a goal, that we’d be 1 player down with half a game to play and we were gonna win by 5 goals by a much improved Freo I would have said you are dreaming.

The little things our players did whole match - tapping ball to others, somehow reaching ball when not in best position etc impressed me today. Playing more cohesively as a team. Think Freo did us some favours with some bad goal misses in last half plus horrible turnovers. Thought we handled the slippery conditions much better.
    Agree with the sentiment. However, Wally kicked the first Bulldogs goal of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t usually take much notice of fantasy football scores, however Libba scored 196 in SuperCoach which is rarified air.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree with the sentiment. However, Wally kicked the first Bulldogs goal of the game.
    Oops-yes it was a clever soccer kick!! My bad & Naughty kicked one too-that bad missed mark by Freo backman.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops-yes it was a clever soccer kick!! My bad & Naughty kicked one too-that bad missed mark by Freo backman.
    Naughty kicked a goal too... batting 0 from 2 Josie.

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get your act together Josie.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a strange, tense and exhausting night. At times it felt like things were against us. Often a series of magnificent smothers somehow resulted in them getting possession. Losing Naughton was really tough. Can the Kid take a trick?

Our defence didn't seem as cohesive, Wood's timing was out, and though I love Cordy tonight I could see why Comrade's opinion that he ain't much chop is held so steadfastly.

We had a dreadful start to the year and haven't had a whole lot of luck with injuries, but here we are, with another finals series to play in this strange old season. Go Dogs your endeavour this year has never been in doubt!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Likes GVGjr, Eastdog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titus O'Reilly has lamented how terrible a day it's been for Melbourne fans.

1. COVID breach
    2. Inappropriate touching
    3. Out of finals

Glad we could be a part of it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Twodogs, Testekill, merantau, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Titus O'Reilly has lamented how terrible a day it's been for Melbourne fans.

1. COVID breach
    2. Inappropriate touching
    3. Out of finals

Glad we could be a part of it.
    WHAT was that all about? Your most important quarter of the year and... just why?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    We had a dreadful start to the year and haven't had a whole lot of luck with injuries, but here we are, with another finals series to play in this strange old season. Go Dogs your endeavour this year has never been in doubt!
    Yep, given the start and the 4-5 times throughout the season I thought we were done and dusted, credit has to go to the coaching group and the players for somehow buying in until the end and making it through.

Fingers crossed the injury gods smile on us over the next week, we can roll out as close to our best 22 as possible and we cause some carnage in the finals.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton has a suspected fractured cheek bone ... not good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've had a settled defence with Crozier a key component all year, and in a must win game, we send him into a completely different role that he has proven he isn't suited to.

We bring Wood straight in and make our defence slower and less competent by foot.

Makes sense to me.

And that the mighty trio Bont, Macrae and Dunkley have their least combined effort ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I thought so as well 'in the moment' and wanted a free-kick...commentators didn't mention it so I figured I had just 'missed' something...will be interesting to see the replay.
    Broken nose or a broken cheek I reckon. The contact looked high up.

Either way it's not good.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed with our pressure particularly in defence. Lipinski was very good in the first half and Roarke had his best game by far. His willingness to take the risk and run around the man on the mark was great to see. Libba was immense throughout. It was a very good pressure performance. The win was made harder by poor goal kicking and poor delivery inside 50. I am really happy with the win. Thanks Dogs. We are in the mix.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

21. Likes Testekill, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post